Categorized | News, Satire and Humor

Deeds Endorses Cuccinelli In Attorney General Race!

“I am honored to announce the endorsements from 77 law enforcement officials, both Sheriff’s and Commonwealth Attorney’s, of my candidacy for Attorney General of Virginia,” Senator Cuccinelli said. “These individuals, all of whom have the trust of their communities, and many of whom are politically independent, are supporting me because they know that as Attorney General I will advance tough strategies for fighting gangs, drugs, and other crime.” He continued, “I am humbled by such widespread support among Virginia’s Sheriffs and Commonwealth Attorneys, in addition to the Fraternal Order of Police, which itself represents more than 8000 law enforcement officers and is the largest law enforcement organization in the Commonwealth.”

The endorsement by Williamsburg Sheriff Bob Deeds was amonh the 77 names. (You didn’t think it was Creigh Deeds did you. seriously?)

Here is the announcement:

Richmond, VA. — Senator Ken Cuccinelli (R-37) accepted the endorsement for Attorney General from 77 different elected law enforcement officials from across the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Standing in support of Senator Cuccinelli at today’s press conference were Sheriff Danny Diggs (York/Poquoson), Sheriff Bob Deeds (Williamsburg), Commonwealth’s Attorney Lisa Caruso (Dinwiddie), Commonwealth’s Attorney Tom Garrett (Louisa) and Commonwealth’s Attorney Billy Davenport (Chesterfield).

While unable to attend, Congressman Frank Wolf (R-VA), a recognized expert on gang problems in Virginia, stated, “I respect the work that Ken Cuccinelli has done on the Courts of Justice Committee to combat gangs here in Virginia. His legislation to pro-actively put a halt to gang recruitment and initiation has helped keep Virginia’s families and communities safer. As Attorney General, Ken Cuccinelli will continue to crack down on gangs and gang violence wherever it exists.”

Additionally, State Senator Ken Stolle, candidate for Sheriff in Virginia Beach, had this to say about Senator Cuccinelli, “For the past seven years, I’ve had the pleasure of serving with Ken Cuccinelli on the Senate Courts Committee. His commitment to law enforcement is unquestionable. With Ken Cuccinelli as our next Attorney General, the law enforcement community will have a tireless advocate at their side. It’s no wonder Ken has received the support of so many Sheriffs and Commonwealth Attorneys, all in addition to the Fraternal Order of Police.”

Commonwealth’s Attorneys enthusiastically joined Senator Cuccinelli’s campaign when=2 0he showed true leadership in the wake of the Melendez-Diaz decision by the Supreme Court this summer. Senator Cuccinelli quickly realized that drug offenders and drunk drivers could go unpunished due to this ruling and requested that Governor Kaine call a special session. Governor Kaine followed Senator Cuccinelli’s lead and on August 19th, the Virginia House and Senate convened in Richmond and passed much of the legislative fix to the Melendez problem that Senator Cuccinelli had proposed.

Commonwealth’s Attorney Billy Davenport (Chesterfield County) commented, “When justice was denied here in Virginia this summer, Ken Cuccinelli stepped up to the plate. His leadership in the wake of the Melendez decision should be commended. His ability to work across the aisle with Governor Kaine proves that he will make an effective Attorney General. He has my full support.”

Sheriff Danny Diggs (York/Poquoson) spoke on Senator Cuccinelli’s work as a State Senator and his leadership on issues relating to the law enforcement community. Sheriff Diggs commented “Sheriffs in Virginia could not ask for a better candidate than Ken Cuccinelli. I have known and respected Ken for a long time now and I completely trust him to tackle the tough issues Virginia faces like gangs and internet predators.”

Today Senator Cuccinelli also reiterated some of the highlights of the McDonnell/Cuccinelli Public Safety plan they unveiled on August 12th, including:

— Cracking down on a career drug dealers b y proposing tougher mandatory minimum sentences for repeat offenders;

— Requiring a form of intensive lifetime monitoring (such as GPS tracking) of violent sexual predators not eligible for civil commitment but who continue to pose a danger to society;

— Including ALL law enforcement in the capital-eligible victims list;

— Pushing for the statutory fix to the Moore v. Commonwealth case (from April of 2008), which would allow police officers greater flexibility in making an arrest in misdemeanor cases;

— Utilizing the multi-jurisdictional grand jury approach to gang prosecution that the Attorney General’s office has used with exceptional success with the Commonwealth’s Attorneys in the Shenandoah Valley. Ken wants to replicate that model in other parts of VA.

— Proposing that the penalty for a convicted sex offender who fails to register for Virginia’s Sex Offender Registry be elevated to a felony.

In conjunction with today’s Law Enforcement Coalition rollout and Senator Cuccinelli’s plans to keep Virginia safe, Senator Cuccinelli also announced the release of his first television ad to begin airing statewide on Tuesday. The ad can be viewed here.

Tom is a US Navy Veteran, owns an Insurance Agency and is currently an IT Manager for a Virginia Distributor. He has been published in American Thinker, currently writes for the Richmond Examiner as well as Virginia Right! Blog.

Tom lives in Hanover County, Va and is involved in politics at every level and is a Recovering Republican who has finally had enough of the War on Conservatives in progress with the Leadership of the GOP on a National Level.

12 Responses to “Deeds Endorses Cuccinelli In Attorney General Race!”

1. john says:

This kind of "confusion" is typical of cuccinelli and his followers. Cuccinelli doesnt want anyone to know who he is, (nutjob), not to mention he does not have the experience needed to run the states biggest lawfirm.

2. john says:

Humor? Understand the concept? There are a bunch of Conservative blogs that just put up the press releases. I sometimes get bored with that. The category of this post was news AND satire and humor.

Now, you call Cuccinelli a "nutjob" because he is a strong proponent of the 10th amendment and smaller government. He is also the only AG candidate that came down on the right side of Melendez-Diaz and had enough foresight to maintain neutrality in the Phil Hamilton issue.

As a result, Cuccinelli has earned the trust of the FOP and the Law Enforcement professionals mentioned above.

They watch Steve Shannon, the former gopher in a prosecutor's office, unsuccessfully attempt to politicize these issues. The aforementioned groups know BS when they see it.

4. john says:

Truly there is no more than [staple] talk of cooch and his alleged want for smaller government , coupled with the protection of our "endangered" constitutional rights. Crap coming from a legislator himself.There is absolutely no proof of cooch's desire for these staple issues. It is my opinion that cooch believes the voters ,especialy republicans, are just plain STUPID.I dont believe cooch has run his own "little" law firm properly, I dont believe this man can run the states largest lawfirm, no matter what he says.Truly, I dont know anyone that has endorsed cooch from the FOP.

5. john says:

Well, I have spent several hours talking to Ken, and I believe he truly gets it. He will be a great Attorney General and I suppose you will just have to watch and see.

The AG's office is not exactly like running a law firm. I really don't know or care how he runs his law firm. I only care about the issues he will face as AG.

Perhaps the difference is that you are not able to appreciate a legal mind that is also an engineer. I have listened to his plans to protect Virginians, and as a nuclear engineer myself, I was amazed at the lengths to which his thoughts and ideas carried through.

All I can say is people that share your opinion either don't know Ken, don't understand him, or are "Progressives" that believe in the Nanny state. Ken does not subscribe to the radical left wing nutjob positions.

Nor is he a right wing extremist. You really have a hard time classifying someone that was the only Republican to vote with 16 Democrats to sustain Kaine's veto of the Trigger-man repeal. That one bothered me, and Ken spent 30 minutes explaining that to me last May. I am satisfied with his answer.

My main concern with Ken is we will drop one more Senate seat, and be down two. It will be hard for Republicans to hold his seat. But I believe the positive force that he will bring to the AG's office will more than make up for the loss of a seat. And is is possible to hold the seat given Obama's unpopularity.

7. john says:

This man has his own little agenda that does not include all of Va. You are definately caught in his web, and I am sorry to here that . The Triggerman vote, voted politicly, this man knew in 2005 he was running for ag. I will pray for your soul.

8. john says:

Please share his agenda with me. I hear this accusation often, but never any details. As I said, I have spoken to him at length and examined his record.

Are you afraid of his Catholic and Christian views? Is that it?

Please enlighten me as to your knowledge of an agenda of which you are aware without talking to Cuccinelli. And I am not.

I have also spoken with Shannon, admittedly for only a few minutes. He was not willing to spend more than a couple of minutes. Ken will stand and talk to you one on one and discuss his plans and ideas.

Explain what you think you know that I don't.