Latest Deeds Abortion Clinic Update

I just phoned the Abortion Clinic and asked the receptionist (who refused to give her name) if they placed the signs on their property. I was told they had placed them there. I asked to speak to the person responsible, and after a couple of minutes on hold, was asked for my number and promised a call back.
AbortionDeedsI informed her of the blog post and asked that she pass along the message that the signs are upsetting a lot of people and asked if they would consider taking the signs down. And if they do, to let me know immediately and I will update my post.

The Deeds campaign has also been notified by one of the women that are upset with this exploitation by Deeds. (And yes, since the campaign has been notified, they are now involved.)

We shall see if I get a call back.

Please keep calling.

Call:

Local: 804-754-1928
Toll Free: 1-800-254-4479

Tom is a US Navy Veteran, owns an Insurance Agency and is currently an IT Manager for a Virginia Distributor. He has been published in American Thinker, currently writes for the Richmond Examiner as well as Virginia Right! Blog.

Tom lives in Hanover County, Va and is involved in politics at every level and is a Recovering Republican who has finally had enough of the War on Conservatives in progress with the Leadership of the GOP on a National Level.

12 Responses to “Latest Deeds Abortion Clinic Update”

1. Tania says:

Since you were accused on your blog last night of misleading your readers by posting bad photographs or posting a conservative set-up, are those people now willing to apologize given the abortion clinic has confirmed that they did, indeed, put the signs on their property and that they arent on the grounds of Toys R Us or on the median strip?

2. Tania says:

Perhaps a better question is, are all those who made those comments now ready to condemn the clinic for the signs? By attempting to claim the signs were not on the Clinic property, or placed there by the clinic, by default they admit if they were, it is horrible.

And they were placed by the clinic. They are free to call them. I did.

4. hopper says:

Of course clinic workers do not provide their names over the phone. Organizations such as VARight! incite harassment and violence, that threaten worker's personal safety. However, clinic workers freely give their names, faces and LIVES to the patients they serve. The only people concerned with hiding their identities at abortion clinics are the right wing conservatives like yourself. Hypocrisy blooms in the face of reality.

Did you now that about 50% of women in America have had an abortion? Odds are you know one of them. Did you interfere in their personal buisness when they were exercising their legal right to choose?

Why are you wasting time and energy on this, when you could be helping one of the THOUSANDS of homeless/parent less/abused children living in our own state?

5. hopper says:

Well, Gee Hopper. Where to start. Perhaps you failed to read my repeated calls to not harass, be violent, disrespectful. Not to trespass or intimidate. I clearly stated this is about the signs and NOT about abortions. I really don't know how much clearer I could be. I called asking for a name to place in the update. Something commonly done when writing a story. She has a right to decline, and I have an obligation to report that.

As for hiding my identity, you are wrong again. I gave the lady my blog name, my name and my cell phone number and I am still waiting for a call back.

And you misunderstand what is going on here. THIS IS NOT ABOUT ABORTION. It is about an abortion clinic exploiting women to increase business by politicizing this. This was brought to my attention by WOMEN who were offended and disgusted by this.

I have CLEARLY stated this is not about abortion. Did you attack me without reading that, or in spite of reading it.

I don't consider this a waste of time. The clinic has crossed the line. It is offensive to MANY people. And for your information, my wife and I have a young, homeless, African-American woman and her 6 month old child and 2 year old living with us. Free. And her 6 year old visits for a week here and there. She needed a place to stay last February for 2 nights and is still there. She is a Christian and Pro-Life, but is a Democrat. Our kids are grown and I can tell you, it's not easy having babies in the house at our age, but it is the right thing to do. And we have grown to love the babies, and I hope bring some stability to their lives for as long as they are here. Their Mom is taking classes online and is trying to provide for her kids. And she will.

How's that for you? Perhaps if she had just sliced and diced them instead of having them she could get a job and have her own place. As difficult as it is at times, I am glad she had those precious kids.

8. hopper says:

1. This is CLEARLY about ABORTION. Otherwise why would you be upset about a buisness putting up signs for Deeds? Oh, that's right, because they provide abortions. Does it bother you when gun shops promote candidates they favor? Or oil companies? Or any other buisness that may have their own political interests? Apparently not, because I don't see you inciting people to call and complain to any other buisness for supporting their candidate of choice.

2. I was not referring to you hiding your identity. I was referring to conservative women who are vehemently "pro-life" until they themselves choose to have an abortion. I love those types. Using their power and self righteousness to limit the way other women live their lives, and their privileged to exercise the very rights they seek to limit for others.

3. The only one exploiting women here is you. The clinic made a public endorsement of the candidate they favor- a perfectly normal, legal and reasonable thing to do. You, on the other hand, are insinuating that somehow supporting a candidate, "will increase buisness". Are you crazy, or just incredibly stupid? I would love for you to explain the logic you used to come up with that one.

4. You claim not to incite violence. You need a reality check. You provide the name, location and telephone number of an abortion clinic on a public website and encourage people to call, honk, etc. You have no idea how that information will be interpreted. Because of the political climate the far right has created it is not safe for clinic workers ANYWHERE- not even church.

5. "And for your information, my wife and I have a young, homeless, African-American woman and her 6 month old child and 2 year old living with us." While I think it is commendable that you provide such charity, why did you have to specify that she was, "African-American"? Oh, that's right, white people are going to save the world- one inner city kid at a time. Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy to use your power and privilege when it reinforces the patriarchal hegemony doesn't it?

6. As far as your house guest, I'm glad that she is happy with her children and lucky enough to find help. Her life is a culmination of choices and she has the right to make them- I don't want to take that away from anyone. Not everyone would feel the same in her situation, and I trust individuals and their judgment to do what's best for them.

7. "You don't know me and you don't know my heart. Yet you attack and accuse me of inciting harassment and violence, that threaten worker's personal safety, when clearly the opposite is true." The opposite would be you, at the clinic, offering to protect clinic workers. When you do that, you might have some credibility in my book.

9. hopper says:

Hopper, this is about a lightning rod attracting attention. This is worse than anything Catherine Crabill has said. It would be about as stupid as a Virginia Tech Pro Gun sign at a gun shop.

While you see some women as vehemently pro-life, I see you as vehemently pro-abortion. Not pro-choice. Anyone that was pro-choice would, or should, find abortion distasteful. Especially given the fact that the overwhelming majority of abortions are for the convenience of the mother. That is sad.

As to the logic I used, an abortion clinic supports a pro choice politician. Why else? If it were for the pro business policies, they would support Bob McDonnell, he was endorsed yesterday by the NFIB. They support Bob because they want to make money. Politics is about two things. Power and money. Abortion clinics want to make sure their business blooms.

I think it is safe for clinic workers everywhere. Even church. One of the offended ladies works at MCV. Now, if you really mean it is not safe for people who perform abortions, well, you just made a great case on why they should not put up signs asking for people to notice them. Perhaps you get it after all. And how much sense would it make to say some abortion clinic somewhere has Deeds signs up? Duh? People need to call and let them know they are offending them.

As for the race of my guest, you have obviously pegged me as some gun toting redneck that advocates abortion clinic violence and is a member of the KKK. Her race is important to provide you with a better point of reference. I would feel the same no matter the race.

I am not going to protect clinic workers. Anyone that wants to work in a place where babies lives are ended for the convenience of a mother is walking into a potential hazard zone. They choose to work in a profession where there are, and have been, violent encounters with crazy people. They know the deal. They kill babies, for crying out loud. Is that supposed to be OK with anybody?

See, what I find is the most fanatical zealots on abortion are either women past child bearing age, men that want to get drunk and have a good time and not pay for a kid for 18 years, those making money on abortions and bitter women who have had abortions and want to have more company for the mistake they regret.

Women of child bearing age are subjected to people like you and somehow think killing their child is an option. Nice service you perform.

How many of these poor girls you prey on for money or political advocacy spend the rest of their lives in a depression for ending their child's life.

And who speaks for the rights of the unborn child?