Alea iacta est…the Council has spoken, the votes have been cast, and we have the results for this week’s Watcher’s Council match up.
style=”font-size: large;”>Yond Cassius has a lean and hungry look; He thinks too much: such men are dangerous. – William Shakespeare, from ‘Julius Caesar, Act 1 Scene 2
style=”font-size: large;”>Impeachment is not a remedy for private wrongs; it’s a method of removing someone whose continued presence in office would cause grave danger to the nation. – Charles Ruff
This week’s winner, JThe Noisy Room’s Astroturfed Marxists Call for an Obama Dictatorship is a fine if disturbing piece based on a report by photojournalist Zombie about some disturbing and apparently staged events during President Obama’s recent fundraising tour in the San Francisco Bay Area. Here’s a slice:
Enter Sandman (Metallica):
Sleep with one eye open<br
/> Gripping your pillow tight
/> Enter night<br
/> Take my hand<br
/> We’re off to never-never land
Something’s wrong, shut the light<br
/> Heavy thoughts tonight<br
/> And they aren’t of Snow White
Dreams of war, dreams of liars<br
/> Dreams of dragon’s fire<br
/> And of things that will bite, yeah
Of dreams and nightmares, a dictator arises — enter Obama. As Obama arrived in San Francisco Monday, no one literally cared. Few showed and they practically had to give tickets away to his presidential fundraisers. Evidently, the false Messiah has fallen to earth, but after all, this is his realm, singed wings and all. Today’s must read is from Zombie at PJ Media: SF Protesters to Obama: Please be a Dictator! An excellent piece and as always, incredible photography.
Obama’s growing theme now of just get on with the revolution, ignore the Constitution and rule by executive diktat, is being screamed by people in his audiences. Funny thing though, they are astroturfed plants. Monday’s heckler at Obama’s pro-amnesty speech in San Francisco was Ju Hong, an approved guest of the White House and an illegal alien from South Korea who recently graduated from UC Berkeley. Ju Hong came to the US with his family on a tourist visa and never left. He has Marxist ties. Ju Hong also listed himself as an outreach coordinator at the Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance, as a legislative intern for San Francisco and as a senator at the Associated Students of the University of California. Marxists of a red feather…
So, let me get this straight. The one screaming for amnesty was a commie South Korean. Obama’s first fundraiser of the day in the City by the Bay, was at the Betty Ong Recreation Center, on the edge of San Francisco’s Chinatown. He’s now trying to appear that he is a man of the people and not just a wealthy, corrupt Marxist elitist. No… he is a Marxist for the down trodden as long as they are useful to him. But notice that he went to Chinatown. Now he has Chinese communists screaming for amnesty. Hmmm, I see a trend. Only about 40 showed for the blowhard, but you get the drift. Eventually this asshat will take full control because the people demanded it – er, well… a few Marxists any way.<br
/> more at the link.
In our non-Council Category, the winner was by M. Northrop Buechner over at Forbes, Obama’s Disdain For The Constitution Means We Risk Losing Our Republic submitted by Nice Deb . Related to the theme of our Council winner, it seriously examines the current occupant of the White House’s lawless and imperious ways, his disregard for the separation of powers, and the danger they pose to our republican form of government.
OK, here are this week’s results. Only The Mellow Jihadi was unable to vote this week, but was not subject to the usual 2/3 vote penalty.
style=”color: red;”>*First place with 3 votes!The Noisy Room – Astroturfed Marxists Call for an Obama Dictatorship
style=”font-weight: bold;”>Second place *t* with 2 1/3 votes –The Right lanet – UNCONSCIONABLE! Cancer Patient Who Spoke Out Against ObamaCare Now Being Audited
style=”font-weight: bold;”>Second place *t* with 2 1/3 votes –Joshuapundit-About That ‘Jewish Controlled Media’
- Third place *t* with 1 vote –Bookworm Room -Why a healthy society should resist the new generation of gender-neutral pronouns
style=”font-weight: bold;”>Third place *t* with 1 vote –Liberty’s Spirit – Control Education-Control the Future
style=”font-weight: bold;”>Third place *t* with 1 vote –Nice Deb – The IRS Continues to Punish Obamas Enemies (Video)
style=”font-weight: bold;”>Third place *t* with 1 vote –The Razor – The Rich Get Richer Thanks to the Fed
style=”font-weight: bold;”>Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote –GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – The Battle For Protecting Troops On The Ground
style=”font-weight: bold;”>Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote –Simply Jews – The Iran deal: another big red herring
style=”font-weight: bold;”>Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote –Rhymes With Right – Obama’s Secret Police
style=”font-weight: bold;”>Fifth place with 1/3 vote – VA Right! - New Christmas Song – ‘Deployed Again for Christmas’ – Christmas Tribute to our Troops!
style=”color: red;”>First place with 2 2/3 votes! – M. Northrop Buechner/Forbes -Obama’s Disdain For The Constitution Means We Risk Losing Our Republic submitted by Nice Deb
- Second place *t* with 2 votes – David Gerstman/Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion – For our Iran nuke deal negotiator, there’s no business, like failed business submitted by Simply Jews
- Second place *t* with 2 votes – Kyle Mizokami/War Is Boring – If China’s Airspace Grab Turns Violent, This Is What Could Happen submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Third place *t* with 1 2/3 votes -Charles Krauthammer – An Outbreak of Lawlessness submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes -PJ O’Rourke –The Boomer Bust submitted by The Razor
- Fourth place with 1 vote-Mark Steyn/NRO – Surrender in Geneva submitted by The Noisy Room
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 votes -War On The Rocks – Keep Fighting! Why The Counterinsurgency Debate Must Go On submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 votes -Douglas Ernst – 113th Congress deemed least productive ever by officials with a perverse love of new laws submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote -C. Steven Tucker – The TRUTH About Preexisting Conditions submitted by The Right Planet
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote -Michael Totten – The Once Great City of Havana submitted by Joshuapundit
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote -Thomas Sowell/IBD-Is Black Underperformance The Result Of Welfare State, Victimhood? submitted by Bookworm Room
See you next week! Don’t forget to tune in on Monday AM for this week’s Watcher’s Forum, as the Council and their invited special guests take apart one of the provocative issues of the day with short takes and weigh in…don’t you dare miss it. And don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter…..’cause we’re cool like that!