Many School Systems Will Be Closed For The Obama Speech

What a group of whiz kids Obama has working for him. It turns out, many of the schools are not going to be showing the Obama Edumercial scheduled for next week because of the content.

Now, according to a report just published by the Washington Examiner, a lot of major school systems were not even scheduled to be open at all that day.

Among them:

• Los Angeles Public Schools
  • New York Public Schools
  • Boston Public Schools
  • Seattle
  • Buffalo
  • Eugene, Oregon

It seems the idiots running the White House can’t get anything right.

Tom is a US Navy Veteran, owns an Insurance Agency and is currently an IT Manager for a Virginia Distributor. He has been published in American Thinker, currently writes for the Richmond Examiner as well as Virginia Right! Blog.Tom lives in Hanover County, Va and is involved in politics at every level and is a Recovering Republican who has finally had enough of the War on Conservatives in progress with the Leadership of the GOP on a National Level.

119 Responses to “Many School Systems Will Be Closed For The Obama Speech”

1. Joe plammer says:

ooooo

2. Joe plammer says:

ooooo

3. james says:

Did Prez Raygun Bushs and many others speak to the kidz. Why is this so wrong. One thing I dunt get. How can each and every thing a person does and/or says be WRONG? I dunt agree with much of the Obama stuff but I as a rational fair person can not and will not condemn everything anyone does on a wholesale bases. It has been said if Obama

4. james says:

I think it is a trust issue. Obama ran as a moderate, the Mainstream Media refused to look into his politics and his past, and people are just now finding out he is not moderate at all. He is a Socialist. And he has lost the trust of a great many people. Has nothing to do with past presidents.

6. C. Wilson says:

Idiots? I don't think that anyone that encourages our youth to stay in school should be classified as an idiot. I don't think any of the people in the White House are idiots. They didn't get where they are by being idiots. I don't agree with everything they do, either. Lets see… POTUS wants to reach out to the children of America to encourage them to stay in school. Lots of people don't like it. Hmm. I think there are bigger issues out there to tackle.

7. C. Wilson says:

8. Flappy Jay says:

Right, and those on the left say that he ran as a progressive and now it turns out he is really a moderate. Town-hallers are saying he's a socialist, a facist, a communist, and a nazi. The point is that it DOES have to do with past PRECIDENTS, not presidents. The president (any president) giving a speech to tell kids to stay in school and take their studies seriously are good things, and would be recognized as such if you didn't already hate the current president.

9. Flappy Jay says:

Umm. Just for clarity, they are IDIOTS because they picked a day when many of the largest school systems in the country were CLOSED. I think that qualifies them as idiots.

As for larger issues, apparently not. I have been getting about 100 reads per hour on this post. That's above average on my blog. Not as popular as the AARP replacement ASA, but fairly popular.

Where did you read the text of his speech? I understand it will not be available until Monday, Labor Day. I have read the 2 documents with lessons for before and after the speech. "What are the 3 most important words". have the children color posters and signs. Is there precedent for that? I say that is way too close to indoctrination for my tastes. For ANY president.

12. K. Brown says:

I think we are heading into the Hitler youth group. America better wake up before it is too late.

13. K. Brown says:

14. g. Mad says:

I talked to my kids teacher today and told them if they were going to watch Mr Obama's speech to let me know so that I can keep my kids home from school. I don't need him to tell my kids "ANYTHING", that is my job to tell my kids how important shcool is. Do you really think his speech will make a different, "Hell to the "NO". I DON'T trust Mr Obama one bit and feel he is now trying to work on our kids. He is slowly putting one foot in the door and for me I am closing that door ASAP! My kids look up to me and my husband trust me NOT to Mr Obama.

15. g. Mad says:

16. John Q Citizen says:

I remember George Bush running as a conservative and it turned out he was a Banana Republic Dictator wanna be and closet neo-Nazi. And there is certainly no denying that he was a first class idiot.

17. John Q Citizen says:

18. John Q. Citizen says:

g. Mad,
    School is very important. That's where they'dve lerned ya that school is not spelled shcool.

19. John Q. Citizen says:

g. Mad,

20. John Q. Citizen says:

We did. that's why we send Bush and his brown shirts packing and decisively elected President Obama. Hopefully the damage Dick and George did is not beyond repair

21. John Q. Citizen says:

And he has retained the trust of many many many more who don't lament the end of the Dick and George era of push towards a police state and dictatorship. You would do well to heed the advice he will give to my students and many others and study. You in particular should study the history of Germany in the 1930's you could see the numerous close parallels between what happened then and that Dick & Co. were working on for the last eight years.
    In contrast to the emerging nazi ish regime of the neo cons, even conservative Democrats look socialist.
    You and your ilk can rant and rave but the vast majority of Americans have had their fill of your crap and gratefully embrace a government that represents 'We the People" for a change.

22. ppage50 says:

I'm a teacher and I have a problem with exposing my students to anything I have not previewed. I'm the one that has to answer to the principal and the parents. I don't want to have to field questions about information I haven't had an opportunity to look over first. I should have to opportunity to preview the speech and prepare lessons around it: overview introducing it, watch it –perhaps interactively, discussion questions, maybe an activity, and closure. If you can't give me that, then I don't want any part of it. I don't care if it's Obama, Bush or whoever.

23. ppage50 says:

24. g. Mad says:

Kiss my Ass John Q. You know it was an mistake!!!!!!!

25. Mary says:

the speech will be on line on Monday so you can review it before it's presented to your kids.

26. g. Mad says:

by the way you this is the correct spelling for "LEARNED" not "Lerned" and "they'dve" is spelled "they've"

27. Clifton Durante III says:

I smell racism. I an African American and I am a teacher in Tulsa, Oklahoma. In the past I voted Rep. along with many other African Americans. However, the GOP has really turned many constitutes off to the GOP party. I usually vote for the best person but now it is going to be very difficult to be persuaded to ever vote Rep. again. There are school districts around Tulsa (wealthy, majority white, and partially racist) that do not want a black man instructing their children, and that is across ALL America. Racism is still a major factor, regardless if you admit it or believe it. America open your eyes and open your heart. Be true Americans. Being American is not a color, it's a right. The GOP sucks.

28. Clifton Durante III says:

I an American and I can smell BS a mile away. You a Democrat. No one here cares one bit about Obama's race. I certainly don't. For you to inject race into this is, well, racist. We see a Socialist and he wants to brainwash our kids.

30. Terri says:

Mr. Durante,

Since when is it rascist for a conservative to not agree with liberal principles? If our president were a conservation and I agreed with his principles, I would have voted for him in a heartbeat.

31. Terri says:

Mr. Durante,

32. ann says:

I miss George Bush and Dick Cheney

33. ann says:

I miss George Bush and Dick Cheney

34. Stacy says:

LOL!!! Well said Tom! You know I wonder why Americans still bother to "put in their two cents." All of us have gone the what about me route instead of thinking of others first. The Government has already taken away many of our hopes of a bright future, for instance, I won't have any Social Security to live off of when I'm of age, yet I still receive my quarterly statements showing what I've contributed. The US is already 9 billion dollars in debt to China and now the government wants to take control over my health! No thanks, I'll invest in a privately owned policy which I own.

35. CaliMom says:

Bravo! The issue is not that the President is telling our children to stay in school, or to work hard. The issue is that for some unknown, unspecified, shady reasons he has chosen to do this over close circuit television. Why can he not deliver these sentiments in a regular news broadcast like every other president? I don't like the sound of it one bit and my children will most certainly NOT be sitting in the classroom for his little "session" nor participating in ANY of the little "activities" sent out along with it.

Small correction. You intended to say 9 Trillion Dollars. But I am sure we all knew what you meant.

37. gpousson says:

we are given a choice to let our kids watch it or not,but we have to consent before the speech is available for our viewing
    so my kids can catch up on homework while the others are watching.

38. gpousson says:

so my kids can catch up on homework while the others are watching.

39. Robin says:

Right On!! Maybe the "Change" needs to be that Americans start respecting each other, whether we agree on their political beliefs. He is still the President and deserves that respect. Mr. O is not going to brain wash the children on his health care, or stimulas packages, or etc. Maybe this is what our kids need to get back into the We count and deserve the education we deserve. Afterall, California doesnt seem to care about kids and their future, im glad someone else does.

40. John says:

Ok for one you have to admit that watching Mr. George give a speech was to say the least amusing. And all racism and everything aside, why does Obama feel the need to tell our kids to stay in school. If you raise your children to respect themselves they will just to get the good education and everything that comes with it. What I don't like is the fact my kids don't go to school to be preached to by a socialist that they need to stay in school. That's my job to raise my children, not his. My kids go to school to learn the basics for life, reading, writing and arithmatic, right? He can keep his political views out of it. He's not qualified to teach, where's his teaching degree? And I agree with ppage50… I wouldn't want anything unpreviewed to be taught in schools. Thats what we pay the teachers for, to make sure that our children are taught what they need to make it in this world.

41. parent and teacher says:

The problem with the speech (and I am a teacher) is that as a teacher, my parents have the right to preview anything I am going to teach, in detail. As a parent, I know the general topic but not the content. That is like me (as a teacher) telling a parent I am teaching the sex ed class and then not allowing the parents to preview the actual content – videos, handouts, powerpoints, whatever – as well as the specific list of teaching objectives associated with the unit.

The parent again – let me read the speech and then I'll decide if that agrees with what I want my child to hear.

42. John says:

43. parent and teacher says:

44. Robin says:

Yes, homework that should have been done at "HOME", hence the word.

45. Sonjia says:

you are nuts that is who put us in all this crappy mess.We should give the president a chance at least he is trying to help people not make life worse for all like Bush – Cheney did. Get your head out of your butt and take notice he is talking to students abouts studying and staying in school how is that bad? some of you will think anything he does is wrong.most of us a really glad we have a great president now

Right. And look what happens when we let Socialist lefties run our schools. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,546280,00.html?test=latestnews

47. CBray says:

Great, so you are raising another generation of angry closed minded people. Instead of teaching your children that although you may not agree with everything the president says, he was, in fact, elected by this great democracy and deserves our respect…not your blind faith but your respect and a willingness to listen.

48. Robin says:

As I said above, Respect need to be brought back to the American people. To respect someones decisons, view (you dont have to agree) and choices. HMMM Mayflower, pilgrims, remember this??? He is not going to brain wash our children. Im glad someone cares enough to tell them good job, keep up the good wokr and how important education is. By the looks of Californias goverment and their budget cuts, they certainly dont. Children need to know that their job, and yes it is their job to attend school each day and do the very best they can is important. Its called building strong and responsible young people, hence THE FUTURE!!.
    So maybe all the Idiot talk, racisim, I miss so and so, needs to go away and start thinking of what is really going to happen. A President is going to talk with children about how important THEY are. Whats so bad about that?? At least someone cares about them.

49. Robin says:

Respect must be earned. Everyone should respect the office, but when we have a president that appoints a Green Czar that says “Only White Kids Shoot Up Schools” and “Republicans are a$$holes” and “George Bush is a crack head licking a crack pipe for a fix”, the occupant deserves no respect. None at all.

Why would I let someone that hired a racist POS like that near my kids? This president has lost any credibility he had with all but the most liberal socialists.

He cannot be trusted to make good decisions. If he were the CEO of a company, he would have been removed by now.

51. Candace says:

Get over it you haters of the President. President Obama won the electin.

52. Candace says:

Get over it you haters of the President. President Obama won the electin.

When we see something we think is wrong, what difference does the results of an election make?

And are you saying that when a Democrat wins, we should just roll over and play dead, but when a Republican wins, you should camp outside of his home, protest all over and yell and call him everything in the book?

That does not make any sense. I believe I’ll be waving my First Amendment right when I see a wrong, thank you.

54. Bill_of_Rights says:

It smacks of racism because when Ronald Reagan gave a spoke to students and when George H W bush spoke to students nobody had an issue about it, now that it's a black Democrat speaking to students it's an issue.
    Personally I don't think the Republicans are acting out of racism but out of idiological bigotry. They decisively lost the election, now they are trying every disruptive tactic they can come up with to keep the majority from running our government.
    The right wing needs to aquaint themselves with the concept of the loyal opposition. They're acting more like southerners after Lincoln was elected. They're just as morally corrupt and intellectually bankrupt. Lets hope they stop short of bloodshed this time.

55. James Wilkie says:

I see police cheif,exmilitary,college professors,(all white) speak at school districts and to school classes and parents though it was the greastest motovative for their students. I believe present Obama has more degree and experence with prblic speaking than any of these educators. Doe`s anyone think this is racism? I think some people are blind to change. Maybe if Mr. Obama put on a white mask these blind people would have a different of view.

56. James Wilkie says:

57. Faith Brown says:

Wow is this america? We pay guess speaker to speak at graduations and we feel we have scored big if the school get a president to speak. Now we have a president who wants to speak showing children how important they are and we don't want it? Maybe most of you are doing a great job making your children feel great and your child is doing a great job, but they have to live in this world full of people who may not have the same view of themselves as your lucky child. So get over your perfect self and be thankful that OUR PRESIDENT has a heart to care for all people. Because the ones who don't love themselves are the one's your sons and daughters have to be around. Spend some time praying for the man we have in office and stop hating on ever thing he do.

58. Faith Brown says:

59. g. Mad says:

I am Happy to Let a great number of you know that NONE, I mean none of my childern's teachers will be watching the President. I am sorry but the man just scares me.

60. g. Mad says:

61. parent and teacher says:

A few points – my color doesn't show on a comment – my family is the original Heinz 57 blend, if that matters. The topic of the speech is great. As a teacher, I am always encouraging my students to achieve (and parents are welcome to come and listen live). The danger here is the President of the United States carries a great deal of prestige power. If there is something in that speech that disagrees with my personal philosphy in other ways, I can't take his words away from my child's memory. My district is NOT endorsing the speech.

62. parent and teacher says:

63. g. Mad says:

James Wilkie, I am sorry but what experience does Mr Obama have. He did not "WIN" because of experience because he had none. The Media was horrible they never asked him the hard questions. The Media is why Mr. Obama won. Tell me Mr. Wilie what experience did he have "None”. Sarah Palin had a whole lot more experience then he did.

64. g. Mad says:

65. Bobbie says:

First off, I want to say, I am not racist one bit. If C. Rice would have run for president, she would have had my vote. An african american female. I don't understand why racism had to even become a part of this. It seems like if somebody doesn't like what Obama says then they are racist. Maybe it could be that we just don't like or trust him. That is what makes the world go round, everybody is different and has different beliefs. My children are not watching his speech. Normally when the president speaks it is on television and as adults we have the option to watch or not. Him wanting to speak to chldren in school to me seems sneaky. Like he is trying to go behind the parents authority. If he wants to speak to the children, put it on TV. That way parents have the option of letting their children watch it or not. If President Bush did this, OMG!!! The point is as an AMERICAN we have a choice and with him putting this in school, he is taking the choice away. He is taking the authority of the parents away. I am not an Obama supporter, never have been and never will be. But that is what is great about being an AMERICAN!!!!!

66. Bobbie says:

67. C. Wilson says:

This is good. You think that POTUS is going to address the children of the United States and be stupid enough to say something off color? He didn't get elected by being stupid. The next part of that equation is that most of the people that are keeping their kids home will probably allow them to spend hours on end in front of something infinitely more dangerous than POTUS. TV, Video Games, Internet…. Do you preview all that material before you let your kids spend hours in front of it? Bottom line is that if you're doing your job as a parent, it doesn't matter what POTUS says. Your child puts his or her trust is in YOU.;)

68. Lesti says:

Clifton, I'm sorry to hear that you feel just because someone doesnt agree with Obama and/or his agenda that, that makes them racists. If racism was as big as some people THINK it is, Obama would have never made it into office. It irritates me beyond belief that whenever someone doesnt see eye to eye with an African-American then they are deemed a racist. I guess now you're going to say that I'm racist for addressing you in this matter. I assure you, I am not.

69. Lesti says:

If they're blind people why would it matter if he put on a white mask. Get over the racists BS. Ignorance knows no color. Color him clear, he still has a personal agenda that MOST people have already picked up on. Perhaps you should research Hitler and his tactis and see how they seem to go hand in hand with Obama's. Again, color him clear!

70. Lorenzo Richards says:

I dhink you have do go pack to school and lern Enklish. Obama is not a person He is Messiyyyya!

There is a simple test you can take to figure out if you are racist about this issue or not.

If you would have no problem with Nancy Pelosi or Harry Reid talking to all the children in the country, but object to Obama, then yes, you are a racist.

On the other hand, if you feel the same about all three of them addressing your kids, then you are an issue driven patriot and a Great American.

Personally, I would freak out more if Pelosi or Reid wanted to talk to MY kids.

Agree?

Personally, I would freak out more if Pelosi or Reid wanted to talk to MY kids.

Agree?

73. Lorenzo Richards says:

It is mandatory for children to go to school! Punish them and their parents if they do not attend school. Send the 'drop outs' to ' Juvenile detention' centers. It is morally wrong for Obama to Brain Wash children, especially when his approval rating is below 50%.

74. Lorenzo Richards says:

75. Diane says:

g.Mad–Maybe you should have paying better attention during the grammar lessons when you were in school. It isn’t “me and my husband”; the correct grammar is “my husband and me”. What about all the children who wont have the opportunity to watch this unless it is shown in their school? With all the high drop out rates in the public schools, why would anyone oppose the President of the United States of America encouraging them to make the most of their education. Because of racist attitudes and ignorance of adults, we’ll never know how many children could have been positively affected by this speech.

76. Diane says:

Parent and Teacher: I’ve also worked in the public schools for over twenty years and have two children of my own. As an educator your “personal philosophy” could be as offensive to parents as President Obama’s message is to other parents.

77. Diane says:

Tom White–I would be more concerned if you talked to my students. It is sad that many students will not have the opportunity for students to be motivated at the beginning of the school year by the President of the United States of America because of ignorant adults.

78. purpose says:

ppage50 Thank you for your comment. You have made the most appropriate conclusion. You as an educator have taken the responsibilty to monitor what our children are being exposed to. Whether it’s a speech from the Pope or our President. After reading some of these comments no wonder the children in the school systems are so dysfunctional. The children of our schools have enough peer pressure, acedemic challenges and pre-adolescent physical changes . . . reading some of these comments from parents just only wonders what other challenges like ignorance and racism that is being taught in their homes. We should be praying for their safety while in school, on the school buses and in the colleges and college campuses across our nation. Please, Please wake up people let’s do all within our power to encourage our children to positive and productive citizens, and make a differnce for the future. Some of you maybe educating the chemist that finds a cure for cancer, diabetes and heart disease. PEACE AND BLESSINGS TO ALL.

79. Bigvinu says:

What do you honestly think is going to happen?

80. Bobbie says:

I would not want Pelosi, Biden or Reid talking with my children. Mandatory or not, I am a parent and it is up to me as a parent what/who I want my chldren to hear.

81. Bobbie says:

82. Bigvinu says:

I don't think he had enough experience for President which is why I was rooting for the maverick until he did the least maverick thing of picking that drama queen from Alaska. Given the choice between McCain and Obama, people picked Obama. You say the Media was horrible with Obama, I don't think you ever watched the "gotcha" Gibson-Stephanapoulis debate during Pennsylvania.

Also, Barack Obama won. That happened. He's President. He's the leader of our country, and the de-facto leader of the free world. I'm 14, I'm going to be a freshman on Tuesday. I don't know whether or not the speech will be shown, but if it is, then I just saw the President give a speech. If it's not, I guess I'll just end up YouTubing it to see what he talked about.

Does this mean I'm going turn into one of those fascist/socialist (which many don't seem to realize are on completely different sides of the spectrum) zombie?

83. Bigvinu says:

Um, you're kidding right? It's actually not up to you. Unless you plan on imprisoning your child in his/her bedroom, I doubt you can control everything that goes on.

84. Bobbie says:

Not kidding! Imprisoning? You are kidding, right? It is a speech! A CHOICE that as a parent I am going to use. You, the government, nobody is going to tell me how to raise my children. We have a choice, what is the problem with that? Nobody made you for whoever you voted for, it was a choice. Nobody forced you. What is the big deal? Raise your children the best you can and if Obama is not part of that, then so be it. Just like I can't control everything, neither can you. You are nobody else can force this on anybody. I am not telling you how to raise your children, don't tell me how to raise mine.

85. Bobbie says:

86. Izmailov says:

??? ???????????, ???? ???????????? ?????????.

87. Izmailov says:

??? ???????????, ???? ???????????? ?????????.

88. Sigik says:

??? ??? ????????? ????????, ??? ??? ? ????????? ??????