The Winter Olympics in Sochi are coming up soon, and this picture of Russian President Putin calming down a six-month-old leopard cub who had just attacked and injured two journalists inside a cage seems to be an intriguing foreshadowing of upcoming events. After all, Russia’s Putin is the same guy who threatened to cut Islamic terrorist’s testicles off if they tried any of their usual antics in Moscow. I have a feeling the games will be fairly quiet on that score, but we’ll see…
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
This week’s contest in dedicated to Barry Rubin (Z’L). May his memory be blessed.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won’t be published) in the comments section <span
style=”text-decoration: underline;”>no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council nominations for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
Simply Jew’s entry this week, The selective memory of Andrew Sullivan merited a retweet from CNN’s Frida Ghitis.
Bookworm has a new book out, The Bookworm Returns : Life in Obama’s America and it is a great read, a collection of her always scintillating essays..
Joshuapundit’s latest article is up at the Times of Israel, Israel: Dealing With Boycotts, Lies And Intimidation
VA Right’s Tom White has another song out on YouTube, ‘Perfectly In Love’.
Council Alumnus and noted author Trever Loudon is on his book tour promoting his latest, The Enemy Within and is speaking and appearing at the following locations:
West Chester (OH) TEA Party<br
/> Butler Tech, 3603 Hamilton-Middletown Rd.<br
/> Hamilton, OH 45011<br
/> Thursday, February 6 — 7:00 pm
Clark County Tea (OH) Party Patriots<br
/> Silver Creek Middle School, 495 N. Indiana Ave.<br
/> Sellersburg, IN 47172<br
/> Friday, February 7 — 6:30 pm
Vanderburgh Co. IN Tea Party Patriots<br
/> Evansville Central Library, 200 S.E. Martin Luther Blvd, Evansville, IN<br
/> Saturday, February 8 — 1:15 pm
Indianapolis TEA Party North<br
/> Knights of Columbus, 2100 E. 71st St., Indianapolis, IN<br
/> Sunday, February 9 — 3:00 pm
So, let’s see what we have this week….
- Simply Jews – The selective memory of Andrew Sullivan
- Liberty’s Spirit – Are We Truly choosing Liberty?
- The Noisy Room – Here It Comes – Amnesty
- The Colossus of Rhodey – A trip back in time (Moonbat hypocrisy alert)
- Joshuapundit–Obama’s SOTU – A Hidden Opportunity Amid The Horse Manure
- Ask Marion – The Tale of Two Women and the Choice in the Battle for America’s Soul and Future
- The Right Planet – Lefty Rag Salon’s Insane Defense of Communism
- VA Right! – We Can’t Aim At The Liberals With So many RINO’s in the Line of Fire
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – NATO In Palestine
- The Independent Sentinel – Shirk-retary of State, Hillary Clinton
- Bookworm Room – Barry Rubin RIP
- The Glittering Eye –Queen Of Denial
- Nice Deb – Video: Bill O’Reilly Interviews Obama on ObamaCrash, Benghazi, IRS – Finds Not A ‘Smidgen Of Corruption’ Anywhere
- The Razor – Spay, Neuter, Adopt – Repeat
- Rhymes With Right – Wendy And Sarah — A Comparison
- The Mellow Jihadi – Dylan Farrow-an open letter…
- Kashif Chaudhry/Daily Express – I left the US because of their hatred towards Muslims… this is my story
- The Pirate’s Cove – Fact Checker: Obamacare Won’t Really Kill 2 Million Jobs
- Planck’s Constant – Bob and Jim Discuss Obama submitted by Simply Jews
- Jeffrey Anderson /Weekly Standard – My Constitution submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- Caroline Glick –Trying To Scare Us submitted by The Noisy Room
- The First Street Journal – Economics 101: The myRA accounts submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Politico – Dear America, I saw You Naked – Confessions Of An Ex-TSA Agent submitted by Joshuapundit
- Kingsjester’s Blog –From Reagan to Rubio: The Wussification of the Republican Party submitted by Ask Marion
- WSJ/Ruth Wisse – Ruth Wisse: The Dark Side of the War on ‘the One Percent’ submitted by The Right Planet
- Doug Ross – BOOM: Johnny Boehner will have a primary opponent! submitted by VA Right!
- Stormbringer – The Real Afghanistan: A Marine Point Of View submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Bill Gertz/The Free Beacon –Recalled Report Raises Question of Politicization of Intelligence submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Maggie’s Farm–Barry Rubin, my friend, was a Mensch submitted by Bookworm Room
- Manhattan Contrarian – More Examples Of Our Fundamentally Fraudulent Government In Action submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Bryan Preston/PJ Media –Republican Fools Are About to Throw 2014 Away: submitted by Nice Deb
- Charlotte Allen/Weekly Standard –‘Kelo’ Revisited submitted by The Razor
- Popehat – Professor Thane Rosenbaum Deceptively Carries On The Tradition of Censorship-Cheerleading submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Mark Steyn – The Cupcake Commisars submitted by The Watcher
- Barry Rubin – Why The Arab/Muslim World is Trapped submitted by Watcher