Abortion Clinic Takes Down Deeds Signs

Public pressure has caused the abortion clinic to take down the Deeds signs. I drove by there around 2:00 PM today and all the signs are gone.

This was an exercise in poor judgment by an abortion clinic. These places are lightning rods for controversy and to put up a political sign is to ask for lightning. While their trade is as distasteful, providing mostly convenience abortions at $300 or $400 a pop, they would be wise to not ask for attention and beg for controversy.

Please stop the phone calls and horn honks. They have complied with the wishes of those offended by their “choice”, so to speak. I do think they acted stupidly.

Tom is a US Navy Veteran, owns an Insurance Agency and is currently an IT Manager for a Virginia Distributor. He has been published in American Thinker, currently writes for the Richmond Examiner as well as Virginia Right! Blog. Tom lives in Hanover County, Va and is involved in politics at every level and is a Recovering Republican who has finally had enough of the War on Conservatives in progress with the Leadership of the GOP on a National Level.

32 Responses to “Abortion Clinic Takes Down Deeds Signs”

1. Anoyn says:

The signs were STOLEN. Don't flatter yourself.

2. Anoyn says:

The signs were STOLEN. Don't flatter yourself.

No, they were taken down by the woman I spoke with.

No, they were taken down by the woman I spoke with.

5. Anoyn says:

You have that on tape? Because I work at the clinic and the signs were STOLEN. We even filed a police report.

6. Anoyn says:

Ok. Then are you planning to put them back up? Because it is a stupid idea, if what you say is true.

And, if you are planning to put the signs back up, let me know and I will be happy to pick up as many as you want and deliver them to you. And we can continue this.

But the thing is, I spoke with a friend and there were no calls logged at the clinic's address today, for any reason. Strange, that. Dispatch must have lost it, because I am sure you are telling the truth.

11. Clinic neighbor says:

Let me ask you this Mr. White, why do you get yourself all worked up now over a few political signs, and you turn a blind eye when your "right" side buddies stand outside the clinic with graphic pictures of bloody torn up babies. I think your impression of what is distasteful is severely skewed.

12. Clinic neighbor says:

I am not worked up over anything. I simply see an offensive and unnecessary political sign at an abortion clinic and ask that it be removed. I was alerted by numerous women who were offended. You obviously believe their feelings don't count because you disagree with them.

I find the pictures you are talking about offensive and distasteful and have never posted, nor will I ever post such pictures. I have never protested at an abortion clinic and hope I never feel the need.

What type of sick minded person are you to bring up such, anyway? This is about politicizing a procedure most Americans find offensive by a clinic that admits they are a lightning rod for controversy. Most Americans are pro life and favor more restrictions on abortions. http://www.gallup.com/poll/118399/more-americans-

You are in a minority and supporting a horrific practice.

There is something morally wrong about someone that attacks another person because they think killing unborn children is wrong. But anyone that pro-abortion has no morals.

Look at what you are doing. Defending killing of the innocent.

I will pray for you.

You are in a minority and supporting a horrific practice.

Look at what you are doing. Defending killing of the innocent.

I will pray for you.

And if they are just a "few signs", why do you care so much?

And if they are just a "few signs", why do you care so much?

17. Clinic neighbor says:

I never said I was supporting or defending anything, do not put words in my mouth. Im sure just as many women are offended by the protesters signs. I am offended everytime I see them while I wait for the bus. A political sign seems fairly benign to me. You are a bully who has to resort to name calling to get your point across, why can't we have an intelligent conversation. Why can't we support and help all women no matter what their views are. To quote you in another post, "you don't know me or my heart" I was just making a point that both sides are guilty of having offended women. And please don't pray for me I can do it myself.

18. Clinic neighbor says:

I'm sorry. I took "you turn a blind eye when your "right" side buddies stand outside the clinic with graphic pictures of bloody torn up babies. I think your impression of what is distasteful is severely skewed." as you supporting abortion.

I had women ask me for their support in correcting a wrong. This is a conservative blog. I am pro life. Sorry. Deal with it.

To quote from my mission statement, which you can read by clicking "about" in the bar above:

"Virginia Right! Blog is intended to present an unapologetic and conservative view of Richmond and surrounding areas, Virginia and important national and world events of interest to those with a right leaning morality, as if there were any other kind of morality."

So, given my goals for this blog, I am doing what I said I would do.

And as for supporting women, if you look at my postings, you will see a lot of time dedicated to interviewing and promoting the Conservative women running for office. I am also encouraging as many as I can to step forward and take leadership rolls and run for office. They are the backbone of the Republican party and it's time they stepped up to lead, which is what they have been doing, just out of sight.

If I offend someone with my pro life beliefs, I will not apologize. I consider myself an advocate for the unborn. Life begins at conception. And it is created by God.

But the whole point of this is not if abortion is right or wrong, but if an abortion has the right to offend people by politicizing it. That answer is no. Well, they have the right, but I have the right to apply pressure if I so desire.

That way, both parties are doing something to offend each other. We can either continue, or stop.

Now, if a grocery store CEO that speaks of better options to health care, and it offends their customers, should they ignore it? Whole Foods is now being boycotted.

If Glen Beck offends you, doesn't it make sense to turn him off? That is what I do with Olberman and Matthews. But the left boycotts advertisers. This is people that don't even listen or watch him.

Is that Bullying? Or a valid protest?

It is how it's done in America.

So, given my goals for this blog, I am doing what I said I would do.

Is that Bullying? Or a valid protest?

It is how it's done in America.

21. hopper says:

Gallop has a follow up to that poll:

The poll from May was a fluke, the "pro-life majority" is a myth. Only 18% said that abortion should be illegal.

22. hopper says:

Gallop has a follow up to that poll:

The poll in May showed 51% Pro Life and 42% Pro choice, the newer poll shows 47% Pro Life and 46% pro choice. A CBS/ NY Times Poll taken 6/09 says 21% believe all abortions should be illegal, and 41% favor stricter limits – That's 62% total. A FoxNews poll in May 09 says 49% pro life 43% pro choice. The unmistakable trend is towards Pro Life.

But the poll that counts is the Supreme Court and it is unlikely to overturn abortion no matter what public opinion may be. The new Justice Sotomayor replaces liberal Souter. Some say she is more conservative than Souter. Since Souter was appointed by Bush 1, and turned out to be a liberal, there is a chance Sotomayor may pull the court to the right a bit.

Justice Stevens in 89 and will likely retire before Obama's term ends. Stevens was appointed by Nixon and started as a conservative, but had become liberal.

Darth Vader Ginsburg has Pancreatic Cancer. She will retire befors Obama's term ends.

Breyer is 71 and will probably stay on. He is liberal.

I don't see any of the 4 conservatives retiring while a Democrat is in office.

Kennedy is the swing vote, but has a tendency to lean against the party in power for balance.

So Obama has one untested appointment. Is she as liberal as her predecessor? We will see.

He will get two more appointments in the next 3 years. Ginsberg is probably doing 1 more term. Ultra liberal. It will be hard to replace her with someone more liberal, or as liberal. She was an ACLU lawyer. This will swing more conservative, in all likelihood.

Stevens will leave during Obama's term. Pretty liberal. Again, may be hard to replace with some as equally liberal, so this may lean the court more to the right.

By 2012, Roe V. Wade may be overturned.

Of course, the mid term elections will likely see big Republican gains in the House, but more importantly in the Senate. The more senate seats won, the more conservative the SCOTUS nominees will have to be.

It is possible Obama will try to ram through 2 SC nominations in 2010 before mid terms. There will be pressure for both Stevens and Ginsberg to go.

Interesting year to come. But the stars are aligning for Abortion Clinics to be a thing of the past. Yes, back alley abortions will return, but did you know more women die in botched Abortion Clinic procedures each year than died from "back alley" abortions? The reason is that there were far fewer women getting abortions, of course. But shutting down abortion clinics will save Women's lives. And of course, the babies.

Breyer is 71 and will probably stay on. He is liberal.

I don't see any of the 4 conservatives retiring while a Democrat is in office.

By 2012, Roe V. Wade may be overturned.

25. hopper says:

abortion is seven times safer than child birth, including risk of death. Please site you source on all these "botched abortion deaths" you speak of.

26. amom4choice says:

Mr. White – A friend directed me to your site and the running dialogue about a campaign sign and subsequent debate about abortion. I need to tell you that I have driven past A Capital Women's Health Clinic many times and would not have known just by looking at it that it is an abortion clinic. They certainly don't have an advertisement for abortions out front, they don't have a drive thru window with a lit-up menu, they don't have someone out on the street handing out coupons, they don't even have a neon sign over the door. Yes, they do (or did & hopefully will again) have a campaign sign on their property, just like many other businesses do because that's one of our rights as citizens of the United States of America! I would have ended my comments there but you didn't so neither will I. Yes, I am pro life but I am also for legalized abortions. Mr. White have you ever talked to anyone that has had an abortion? I'm not talking about those women that use abortion as a "convenience" (no, I do not agree with that). I am talking about when a women's contraception has failed and having a child would be a detriment to her health or the well being of the children that she already has. What about the woman that was raped and became pregnant, if it was your mother, wife, sister or daughter in that situation would you take the option of terminating the pregnancy
    away from them? There are many reasons why abortion should REMAIN legal in this country, to many to discuss here but I do believe that until men can get pregnant and have to make the decisions that go along with it, I think it should be left up to the woman to decide. As for the people that work at abortion clinics… they're not doing it to get rich, they're not doing it because they're immoral, they're not even sick minded. They care about women and want to give them choices and they do that by being supportive and non-judgemental something you obviously know nothing about.

27. amom4choice says:

I can see by the fact that you call yourself amom4choice, claim to be pro-life and in favor of legalized abortions that you really have not thought this whole thing through.

Let me repeat myself. This was not about abortion.

If a Gun Shop put up a "Hokie Students for Guns" sign, obviously this would upset many people. I really don't care what people in favor of this sign think. The gun shop is wrong. There are many that believe if the students were armed, someone would have killed the attacker and saved lives. Others believe guns should be totally outlawed. The fact of the matter is, both have the right to their opinion. It is totally legal for the Gun Shop owner to put up a sign that tries to drum up business over a tragedy. But the Gun Shop owner is still wrong and should be taken to task for poor judgment.

An abortion clinic is a lightning rod for emotional controversy. I knew what went on there, and left them alone until they brought attention to themselves. I am sure you see my point about the gun shop owner. What the clinic did is exactly the same. Abortion is legal, and guns are legal. But there is a time and a place to advertise your product. Some places are highly offensive.

Can you honestly say it is OK with you to have that sign in a Gun Shop? I can't.

That is all this is, but the pro abortionists and those that profit by killing the unborn fiercely protect their trade.

But understand. If an abortion clinic or a gun shop stays low key, few people have problems. But when they put up signs that say "notice me", that is stupid. It is also a major security risk. Whoever made the decision to put those signs there ought to be fired. It was an ill advised move.

As I said before, I absolutely support their right to place those signs there. It is totally legal and they are totally within their rights to do so. I even offered to pick up more signs and deliver them to replace the "stolen" signs if they want to continue this.

However, I also am within my rights to protest, picket, and display my disapproval in a legal and non violent way. And I am fully prepared to do so, but would rather this whole thing just go away.

I am a strong gun rights advocate, but I can assure you I would apply as much pressure as possible to a gun shop that did the equivalent.

And as I said, almost all abortions are done for the convenience of the mother. Your examples are rubbish. It is still for the convenience of the mother. Rape pregnancies are rare. Less than 1%. However for there to be 1% that would mean 20% of all "completed" rapes resulted in pregnancy. Most likely it is around 500 per year. A lot of women lie about that, including "Roe".

And out of 1.4 million abortions performed each year, of course I know women that have had abortions. But 1.4 million abortions. How can anyone support that? The cavalier attitude and lack of respect for human life is shocking.

Can we know the thoughts of an aborted child? Would they have wanted to live? The answer to both questions is YES. Gianna Jessen was born as a result of a botched abortion. I have heard her speak and she is truly amazing. Watch this short video.

[youtube X-j9CDgRSt8

youtube]

And how about the children of rape or incest? Should all of them be aborted due the circumstances of their conception? Would these children even want to live? The answer is YES. Read the story of three of them.

People just like these are being killed every day. 1.4 million times a year.

There is NO justification.

People have to go to Russia, China and Africa to find babies. People wait years and spend tens of thousands of dollars for a child. Meanwhile, Mom wants to compete in a cross-country race and the pregnancy would disqualify her? Jog on over to the abortion clinic. Don't want to be pregnant in July and August, abort. Wanted to finish school? Abort it. Like to go clubbing and don't want to be tied down? Abort it. Need to save more money first? Abort it. These are the mental "health" reasons to have an abortion.

Now, if Mom or Baby could die, one or both, Mom should decide who dies. My own Mother picked her baby, my little sister, when faced with that decision. She now has 3 beautiful kids of her own, because my Mom told the doctors to go away. By the way, my Mom lived 36 years after being told it was her or her baby. And she got to know and love all 7 of her grandchildren.

My Mom and God made that decision. And it was a very tough one. I was only 10, but we talked about it in detail years later.

Let me repeat myself. This was not about abortion.

[youtube X-j9CDgRSt8

youtube]

People just like these are being killed every day. 1.4 million times a year.

There is NO justification.