It’s simply heartwarming.It’s been just over a whole month since the fun loving Obama family enjoyed their last luxury vacay, a 17-day jaunt in Hawaii. And now it’s time to play again!
President Obama latest vacation was a golf weekend at an exclusive club called the Floridian, where his partner was no less than Tiger Woods.
The tab for Air Force One, his stay, the greens fees. his special Secret Service Detail ( one of whom actually had the privilege of being caddy) a few lessons from the club pros..oh, just under a million taxpayer dollars. By a hair.
Oh and let’s not forget the presidential consort. Michelle and her entourage n’aime pas le golf scene, and decided that skiing in Aspen was more their thing. No figures on that one, but Mrs. Obama, her two daughters, their friends, their entourage, and their Secret Service detail pretty much took over an entire resort during the President’s Day long weekend..so I’m sure it was as much if not more than President Obama’s tab.
A pity they couldn’t agree on just one family vacation instead of two. It certainly might have been a tad more economical, but I’m sure they had their reasons.
And whose counting, anyway, what with the economy doing so well, gas prices so low, unemployment negligible and that nasty debt problem a thing of the past? Happy days are here again, and we lowly villeins ought to be happy and grateful to pick up the bill for the excitement the presidential couple bring into our dreary lives. It’s like having our own royal family…right?
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category, and return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week….
- The Noisy Room – Obama and the Leftist Infiltration of Israeli Media
- Simply Jews – Guardian – confirming the obsession
- The Political Commentator – Another Obama snow-job: Sequestration = Republican-owned recession!
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Heaven forbid! A conservative comics writer is against gay “marriage”
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Mookie Redux – Return of al Sadr
- VA Right! - Gluttony – Big Government’s Deadly Sin
- The Razor – The Elephant In The Room - Having Kids Out-of-Wedlock Culture
- The Right Planet – So, You Bought a Gun, Huh?
- Joshuapundit-State Of The Union?
- Gay Patriot – To the true conservative, politics is of secondary importance
- Bookworm Room – Dems are troglodytes about women and self-defense, and they’re selling this as a virtue for the next election
- The Mellow Jihadi – 1 Billion Rising and the Quran
- The Glittering Eye - Multi-Tasking the 2013 State of the Union
- Rhymes With Right – Sen. Dan Patrick Moves To Dumb-Down Texas Graduation Requirements, Eliminate Government And Economics Requirement
- Ask Marion – Urgent Impassioned Campaign Against Gun Violence Interrupted for Vacation and Some Golf Lessons… Hmmm?
- Maggie’s Notebook – Tony West in Charge of Gitmo – Taliban Lawyer No. 3 at DOJ: Long History of Defending Enemy Combatants
- The Pirate’s Cove – Climate Astrology: Global Warming Means More Blizzards
- Sultan Knish –Its Not Easy Being Red and Green submitted by The Noisy Room
- The Sad Red Earth – The Israeli-Palestinian Textbook Study Fraud submitted by Simply Jews
- The City Journal -The Pension Fund That Ate California submitted by The Political Commentator
- The First Street Journal – The Minimum Wag submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Max Fisher/World Views – Is Israel the only U.S. ally in the Middle East? An answer in map form submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- The Mental Recession – Court Rules School Bus Driver Who Failed Drug Test Should Get Job Back submitted by VA Right!
- Victor Davis Hanson –Obama’s Hypocritic Oath submitted by The Razor
- Examiner.Com – New study confirms economy was destroyed by Democrat policies submitted by The Right Planet
- Amity Schlaes – The Coolidge Lesson on Taxes and Spending submitted by Joshuapundit
- Jennifer Rubin -The right to an awful defense secretary? submitted by Gay Patriot
- Zombie/PJ Media-1 billion rising San Francisco submitted by Bookworm Room
- Amil Imani –Interview with Amil Imani submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Penelope Trunk – Universal pre-K is bad for everyone submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Sister Toldjah – #GunControl: Washington State Democrats forget a little thing called the 4th amendment submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Sarah Palin – #SOTUGottaBKiddingMe submitted by The Watcher
- Khaled Abu Toameh – What Is Really Blocking the Peace Process? submitted by The Watcher
View this article –