Obama Called A Liar By SC Rep Joe Wilson

In a speech marked by lies and falsehoods from Obama, SC Rep Joe Wilson had the courage to express his opinion. In a scene reminiscent of the British House of Commons, Obama belittles those that have read the proposed bills and the provisions of the bills that call for “death panels”. And then he calls those people liars. And the Democrats give a standing ovation for the president calling Republicans and concerned citizens liars.

When the President continues, and claims that illegal aliens will not be covered, Rep. Joe Wilson (R-S.C.) called him a liar. This happens near the end of the clip below.

The best part of the speech was the last few seconds of this video. The looks on Obama’s face and Pelosi’s face in particular were worth enduring the speech. Pelosi’s jaw dropped as far as her last face lift would allow it droop. Priceless. Another case of Democrats dishing it out, but unable to take it.

Here is what Wilson SHOULD have said:

Tom is a US Navy Veteran, owns an Insurance Agency and is currently an IT Manager for a Virginia Distributor. He has been published in American Thinker, currently writes for the Richmond Examiner as well as Virginia Right! Blog. Tom lives in Hanover County, Va and is involved in politics at every level and is a Recovering Republican who has finally had enough of the War on Conservatives in progress with the Leadership of the GOP on a National Level.

69 Responses to “Obama Called A Liar By SC Rep Joe Wilson”

1. Judy Deems says:

THANK YOU JOE WILSON! You have spoken for the majority of Americans that are wondering why this 'so called president' is calling THE AMERICAN PUBLIC LIARS! Again, thank you Joe. Thank you for speaking for us! Sincerely, Judy from Colorado

2. Judy Deems says:

3. Groucho says:

What a piece of beetle dung! In Japan someone so insanely stupid would at least have the enough smarts left to off himself and try to salvage what little honor he could. But I guess saying your sorry is the next best thing. What about the rest of you Morons? No honor or no brains? Groucho from California

4. Groucho says:

5. Barbara Bates says:

Thank you Joe!! Somehow we need a voice.. I want reform but not this kind and illegals will continue to flood our scools and emergency rooms until there are significant changes and not just more giving away of our EANED money! Here in Illinois we have no voice but maybe things are a changing.

6. Barbara Bates says:

7. matt sutton says:

priceless what a moment for the history books!

8. matt sutton says:

priceless what a moment for the history books!

9. annelouise says:

not the place to act like a highschooler. Courage? Bravery? I think not. He embarrased his party and his state. I truely believe its because the president is a black man. This grit eatin hillbilly just doesn't think President Obama deserves the same respect as say a Bush or a Reagan. He really needs to be punished. Hopefully he is not voted back in. What a total ass.

10. annelouise says:

11. cyndeewi says:

The President did not call the republicans liars. Now you are lying. He said people who are spreading the falsehoods are liars. You racist people better go back and listen to his speech again.

12. cyndeewi says:

First, Obama called Wilson a liar, and anyone that does not agree with him. I suppose, to you, Obama is a racist for that.

Do you REALLY want Republicans to treat Obama the way Bush was treated? Good idea!

I truly believe you are a racist. This has NOTHING to do with race. You cheapen racial issues and blur the lines to the point racism now means that if you have a difference of opinion with someone of a different ethnic background, you are a racist. Sorry. That is not what racism means, and your race bating shows you are either desperate to change the subject from the real issue, or you are simply the same as Obama's anti-white "truthers".

And whom does he accuse of spreading the falsehoods? He mentioned Palin by name. Death panels are a part of the bill. He is a liar, and everyone that remained seated he was calling a liar. My statement is accurate, you just don't want to believe it. Nothing I can do about that.

15. annelouise says:

no, not a truther. A white christian grandmother that happens to live in SC. What Rep Wilson did is unexceptable behavior. President Obama hasnt lied to anyone. People just don't want to listen to him. Just another form of disrespect. I 've lived here for many yrs and I've seen severe rasicm over the years and know it when I see it. And the real issue is Healthcare reform, that is what the speech was about and that is what Rep Wilson interupted. Isn't that the issue of this discussion? The man showed his ignorance to the entire country. We're allowed to dissagree with our government, but you don't try shouting down the President of the United States during an address to the nation! I hope his own people vote him out. I know I will.

16. Scorekeeper says:

Groucho from California two of the 8 Simple Rules Liberals Use for Arguments:

3. Attack the poster.
    4. Call the other person names.

I think everyone who does not argue honestly should be called out about their use of the Rules.

17. Scorekeeper says:

Groucho from California two of the 8 Simple Rules Liberals Use for Arguments:

3. Attack the poster.
    4. Call the other person names.

18. annelouise says:

I so agree with you Cyndee! Let them go back and READ the speech, word 4 word, if they have trouble w/comprehension, look at the video. If they still don't understand, then when the reform gets past, and it will, then they can go get the help they need from either a reading tutor or a good shrink! The shrink will help them with their aganst that these darn democrats got the bill thru! ha ha!

Honestly, Groucho. I hate to call someone out on spelling and grammar, but if you are going to call other people morons, you should really learn the proper use of your and you're. The confusion on the usage of the two are something I usually let slide, but it's hard to let this one go because of your insult. Your inability to properly use the words shows you're not very educated. There, I used them both in one sentence.

20. Nicole says:

Judt Deems and Barbara Bates are a true representation of the moronic actions of racist people. America is suppoes to be the land of the free, but it's free to white people? I think not! Let the President do his job which already is better than what Bush did as Prez. It amazes me how racist some people are and Judy and Barbara prove it without a shadow of a doubt!!

21. Nicole says:

22. US Citizen-DT says:

Hey you Blog Battle Maniacs (both from left and right) – Please save me some time!

Post a link to the transcript of Obama's speech. It must simply be in the record who called who a liar first!

Thanks in advance for obliging me.

DT – Guest Commentor

Her you go, ladies.

"The best example is the claim, made not just by radio and cable talk show hosts, but prominent politicians, that we plan to set up panels of bureaucrats with the power to kill off senior citizens. Such a charge would be laughable if it weren't so cynical and irresponsible. It is a lie, plain and simple."

Key words "prominent politicians" and " It is a lie"

Read the entire speech for yourself at http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/10/us/politics/10o

And I accept your apology for being wrong. Obama DID call Republicans liars. If you don't believe that, please tell me who the "prominent politicians" are, if not Republicans, as he excluded Limbaugh, Hannity et. al.

24. US Citizen-DT says:

Thanks in advance for obliging me.

DT – Guest Commentor

Oh, and by the way, the Senate took out the Death Panel http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090813/ap_on_go_co/u… and the House has NOT.

So, Obama is a liar. Plain and simple.

I just did. Probably as you were typing this. Check the previous posts.

And you win the prize best first amendment trampling of the day. Disagreeing with the President is not a racial thing.

Would all of you that think disagreeing with the President also agree that Senator Mark Dayton (D-MN), who is white is a racist for saying the following of Condoleezza Rice:

"I don't like impugning anyone's integrity, but I really don't like being lied to," Dayton said. "Repeatedly, flagrantly, intentionally."…

"My vote against this nominee is my statement that this administration's lies must stop now," Dayton said in opposing Rice's nomination on the Senate floor."

Should he be removed?

Should he be removed?

30. Jendivesak says:

Well I just want to sincerely, thank Joe Wilson. Rep Wilson said what most Americans are thinking. Here, Here. And while I cannot condone the fact that he elected to have his voice heard as a public outburst, the sentiment is the same. President Obama is not being truthful with his intentions or his actions. HC does need some reform, but does this mean that we need to start over with a plan intended to break the bank?

31. Jendivesak says:

32. Rod says:

I fail to understand how you can claim racist when mr Obama is half white and half black.

33. djc says:

Come on, we need to get REAL.

Here are some provable lies:
    " Death Panels" – Lie, huge distortion at best. There is/was no such thing
    " coverage for illegal immigrants" – there is specific language in the proposed bills prohibiting this
    " Obama isn't a natural born citizen of the US" – there is clear and convincing proof that he is
    etc, etc…

I think Rep. Wilson should apologize – and not just for his ignorant, boorish behavior during the speech but for lying (yes, what else can I call it) to the american people about "illegal alien healthcare coverage", etc…

Sensitive about Obama calling out these misrepresentations? Sorry, but if the shoe fits, we have to wear it. Anyone who is espousing the above ideas, in the face of clear and obvious evidence to the contrary is what? – Certainly not a truth teller.

Until the Republican Party stops using clearly untrue statements as political tactics and actually engages in a rational, thoughtful, constructive debate, it will have no credibility left, and this 7-figure-income voter will continue to move farther and farther away from a party that has become the epicenter of corrupt, hypocritical, hate-mongering, irrational, paranoid loons!

Political hacks like Rep Wilson are either delusional, or they are knowingly lying, or they are incompetent in their jobs – having not read and understood the bills or bothered to examine the evidence. None of these possibilities is flattering. They certainly aren't displaying the kind of moral character I want to instill in my kids.

Let's change the tone and deal with the real problems facing this country.
    I've travelled around the world and experienced their health care systems. The truth is we are paying much much more for healthcare in this country and are not getting significantly better outcomes -even for those of us with private health insurance.

The truth of the matter is I already have a bureaucrat imposing himself into my healthcare decisions.
    A private insurance company clerk is constantly second-guessing the decisions made between me and my doctor and delaying claim payments, *and I have no real recourse in these policy decisions*. At least in a public plan, I would have some way to lobby for policy changes. At the moment, they are at the whim of various private-insurers.

The truth of the matter is that medicare and congressional health plans are "government run health care", and no one is abandoning those systems. Before demonizing "socialized medicine" I'd like to see the Representatives and Senators renounce their participation in their congressional health plan.

The truth of the matter is that my private insurer seeks any way possible to deny or delay paying valid claims in the hope that I or my Doctor don't actually go to the trouble of challenging these incorrect denials.

Finally, for those bringing up the G.W. Bush administration… This wasn't a proud period of Republican Party history. Again, facts can be inconvenient – but the administration *did* lie to congressional committees – from waterboarding to political firings of US Attorneys to Valerie Plame, to …

Heaven help us if the best we can do is Sara Palin…
    This country needs ideas and leadership based in real world facts, not wishful thinking fantasy.

34. djc says:

Come on, we need to get REAL.

Here are some provable lies:
    " Death Panels" – Lie, huge distortion at best. There is/was no such thing
    etc, etc…

Let's change the tone and deal with the real problems facing this country.

Heaven help us if the best we can do is Sara Palin…

The Senate took out the Death Panel http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090813/ap_on_go_co/u… and the House has NOT. OBAMA LIE

pg 50, SEC. 152. "PROHIBITING DISCRIMINATION IN HEALTH CARE" says nothing about illegal aliens. What it does say is that they cannot withhold health care based on things having nothing to do with "the provision of high quality health care" — and LEGAL STATUS has nothing to do with the provision of high quality health care. OBAMA LIE.

What does Obama's birth have to do with Health Care? Are you saying he's an illegal alien and may not be covered?

Wilson should be given a metal for calling a liar what he is.

The hate mongering is, as always, from the left.

A private insurance company NEVER denies claims where the loss is clearly covered and indemnification within the guidelines. You can get an adjuster that is an idiot and hates his job, or you mouth off and they try to screw you, but try the same at the Post
    Office or the IRS. I don't know what state you are in, and part of the problem is states differ, but as a licensed insurance agent in Va, if an Insurance Company denies a claim wrongfully, you can go to the Insurance Commission. I have actually helped people file claims when I thought they were denied coverage for something that should be covered.

I bet you cannot tell me oONE time you were wrongly denied a claim. I have people come into my office and complain that they were wrongly turned down. When I ask "What happened" they say "Like I told the claims person, I was backing out of the parking place…". And I say you were backing up. You are at fault. Or someone goes to a non plan doctor. The reason coverage is denied 99.9% of the time, is it is not covered in the rules. Period. Virginia comes down like a ton of bricks on an insurer that has a pattern of claim denials that are not proper.

You simply do not know what you are talking about, and believe the Obama lies.

The Bush Administration DID NOT lie about waterboarding. It was disclosed properly. No one was charged with lying. They have a problem with the procedure. Bush is 100% within his authority to fire US Attorneys. Obama has done the same thing. So did Clinton. The was not a lie, nor was it illegal. Was anyone convicted for outing Plame? This was no lie, except by Democrats trying to make political points.

Sarah Palin? Bush? Plame? US Attorney's? What are you talking about them for? Obviously, you know Obama is a liar and you are trying to use a smoke screen. Will not work here, sorry.

36. djc says:

What nonsense.

How can you possibly know what President Obama's 'intentions' are, let alone represent that he is being 'untruthful' about them.

On the other hand people like Rep. Wilson and former Gov. Palin have, on the record, made misleading and untrue statements to frighten people into opposition of healthcare reform for their own personal, political benefit. They should be ashamed. (I am ashamed of them.)

For example, the "Death Panels" are not what Ms. Palin and others imply. The provision that has been removed (only temporarily I hope) was for end-of-life counseling. It was not mandatory that you receive this counseling – it was mandatory that Doctors get compensated for it if they provide it.

If you have not had a close relative or friend die of a terminal disease, you may not understand that this is a very important service. Discussing these issues with your Doctor and your loved ones is critical. Compensating a health care provider for their time and expertise in this counseling is only fair and appropriate. This is counseling about palliative care, pain management, establishing and constructing Living Wills and Health Care Directives so someone you trust can act for you in the way *you wish to be treated* if you aren't able to speak for yourself. If this is eliminated from *any* health care plan due it will be tragic!

Rep. Wilson's assertions that Obama's wants to "provide healthcare to illegal aliens" is also demonstrably wrong. Just go look up H.R. 3200: Sec 246 if you have the guts to admit that you are wrong. Here it is for those of you who are as lazy or incompetent as Rep. Wilson.
    "H.R. 3200: Sec 246 NO FEDERAL PAYMENT FOR UNDOCUMENTED ALIENS
    Nothing in this subtitle shall allow Federal payments for affordability credits
    on behalf of individuals who are not lawfully present in the United States."
    When Obama refuted this 'illegal alien coverage" BS, re. Wilson burst out with "You Lie!" – but in fact, Obama was correct and Mr. Wilson is incorrect.

If you let partisanship blind you to the truth, the first person you are lying to is yourself!
    The way to determine the truth of a statement isn't to look for a D or an R next to a name or you will be duped. There's BS and truth on both sides.

Unfortunately, at the moment, it is more likely that an R next to a name implies falsehood (and easily detected falsehood at that). It would be great if that could change, but supporting guys like Rep. Wilson isn't the way to remove the ongoing tarnish on the Republican brand.

37. tjwhitejr says:

People like you, when faced with supported facts and still refuse to admit you are wrong are a waste of time to try to argue with. You so consumed in your hatred of anything Republican that you are brain dead.

And when your Mom is is told she can't have surgery because it is too expensive, somehow, you will find a way to blame the Republicans.

It is pointless to even respond to a closed mind.

38. tjwhitejr says:

It is pointless to even respond to a closed mind.

39. Groucho says:

I was surprised that Scorekeeper didn"t recognized that Rules #3 and #4 were of Right Wingnut origin. I got them from Rush, Bill, Sean,Glenn and , well, just about anyone on Clusterfox News. Civil,decent folk one and all

40. Groucho says:

41. Groucho says:

Oh and yes, recognize didn't need the "D". My mistake . At least I know when I'm wrong. How about you.

42. Groucho says:

43. J E Williams says:

get real. everyone who don't like Obama is racist according to you, is that correct? why are there lots of black Men and women who don't like him?
    I don't like Obama I think of him as the anti-christ. does that make me racist? I didn't like Bush either so what does that make me now a radical? well if you would look up the "Rules for Radicals" and see what it has to say and see who taught thoose rules you might learn something.

44. Violet C says:

I wish all republicans that new Joe Wilson was speaking the truth and our president was lying will get up and give a standing ovation to this courageous man.

45. Violet C says:

46. Anita Loughlin says:

Talk about a liar and hipocrit, Representative Joe Wilson, a little-known Republican and Army Reserve veteran from South Carolina , has received Federally funded insurance through the VA and Senate, most of his adult life. He is making enough money to purchase his own insurance. Lets save the federal funds for the small business man or women who are struggling to keep their business going. Or sorry the "Poor will always be with you" (biblical quote for those of you who on the religious right and think that it is just to leave the poor poor and with out resources.) The poor will be with us … means that we need to take care of them. Let's use the federal funds Joe Wilson has received for so many years, and take care of our neighbors.

47. Anita Loughlin says:

First Anita, I assure you the Senate has never paid one dime for Joe Wilson's health care. He is not a Senator. I don't know that the VA has, either.

As far as your attempt at a bible quotation, I would suggest you read the passage you decided to quote. It is from Mark Chapter 14. Verse 7, but back up a couple of verses.

The story is of Jesus. A woman brought out a vial of expensive perfume and she poured the perfume over Christ's head. Well, a bunch of people started complaining that the perfume could have been sold and the money given to the poor.

And Jesus told them that you can help the poor anytime. They will always be around. But He (Jesus) was only here for a short time. So, forget the poor. We'll make more.

You just made a good argument for giving Ole' Joe Wilson a raise and a better health policy.

You should really learn about the issues and stop letting MSNBC tell you what to think. You obviously are clueless.

49. Mr Mulholland says:

The equivalent in England is not a 'scene from the House of Commons' it is the theoretical situation that an MP would shout 'You lie!' at the head of state, the Queen, during her Speech from the Throne. If someone did that, there would be outrage in Britain. The President is the Head of State, and, like the Queen, should be treated with a greater amount of respect. In the House of Commons, the Prime Minister is merely 'primus inter pares', not the Head of State. That is why MPs can jeer him. But jeering the Queen would be so horribly wrong. I can guarantee that if any MP or Lord did such a thing they would lose all respect from even their political allies.

50. Mr Mulholland says:

Sorry to disillusion you, but the bill contained language that forbid anyone from requiring proof of citizenship. This portion was amended and now, as a result of Wilson's pointing out the truth, contains language to prohibit participation by illegal aliens.

The Queen is a figurehead. The elected head of state is the Prim Minister in the UK and the equivalent to our president. Ask Tony Blair or Gordon Brown about it. View the scathing video of Daniel Hannan dressing down Gordon Brown in the EU Parliament.

You have no idea.[youtube jhwEGU36ok0