There were a lot of people critical of the government shutdown and as usual, the press blamed Republicans and reserved a special venom for the “TEA Party” legislators.
Hint – if you wonder why the left has decided to call Ted Cruz and others that actually read and understand the US Constitution, look no further than the Rules for Radicals:
RULE 12: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions. (This is cruel, but very effective. Direct, personalized criticism and ridicule works.)
So the TEA Party and the cruelty to the “frozen” target Cruz are right out of Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals. But wait! There are more rules, if only my Conservative friends would bother to read the book.
Defunding Obamacare didn’t work. Repeal didn’t work. Protests, standing up for what is right against a massive mistake didn’t work.
Face it. People are brainwashed. At least enough of them to put morons in office that produce laws such as Obamacare and scams like the now debunked “Global Warming” crap from the Chicken Little Democrats and soft minded Liberals.
But the truth about Obamacare is that this was a bill that was never intended to see the light of day. It was the “duck and cover” version written by the Senate and the script kiddies that serve the Democrats as “advisers”.
But the intent of this bill was simply to toss in enough kickbacks and bribes to get the votes of enough Senators and provide enough sweetness to the bills to convince the folks back home that it was too good for their state to vote against, no matter how bad the actual bill was. Toss a few billion to Nebraska and Louisiana and the voters back home will continue to put these nincompoops in office. And the Democrats lost the House and lost the filibuster proof majority.
And once the bill passed, it would be taken into the back rooms behind locked doors along with the House Speaker (at the time) Nutty Nana Pelosi. There, the Senate bill would be gutted and the legislators, having crowed about the kickbacks and bribes would be good back home and the real bill would be hammered out with no Republican input – as usual.
But recall the fact that Scott Brown was elected to replace Teddy Kennedy. That threw a monkey wrench into the Democrat’s plot. the House Bill would never see the light of day in the Senate because Republicans could now stop the bill with a filibuster. Likewise, the Frankenstein Bill that the Conference Committee would hammer together was DOA with Scott Brown being the 41st vote to kill the bill.
But Democrats were SO CLOSE. They had never before had the numbers and the audacity to shove such a monster down America’s throat. (Or up America’s arse to be truthful.)
So the only option left was to pass the Senate bill in the House and call this laughable piece of garbage the new Health Care Law. So Obamacare was actually a bastard child of the Democrats that was to have been aborted and substituted with something that was better thought out and, while it would still would have been a typical Democrat atrocity, at least more serviceable than the Senate excrement.
And the Democrats and Obama now have to pretend they meant to do that. sort of like Pee Wee Herman:
But let’s go back to Alinsky if we can. These rules work both ways.
Obama has already screwed up the Rules for Radicals with Obamacare. They are WAY outside of their limited abilities. Consider the Obamacare mistake and Rule #2:
* RULE 2: “Never go outside the expertise of your people.” It results in confusion, fear and retreat. Feeling secure adds to the backbone of anyone. (Organizations under attack wonder why radicals don’t address the “real” issues. This is why. They avoid things with which they have no knowledge.)
Can anyone say Healthcare.Gov? The picture above shows the Spanish Language version of the Obamacare website. With two Asian women smiling on the front page. What a bunch of losers these Obamabots are!
With the amateurish performance of the site – which has been totally unusable – Obama has become a laughing stock.
So what to the opponents need to do? Well, PILE ON!!!!
* RULE 3: “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.” Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty. (This happens all the time. Watch how many organizations under attack are blind-sided by seemingly irrelevant arguments that they are then forced to address.)
Did you see White House Spokes – dip Carney today? The reporters piled on Rule 3 and the man child walked out on them. Probably in tears:
White House spokesman Jay Carney today abruptly walked out of the briefing room after struggling to answer questions related to Obamacare. As he walks out, frustrated reporters can be heard asking questions, including:
“Have White House officials watched anyone without insurance go through the website, trying to help the situation?”
“Couldn’t we have a [HHS] rep just come to the press briefing?”
Since the Oct. 1 launch of HealthCare.Gov, Carney has repeatedly ducked uncomfortable questions by referring reporters to HHS, where they are met with silence.
* RULE 4: “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.” If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules. (This is a serious rule. The besieged entity’s very credibility and reputation is at stake, because if activists catch it lying or not living up to its commitments, they can continue to chip away at the damage.)
* RULE 5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions. (Pretty crude, rude and mean, huh? They want to create anger and fear.)
“You may have noticed that all the Nigerian email scammers have become a lot less active lately,” Cruz joked, according to the Houston Chronicle. “They all have been hired to run the Obamacare website.”
- It was kind of a rough day today. A friend of mine was given six months by his doctor — not to live, to sign up for Obamacare.
- The president spoke today regarding the Obamacare website glitches. He said he’s bringing in “the best and the brightest” to solve the problem. Why didn’t he bring in the best and the brightest in the first place? See, this is typical Washington. They only bring in the best and the brightest as a last resort.
- The president said, “There’s no sugarcoating the problems with the healthcare website.” See, that’s a mistake. We’re Americans, we love sugarcoating. If you sugarcoat something, Americans will buy it. In fact, sugar is the reason we have Obamacare in the first place.
- Only in America can you be broke and get fatter. You know why? Because we sugarcoat everything.
- President Obama is urging Americans who are having trouble with the Obamacare website to sign up for healthcare by calling a 1-800 number. The number is 1-800-we-didn’t-think-this-through.
- Things got screwed up with the healthcare website. So you can wait for them to get the site fixed or you can enroll in medical school, graduate, and then just take care of yourself, which would probably be faster.
- You can also enroll over the phone. The call goes like this: “Hello and welcome to Healthcare.gov, the place where you can learn about signing up for affordable healthcare. Right now there are 8 million people ahead of you in line. Your estimated wait time is forever.”
- It would be ironic to die while waiting on hold for health insurance, right?
- The White House announced that it is bringing in the best and brightest tech experts to fix the glitches on the Obamacare website, which is a great plan. You know what would have been a better plan? Hiring the best and brightest tech experts to make the Obamacare website in the first place.
Gotta love the ridicule!
So what else can we have fun with?
Perhaps the Obamacare site for Native Americans?
Or perhaps a site for people who are too good for Obamacare, but force the rest of us into this disaster:
Or a logo depicting the wait at the Hospital for your next surgery:
Or Better Yet, a picture of those who think Obamacare is a good thing:
And if you are wondering how long we should keep up the ridicule on this failed program:
* RULE 6: “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.” They’ll keep doing it without urging and come back to do more. They’re doing their thing, and will even suggest better ones. (Radical activists, in this sense, are no different that any other human being. We all avoid “un-fun” activities, and but we revel at and enjoy the ones that work and bring results.)
Ok. I am still having serious fun with this!