Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
First off, I’d like to mention that the city of Sderot, Israel has been under attack for several days. While the rocket attacks have stopped for now, the ongoing assault in these brave people continues.
I urge you to read the Gates of Vienna post down as a Watcher’s pick this week. There’s a link therein where you can, if you wish, donate some money to help in the relief efforts.They can use it.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday AM.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week….
- The Noisy Room – The Fog of Misdirection
- The Political Commentator – L.A. Lakers fire coach Mike Brown and America rehires Barack Obama?
- The Razor – Invincible
- Joshuapundit–Taking DC By Strategy – A Battle Plan
- The Colossus of Rhodey – The results (and what now?)
- Bookworm Room – Getting outside of the bubble: taking liberal arguments seriously
- The Right Planet – When Liberals (Socialists) Offer Advice
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – P4 Finis
- The Glittering Eye –I Love The U.S.A.
- VA Right! – The Republican’s “Obama Lite” Candidate Loses (AGAIN!)
- The Mellow Jihadi – What Can You Do to Help Our Vietnam Veterans?
- The Independent Sentinel – Benghazi Bombshell: Lies Upon Lies in an Extraordinary Cover UP
- Gay Patriot – Jerry Brown’s scorn for wealth creators
- Rhymes With Right – An Observation On The Petraeus Resignation
- Simply Jews – Of Mice And Men
- Ask Marion – A Black Veil of Mourning Hangs Over America
- Crazy Bald Guy – Our long national nightmare is NOT over
- Liberty’s Spirit – Hubris and Hoohahs…..The Fault is in Ourselves
- The Pirate’s Cove – Washington Post: “Know What Would Be Awesome? A Carbon Tax”
- Melanie Phillips –America goes into the darkness submitted by The Noisy Room
- The Economic Collapse Blog –Share This Massive List Of Post-Election Firings And Layoffs With Everyone You Can submitted by The Political Commentator
- ZeroHedge –Why President Obama Was Reelected submitted by The Razor
- Victor Davis Hanson – Anatomies of Electoral Madness submitted by Joshuapundit
- The First Street Journal – Ending your career with a thud submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Commentary/Abe Greenwald –Democrats Better Start Soul Searching submitted by Bookworm Room
- Misfit Politics – Capitalism Vs. Democrat Policies submitted by The Right Planet
- Wired – Is Anti-Islam Filmmaker a Political Prisoner? submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Blake Hounshell/Foreign Policy – Did Petraeus mistress reveal new Benghazi details? submitted by The Glittering Eye
- David Limbaugh – Before We Give Up, Could We At Least Try Selling Our Ideas? submitted by VA Right!
- Bring the heat, Bring the Stupid –Is it Time for a Cold War Victory Medal? submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- PJ Media – European Socialism is Collapsing, Is America Next? submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Powerline –Where Do Republicans Go From Here? The Social Issues submitted by Gay Patriot
- Gates of Vienna – News from Front-Line Sderot submitted by The Watcher
- Caroline Glick – A time for courage, and action submitted by The Watcher