Is Islam a religion or an ideology? Does it really matter what the opinion of a non-Muslim is? It should be a concern to non- Muslims and peaceful Muslims that millions of Muslims worldwide believe Islam is an military, economic, and political ideology and not a religion. Most agree Islam in itself practiced as a religion can lead to violence, but as an ideology it is a terminal disease that once spread is hard to destroy. Once the ideology (cancer) takes hold it is like trying to remove millions of cancerous cells in one’s body. Not impossible to remove, but very, very unlikely. This description was provided to me by a dear friend, Tawfik Hamid, former Jama’at Islami/JI member. (www.tawfikhamid.com)
‘Islam is Not a Religion’ are the words of Syed Abul A’la Maududi (founder of Jama’at Islami/JI). The numerous works of Maududi are studied worldwide. One of his more popular books is provided to worshippers by their Sunni Imams here in America. The book is, “Jihad in Islam”. It is a mere 32 pages, but 32 pages many Islamic scholars want Muslims to review. The book stresses to the Muslim people that Islam is about changing the world to one united Islamic Nation under Sharia Law. Maududi in no uncertain terms tells his followers the world means every country, and is not limited to a few select countries in the Middle East. This means our great homeland is targeted by this ideology and the cancer cells (Sunni Islamic scholars and Islamic organizations such as CAIR) are spreading the cancer.
The following are statements made by Maududi:
1. “But the truth is that Islam is not the name of a Religion, nor is Muslim the title of a Nation. In reality Islam is a revolutionary ideology and programme which seeks to alter the social order of the whole world and rebuild it in conformity with its own tenets and ideals. Muslim is the title of that International Revolutionary Party organized by Islam to carry into effect its revolutionary programme. And Jihad refers to that revolutionary struggle and utmost exertion which the Islamic Party brings into play to achieve this objective”.
2. “Islam wishes to destroy all States and Governments anywhere on the face of the earth which are opposed to the ideology and programme of Islam regardless of the country or the Nation which rules it”.
3. “The purpose of Islam is to set up a State on the basis of its own ideology and programme, regardless of which Nation assumes the role of the standard bearer of Islam or the rule of which nation is undermined in the process of the establishment of an ideological Islamic State.
4. “Islam requires the earth—not just a portion, but the whole planet”.
5. “Islam wishes to press into service all forces which can bring about a revolution and a composite term for the use of all these forces in Jihad. To change the outlook of the people and initiate a mental revolution among them through speech or writing in the form of Jihad. To alter the old tyrannical social system and establish a new just order of life by the power of sword is also Jihad and to expend goods and exert physically for this cause is Jihad too”.
6. “The objective of the Islamic Jihad is to eliminate the rule of an un-Islamic system and establish in its stead an Islamic system of State rule. Islam does not intend to confine this revolution to a single state or a few countries; the aim of Islam is to bring about a universal revolution”.
7. “Although in the initial stages it is incumbent upon members of the party of Islam to carry out a revolution in the State System of the countries to which they belong, but their ultimate objective is no other than to effect a world revolution”.
Readers can and should review “Jihad in Islam” by Maududi and his other works which are readily available at most Sunni mosques and/or their local Islamic bookstores. This particular book can be obtained for $1.00 at Halalco Books, Falls Church, VA. One can also order the book from its Pakistani publisher, Islamic Publications, 6 – Court Street, Lower Mall, Lahore, Pakistan (www.islamicpk.com.pk).
“We are not only providing Islamic Literature in the Sub-Continent but also to the whole world. The Gulf region, Malaysia, Indonesia, Japan, Turkey, Korea, Iran, Germany, France, Spain, England, USA, and many other countries are very regular importer of our books. The books published by us have been translated in the prominent languages of the World e.g. English, Arabic, Hindi, Bengla, Pashto and some African Languages. The books published by us are being taught in the Schools, Colleges and Universities as syllabus in many countries of the world”. (Islamic Publications, Lahore, Pakistan)
In order to fully understand Islam as defined by Maududi, one can study, study, and study, but it is much easier to take seriously the violent statements and actions of the Islamic terror groups active throughout the world today (to include our beloved America). Most study Maududi themselves.
The question our political czars and Emir (Leader/Prince) Obama should ponder is this: If Islamic scholars state Islam is more of a political, economic, and military ideology above even religion, then should our government not agree and cancel all of their non profit tax status? Should we not remove the thousands of religious visa given to Muslim leaders? Should we not be taking the words Jihad and Islamic terrorism seriously?