The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast, and the results are in for this week’s Watcher’s Council match up.
What happens when you finally decide enough is enough?
This week’s winner, Virginia Right! looks at that question in this week’s winning entry, .Boehner and Cantor’s ‘War on Conservatives’ Causes Exodus of Conservatives from the GOP Here’s a slice:
Republicans did not lose this election because they were too far to the right. They lost because they alienated too many Conservatives by running yet another liberal candidate for President. Conservatives refused to vote for Mitt Romney. They didn’t vote for Barack Obama, that’s for sure. But the stayed home just as they did with John McCain. The only reason George W. Bush won election was that the Democrats managed to find two candidates that were even worse.
And it was really hard to find a candidate worse than Obama, but Republicans have managed. Twice.
The last few years I have been working within the Republican Party to help move things back to the path the founders, and more recently Ronald Reagan laid out. A number of my friends called me crazy for trying. I now admit that they were right and I was wrong.
The leadership of the Republican Party on a National level can’t be fixed because they are too blind to realize they are broken.
I tried. I gave it the best I had (along with a lot of other people). And I failed to make a dent.
On a personal level, I resigned my seat on my local Republican Executive Committee. I cannot in good faith continue to support a jobs program for Republicans like Eric Cantor that talk the talk, but the minute they fear for their jobs, they eliminate the only members of important committees that are more interested in fixing American than personal gain.
Effective immediately, I no longer consider myself a Republican. I am a Conservative who was abandoned by the Republican Party on their rush to the left.
On a State and Local level, I will continue to “caucus” with Republicans because many of them are still true Conservatives and have not yet reached the level of futility necessary to realize their efforts are wasted on noneffective leaders. While I will no longer serve on the Executive Committee of my local GOP organization, I will most likely continue as a member and will provide support and assistance for Conservatives within or without the group. At least until I run afoul of the requirement that you must grit your teeth and toe the party line even when they are heading in the wrong direction.
In our non-Council category, the winner was Arson Ostrovsky in The Commentator with Rejection and terror: Same old Palestinian choices submitted by Joshuapundit. You’d think after all this time they’d learn better, wouldn’t you? Do read it.
OK, OK, here are this week’s full results. Gay Patrot was unable to vote this week, but was not subject to the usual 2/3 vote penalty:
- *First place with 2 1/3 votes! VA Right –Boehner and Cantor’s ‘War on Conservatives’ Causes Exodus of Conservatives from the GOP
- Second place with 2 votes – Bookworm Room- Sheldon Adelson: Put aside social conservativism to reclaim America
- Third place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – The Independent Sentinel-U.S. Marine Jon Hammar Has Been Left Behind in a Mexican Prison
- Third place *t* with 1 2/3 vote – Joshuapundit- Hanukkah..The Festival Of Lights And Freedom
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – The Noisy Room- When You Have Nothing To Lose, Do The Right Thing
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – The Mellow Jihadi- What I Learned Training at a New Navy Base
- Fifth *t* with 2/3 vote – The Glittering Eye-Cognitive Dissonance
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Gay Patriot – Those who supported Obama’s election the most suffer the most from his policies
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Razor – Young Men and the Women of Generation Cupcake
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Right Planet –Union Mayhem: Cross-Dressers & Sucker Punches
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Colossus of Rhodey – Today in ‘Imagine if this was George W. Bush’
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Rhymes With Right – SCOTUS To Rule On Gay Marriage
- First place with 2 votes! – The Commentator-Rejection and terror: Same old Palestinian choices submitted by Joshuapundit
- Second place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – Mark Steyn –William & Kate have nothing on Obama submitted by The Noisy Room
- Second place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – Taki’s Magazine –The True Disciple of Saul Alinsky submitted by The Political Commentator
- Second place *t* with 1 2/3 votes -Barry Rubin-Israel’s Only Alternative submitted by The Watcher
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 vote The Long War Journal - al Nusra Front submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes - Bryan Preston/PJ Tatler – Big Labor Erupts as Michigan Goes Right-to-Work (Update: Democrats Threaten ‘Blood submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Fourth place with 1 vote - Doug Ross –UNION SUCCESS STORY #7,308: Chrysler forced to rehire workers caught drinking, getting high during lunch break submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote -Blue Truth –Jewish Voice for Peace: Animation FAIL submitted by Simply Jews
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote -Dan Riehl –Michelle Obama’s 26 Servants Cost Taxpayers $1.75 Million A Year submitted by VA Right!
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote -Gavin McInnes/Taki’s Magazine –10 White People Problems submitted by The Razor
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote -Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion –Transparent ref gaming of Sup Ct on gay marriage submitted by The Watcher
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote -The Hyacinth Girl –I Feel Pretty submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote -Roger L.Simon Reclaiming the Culture submitted by Gay Patriot
See you next week! Don’t forget to tune in on Monday AM for this week’s Watcher’s Forum, as the Council and their invited guests take apart one of the provocative issues of the day and weigh in…don’t you dare miss it. And don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us Twitter..’cause we’re cool like that!
Link to article –