Bob “The Tax Governor” McDonnell has earned the nickname of Governor McTax for his massive $6 Billion incursion into the wallets and bank accounts of Virginians. As Tim Kaine left office, he tossed out a $2 Billion tax hike budget that even Democrats refused to vote for. And in less than four years under Governor McTax’s leadership, we saw Democrats agree to a tax hike triple the Kaine taxes that they voted against. And even more astonishingly, 42 Republicans had their arms twisted by Governor McTax and joined the tax and spend Democrats supporting the tax hikes. And while they call this a “Transportation” bill, just over half of the hikes are slated for transportation, the rest is pork and government growth.
Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli is running for Governor and has proven he is a true Conservative over the last 3 1/2 years.
Cuccinelli did not support this tax hike.
But as the Attorney General of Virginia he is bound by the oath of office he took and the position of Attorney General to act as the state’s lawyer. That puts him in a delicate position that makes it pretty much impossible for him to call for the “repeal” of the job killing Tax-portation bill Governor McTax passed.
But that does not mean he can’t run on a lower taxes platform.
Of course Democrat Terry McAuliffe wants higher taxes. Nothing new there. And as the higher taxes start to undermine Virginia’s position as a jobs leader in the nation, the last thing we need is even more taxes.
Cuccinelli understands that we need to let people decide how to spend their money.
Here are proposals Cuccinelli advocates, and they are some great items that will fix the job killing effects of the McTax increase:
Specifically, the plan includes the following proposals:
– Reduce the individual income tax rate from 5.75 percent to 5 percent over four years;
– Establish a Small Business Tax Relief Commission (to be launched in December 2013) with the following strategic goals:
- Eliminate or reduce the harmful effects of the Business Professional Occupational License (BPOL) Tax, the Machine and Tool (M&T) Tax, and the Merchants Capital (MC) Tax, while maintaining local government revenue;
- Reduce the Personal Income Tax and the Corporate Income Tax;
- Identify and eliminate outdated exemptions and loopholes that promote crony capitalism;
– Ensure state government growth does not exceed inflation plus population growth;
– Reduce the corporate income tax from 6 percent to 4 percent
Cuccinelli unveiled his Economic Growth & Virginia Jobs Plan at SweetFrog Frozen Yogurt, a Richmond based frozen-yogurt shop established in 2009 and now franchised throughout the United States. SweetFrog makes community outreach and involvement a top priority.
The plan can be found online here.
I was fooled by Bob McDonnell. Many of us were. Politicians like McDonnell who pretend to be Conservative until you elect them and then put on their Progressive Tax and Spend persona’s are difficult to ferret out sometimes.
I believe Cuccinelli is the real deal and this tax rollback proves it.
We need to correct the impression that the Republican Party is no different than the Tax and Spend Democratic Party. McDonnell is one of the Pastel Politicians that Ronald Reagan warned us about.
Ken Cuccinelli has a bold vision and is the type of Conservative leader that McDonnell pretends to be.