Has Deeds Manager Joe Abbey Gone Over The Edge? I Am Worried About Him.

Is the pressure getting to Joe Abbey?

Is the pressure getting to Joe Abbey?

This morning, I got an email from the Bob McDonnell campaign showcasing Bob’s new ad. A few minutes ago, I got an email from Joe Abbey, Democratic nominee for Governor Creigh Deeds. I have been traveling today and had not yet had time to view Bob’s ad. Abbey’s email reminded me I still needed to view it. After reading the Abbey’s email, I was a bit surprised that Bob McDonnell would put out such a tough ad, especially with a double digit lead in the polls.

Here is what Joe Abbey wrote:

Dear Tom,

We just learned about the TV ads Bob McDonnell and his Republican buddies are airing — they’re false, deceitful, and bogus.

We expected Bob to run ads diverting attention from his support of George Bush’s economic policies and the extreme ideological agenda he plans to bring to the governor’s office. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg. These people are launching malicious attacks on Creigh Deeds that are coming to a TV near you.

We urgently need your help so that we can fight back right away. Bob McDonnell already had a massive cash on-hand advantage. Now that his pals are joining the fray, we are facing a coordinated, multi-front assault aimed at tearing down Creigh and spreading false information across the Commonwealth. You are the only thing standing in their way.

I had to see this ad ripping Deeds so badly and unfairly.

Imagine my shock when I viewed Bob’s ad. All I can say is Abbey and Deeds are either desperate, or having a really bad day. This is one of the most uplifting ads I have seen.

Sadly, there is more to the email from Joe. I believe Joe Abbey clearly needs a vacation. I hear Martha’s Vineyard is nice this time of year.

Going negative is clear evidence that Bob McDonnell and his friends are running scared and will do absolutely anything to change the subject from Bob’s horrendous record in the legislature.

But if their solution is to criticize Creigh Deeds for supporting salary increases for teachers, they have sorely misjudged the people of Virginia. A world-class educational system is vital to creating good jobs and, as Creigh says, we cannot expect excellence in education if we’re not even willing to raise teacher salaries to the national average.

If the folks attacking Creigh are really worried about runaway spending, they should direct their outrage toward the guy who said he’d govern just like George Bush. Bob McDonnell said that Bush created an “economic revival in America,” even though his economic policies doubled the national debt and resulted in nearly 300,000 Virginians out of work.

With your help, we can fight back against these desperate attacks and communicate Creigh’s vision directly to the voters.

Tom is a US Navy Veteran, owns an Insurance Agency and is currently an IT Manager for a Virginia Distributor. He has been published in American Thinker, currently writes for the Richmond Examiner as well as Virginia Right! Blog.

Tom lives in Hanover County, Va and is involved in politics at every level and is a Recovering Republican who has finally had enough of the War on Conservatives in progress with the Leadership of the GOP on a National Level.

6 Responses to “Has Deeds Manager Joe Abbey Gone Over The Edge? I Am Worried About Him.”

1. Bigvinu says:

Is it just me or did the words "Creigh" or "Deeds" or "Creigh Deeds" not come up a single time in the ad? Going negative generally means attacking someone.

2. Bigvinu says:

I know. I really don't know what Joe is talking about. There was not one negative thing in the new McDonnell ad at all negative to Mr. Deeds. The only thing I could come up with, is that perhaps because Bob McDonnell failed to take the blame for 8 years of Bush.

My conclusion is Joe Abbey is having a bad day.

My conclusion is Joe Abbey is having a bad day.

5. Joe says:

Joe Abbey is a person that over the years has stabbed numerous people in politics in the back while bouncing from state to state. I am enjoying watching him get a taste of his own medicine. Hey Joe I guess dressing nice and having some political consultant friends to find you work only goes so far. A little bit of substance and intelligence goes a long way.

6. Joe says: