I have been wiping tears from my eyes and swallowing the lumps in my throat as I watch the tragic news coverage of the Newton, Connecticut killings.
Incidences such as these are made all the more horrific when the victims are our children. Innocent promise extinguished before they had a chance. And the thoughts of the emotional horror that the survivors must now deal with is enough to make us cry out in anguish.
And of course we must do what we can do to prevent this from happening again. And again.
Death threats against the NRA are not going to help. As is the liberal pattern, they immediately begin blaming the right and guns. The left wing mantra “Never waste a good tragedy” ghoulishly uses these deaths to further their anti-gun agenda in a cold-hearted and calloused, yet predictable manner. While some of those calling for rounding up and confiscating every gun in America are misguidedly well-intentioned and naive, the majority are simply political hacks looking to shamelessly exploit these murders during a time of high emotion when people are most prone to knee-jerk reactions and outright manipulation.
Those calling for more “gun control” are exploiting this tragedy and are every bit as evil as the one who pulled the trigger.
But the measures in place in Connecticut, the state with the 4th toughest gun laws in the nation, actually worked. The killer tried to buy a gun, according to reports, but was denied. The killer then killed his own mother and took her guns.
Blaming guns for this is as valid as blaming the saws and knives that Nazi Josef Mengele used to dissect the living (vivisection) Jewish prisoners at Auschwitz.
The blame lies fully and completely with the sick mind that acted out this horror, Adam Lanza just as it does with Josef Mengele. The implements of death were mere tools in the hands of sick minds.
And it’s not like we had no idea with Lanza.
Not too many years ago, Adam Lanza would most likely have spent a lot of time in a mental institution, warehoused with others sharing his disconnected reality.
Liberal do-gooders found this horrible and insisted that we let these people out. Many have simply moved to the streets and self-medicate their problems to the grave.
One of the most disturbing trends is to put the children in the same classes with the “advanced” kids and pretend there is nothing wrong. One of my kids had one such student in their class in High School. Schools fear lawsuits if the “special” children are placed in what we used to call “special education” classes. Parents and teachers want to wish away the problems of the child and hope putting the disturbed kids, who are usually very disruptive, in regular classes will resolve the problem.
At one point it became so bad I was thinking of filing a lawsuit to force the school to stop cheating my child and the entire class out of their education because of one individual.
Until we stop pretending everything is normal with kids with serious issues, we are always going to have these types of violent incidents.
Our nation just spent almost a year with Barack Obama and the Democrats basing an entire campaign on a woman’s “right” to kill her unborn child. When a society allows and advocates such frequent killing, should we expect an irrational person to understand that there is some sort of line between killing children born or unborn?
And for those liberals horrified by the killings in Newtown, perhaps you can begin to understand a glimpse of what those of us who see no difference between killing children at any age go through with abortions happening every day.
And as the government works to purge God from our nation, the line between right and wrong, moral and immoral is blurred even for the most rational among us. How are those with several mental issues supposed to understand?
It is inevitable that a secular, liberal society without God and without a sense of right and wrong will experience a breakdown of order. And with life so cheapened, more and more of these incidences will happen far more frequently.
Whichever of the recent tragedies we look at, be it the movie theater in Colorado, the shooting of Congressman Giffords (and others), the Virginia Tech shootings, they all have one thing in common. The killer was mentally disturbed. And they were well known to be disturbed.
This is the price we pay for political correctness. If we bury the mental problems, they will surely bury us. This is diversity run amok.
The Los Angeles Times has put together some frightening data that happened in the past few days:
- On Sunday, Los Angeles police arrested 24-year-old Kyle Bangayan at his parents’ house in East Hollywood. Bangayan had posted a Facebook message in which he threatened to shoot children at several elementary schools. Police found nine guns in the home.
- Also Sunday, far from the tough streets of L.A. in the rural town of Sedro-Wooley, Wash., police arrested 19-year-old Korry Martinson. After praising the Newtown shooter and blaming the government for incidents of mass slaughter, Martinson wrote on his Facebook page, “If this causes our gun laws to be taken away, to the point as to where I cannot own a gun, I will personally get my sawed off double barreled shotgun and my AK-47 and go shoot up every school within a 100 mile radius of my current location.”
- Police in Cedar Lake, Ind., collected 47 guns at the home of a 60-year-old man, Von Meyer, who they say had threatened to kill his wife and shoot up the elementary school located just 1,000 feet from his home.
- Also on Friday in Enid, Okla., police investigated threats of a shooting at an upcoming assembly at the local high school.
- In Bartlesville, Okla., police arrested 18-year-old Sammy Chavez for trying to enlist his friends in a plot to lure students into the school auditorium and shoot them.
- In Birmingham, Ala., on Saturday, a man walked into a hospital and started shooting. A police officer and two hospital workers were wounded before police killed the gunman.
- Then, on Sunday, 19-year-old Shawn Lenz of Columbia, Tenn., posted this message on Facebook: “feel like goin on a rampage, kinda like the school shooting were that one guy killed some teachers and a bunch of students :D”. When Maury County police arrested Lenz, they found a shotgun, shotgun shells, a rifle and a machete in his possession. On his Facebook page, 19 people have “liked” his comment and 831 others have left comments of their own, most in the aftermath of his arrest. Lenz’s Facebook posts give the sense he is not a likely murderer, just an unthinking kid talking trash.
- It is a little harder to figure out what Marcos Gurrola, a 42-year-old Garden Grove man, had in mind on Saturday when police say he went to the Fashion Island shopping mall in Newport Beach and shot off more than 50 rounds in the parking lot. Christmas shoppers panicked, stores were locked down and bike patrol officers took Gurrola into custody.
There are crazy people among us and the government and liberal want to go on a gun grab. How hard is it to see we need to look in another direction to solve this problem when most of these killings happened in places where guns are prohibited? It is obvious to everyone that tougher gun laws are not going to solve this.
These shootings never happen at a gun show. There is a reason for that. Killers go to places that our laws have made safe havens for their killing fields. There is no need to fear an armed citizen in a school. And if you are hell bent on ending your own life anyway, you are not subject to the laws. They are only relevant to those who will be around to face prosecution.
The liberals created this. Not guns.
This is the fruits of liberal love for the mentally ill.
Me, I’m packing a 9mm wherever I go. And judging by the swell of new gun purchases in Newtown, CT, they will be too from now on.
But there is one area where our gun laws do need to be toughened. We really need to stop the Obama Administration from sending more guns into Mexico in operation “Fast and Furious”. More Mexican children have been killed by those guns than American kids by legally owned guns.