Delegate OBannon Releases New Video Ad

In this video, Delegate O’Bannon clearly shows why he is the only choice for the 73rd District. As the only Doctor in the House, his expertise is desperately needed as the Federal Government attempts to take over your health care.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKTa-RaxKTc[/youtube]

Tom is a US Navy Veteran, owns an Insurance Agency and is currently an IT Manager for a Virginia Distributor. He has been published in American Thinker, currently writes for the Richmond Examiner as well as Virginia Right! Blog. Tom lives in Hanover County, Va and is involved in politics at every level and is a Recovering Republican who has finally had enough of the War on Conservatives in progress with the Leadership of the GOP on a National Level.

10 Responses to “Delegate OBannon Releases New Video Ad”

1. Who delivered McCain in the primary exactly long before picking Palin. Where was the support for Romney? Republicans picked McCain, not just moderates Tom. Fact is people are leaving the GOP,especially gen-xrs exactly because of YOUR politics.You would rather have a narrow minded focus than one with a foundation of fiscal conservativism. It is the social conservatives in the GOP sent to Washington who failed to reform Washington.
    If my support of Republcians makes me liberal than I would certainly love to hear you define yourself. I LIKE YOU addressed the Shields campaign in a positive light . I never endorsed him. I merely pointed out O'Bannon's shortcomings in reality versus what his campaign was trying to sell. Again, like you its from the cheap seats. "Supposed" GOP supporters….how much did Warner win Henrico by Tom? Not very many so-called social conservatives out there to support your boy Gilmore ugh?But hey, why let facts get in the way of truth and reality.

2. Who delivered McCain in the primary exactly long before picking Palin. Where was the support for Romney? Republicans picked McCain, not just moderates Tom. Fact is people are leaving the GOP,especially gen-xrs exactly because of YOUR politics.You would rather have a narrow minded focus than one with a foundation of fiscal conservativism. It is the social conservatives in the GOP sent to Washington who failed to reform Washington.

McCain was the nominee because the conservative votes were split between Huck and Mitt. People like you that think a liberal Republican can win are plain wrong.

Think of it this way, each party has a Liberal, Moderate and Conservative makeup. Forget, for the moment, the "ultra" category.

McCain is a Liberal Republican. The only people that are excited about him are the other Liberal Republicans. Obama ran as a Moderate Democrat. The press pushed this illusion. The Progressives knew he was one of them. He had the additional excitement of race. Anti Bush sentiment moved the Independent vote to Obama.

McCain excited only the Liberal Republicans. The rest of us went through the motions because he was the nominee. Palin added more enthusiasm to some on the moderate and conservative Republican end. In the end, a large portion of the conservative and moderate Republicans just did not vote. Those of us in the right and center of the party that did our duty and voted, convinced ourselves that Palin made it OK.

McCain has a long history of tax and spend, big government and he matched Obama dollar for dollar and program for program while trying to placate the REAL social and fiscal conservatives like myself. We were hoping he was lying about all the money he wanted to spend.

Make no mistake, McCain was preferable to Obama and those like me were actually voting more against Obama than for McCain.

An interesting parallel to the 2008 Presidential race is happening with the current Va. Gubernatorial contest. Terry Mac and Moran were both liberals. Deeds is a conservative. How many Democrats can say they received the NRA endorsement over a Republican in a state race (AG in 2005). Not many.

While this race is not over, the polls and Democrats all see a big loss on Nov. 3. Deeds, like McCain has failed to convince the center and liberal wing of his party that he is one of them. Because he is not. Same with McCain at the other end of the spectrum. Deeds will get the conservative Democrat vote, a few of the center and the votes on the far left against McDonnell. The same dynamics as the McCain election are evident here.

Bob McDonnell is on the conservative side of moderate. That is where Republicans need to be to win. Bob and I are pretty much aligned the same politically. Perhaps it is the generation. He is 5 months older than I am and we experienced a lot of the same world events.

Bush was a conservative Republican as was Reagan. Bush Sr. was more towards moderate, but still the winning formula, although I would buy an argument that Bush Sr. would have never won without Reagan.

So while people of your political persuasion – Liberal Republicans – are welcome workers, and many are dedicated workers even when a McDonnell or Bush are the nominees, your political position is NEVER going to win a state or national race.

And while you believe that people are leaving because of my position, and that may be true, because it is hard to hear that your philosophy will never win, more people on the Conservative end are leaving because of liberals like McCain (and you).

But the fact is, Obama is driving more to the Republican side and more people that used to sit things out and just vote for the "R" are knocking doors and making calls.

People come and go. I feel that we need more people that are to the right of me to remain in the party and make sure we stay away from Liberal Republicans. So, if we lose a few of you and gain a few more far right folks back in, the party is better off. Like I said, glad to have you come out and work, but you need to realize where we win.

And Gilmore was not my "boy". I voted against Warner, not for Gilmore.

Warner is another politician that the far left knows he has their backs, but he has a reputation as a moderate. Another example of what I am talking about.

Gilmore was all over the map on policy and would have never been Governor if he had not used the property tax stick. Great election ploy, and it worked. But the worst fiscal move in the history of the state.

Now, George Allen is my guy, for sure. He told me he may get back in the political ring. I will support him 100%.

And any so called Republican that lies and distorts O'Bannon's record the way you have is not a Republican in my book. You are a liberal in that you believe anything remotely connected to medicine is evil and only more government can save us.

Your views are proven to be a winning combination for Democrats. You need to give up on the belief that the party must moderate to win. We NEVER win when we dilute the Republican brand. That's a Democrat lie you have bought into hook, line and sinker.

And Gilmore was not my "boy". I voted against Warner, not for Gilmore.

5. J. Williams says:

Alter, it is evident that Mr. White votes "against" people more so than he supports people. All you have to do is read his post. His basic dogma is a thing of the past. He is a bigot on social issues. I would not dare say racist because I have not seen enough regarding his position on civil rights issues other than his bigoted position against gays and latinos in our society.
    Tom White challenged Shields religious views and ridicued his Catholic upbringing and yet I though O'Bannon was a Catholic as well. Alter, Tom is a partisan hack. I recommended in an email you stop driving traffic to Virginia Right for the basic reason that he gives all of us real Republicans a bad name. The reason why the Henrico Republican Committee has been diminished and become ineffective is it has been hijacked by ultra neocons like Tom who seek to divide people along racial, sexual and class groups. He has no answers for Kaine, Warner, Webb and Obama winning Henrico other than blame others. Can you say cracked mirror? If Alter is a "liberal" Tom, than that must make you pretty much a socialist of the worst order.

6. J. Williams says:

Sorry, Williams. You are completely off base. If you are writing about my Shields post about his LGBT comments, you should read it again. If you do, you will see that I did not mention Lesbians and Gays, but started with the B's and the T's. I have a number of gay and lesbian friends and relatives while I do not support same sex marriage, have no issues with them. We may differ on politics, and don't normally discuss it. And we each leave our bedroom adventures in the bedroom.

And I have no idea where you would come off thinking I have anything against Latino's. Perhaps you might want to ask my good friends Tito "The Builder" Munoz and his wife Debbie about that. I did not see you at the Hispanic Coalition gathering at Mi Hacienda last Saturday on Midlothian Pike. And perhaps you are not aware of the battered woman that my wife and I have helped obtain green cards because their "boy friends" enslaved them and threatened to have them deported WITHOUT their kids. Or the African-American woman and her two small kids that lived with us for over 6 months until they could get on their feet. You are absolutely wrong and have no base for such absurd accusations.

As I told you before, Shields demanded O'Bannon (who is Baptist, as am I) repudiate Bob McDonnell's Catholic beliefs. Shields is also Catholic. What a disingenuous person you are to think that Shields can say whatever he wants and get away with it.

And if you look at any of my posts concerning Shields, visit Shields website and look at the press release or the emails he sent out a day or so earlier and you will generally find that my posts are a response to his BS.

I am right smack in the center of the Republican party. I know that because I have Liberal idiots like you calling me a neoconservative and far right loonies saying I am too liberal and aligned with liberals like McCain.

And I have already given you an answer for Kaine, Warner, Webb and Obama winning Henrico. First and foremost, the Demographics are turning more to the left. Second, Bush turned away from the conservative roots he started with and became a liberal like you.

Honestly, I really can't see why you would even call yourself a Republican. You are left of most moderate Democrats. I suppose your intent is to bring the party down.

We always lose when we fail to run a good, Conservative candidate.

In most ways, I think people with your mind set are far more detrimental to the Republican party than helpful. You want to see a Neocon? Go visit John Dixon http://hanoverconservativecaucus.blogspot.com/ and spout some of your liberal crap over there and tell him you are a Republican. He thinks I am a sell out to the party liberals.

8. J. Williams says:

If you were indeed in the "center" of the Party, I think you may be one who supported Warner and not Gilmore. W. earned significant support from the middle/moderate Republicans, but you did not.Those that did are"defectors" right? You continue to imply we are liberals and then list a bunch of things that would qualify yourself as fairly moderate conservative.Its no wonder you are getting hammered. You seem to be twisted by exactly what really defines a "conservative". Its not the social issues. If you support comprehensive immigration reform than your right wing friends may very well call you a moderate or better yet a "liberal" right? It is tiresome to keep reading accusations of "bringing the Party down" as if if you and your ilk own the GOP. You don't. Your staunch right wing social conservatives have all lost in the last decade of statewide elections. Obviously, Kilgore and Gilmore in your view are more conservative than McCain and they lost as well Tom. BTW Bob has been running his campaign more McCainesque than Kilgoresque….wonder why?

9. J. Williams says: