Sandy got started in blogging to promote Governor Bobby Jindal.  I even took a small Louisiana state flag to the Jefferson Hotel one day to see my hero next to the Governor of Virginia (yes that one) and thanks to an unknown  Louisiana state police officer who was part of the security team for the governor (he figured you can’t make up enthusiasm for the Saints!) and I got to shake his hand and greet Jindal briefly and it didn’t cost me a dime (There was a fundraising event later and I think it was $100 to even get in!) and I was interviewed for a Charlottesville TV station.

There is also this blog post where Sandy got invited to cover for the blog – the breakfast for the immediate predecessor for Cong. Dave Brat – where the same two chief executives were present and I decided to bring the LA state flag and my Saints jersey to the event.  There was a super bad photo of me and my beau ideal.  yes the jersey is on backwards – I assume a bit of dyslexia.

I still admire Jindal.  He took Louisiana a long way towards being a cleaner state for business and politics.  That is a major accomplishment.  He is an expert on health care – a major issue in the election.  But there are so many good candidates this time.  I am wiped out already thinking about it.  I need to pray about it and I will.  I covet of course your prayers and ideas:  Who should Sandy endorse for President and why?

About Elwood Sanders

Elwood "Sandy" Sanders is a Hanover attorney who is an Appellate Procedure Consultant for Lantagne Legal Printing and has written ten scholarly legal articles. Sandy was also Virginia's first Appellate Defender and also helped bring curling in VA! (None of these titles imply any endorsement of Sanders’ views)

9 Responses to “This Ought to be Sandy’s Happiest Day in Years: Jindal is Running for President!”

1. Confused says:

Mr. Sanders:

I’m Confused- last year it was John R. Bolton that you were enamored with.

2. Sandy Sanders

Thanks for coming by Confused. Yes I would have supported Ambassador Bolton but now it’s nto sure. I am praying about it. Who should I help?

Sandy

3. Jerry Gore says:

Sandy—I agree with your consternation over which candidate has enough of “THE RIGHT STUFF” to not just win, but to be the best for the job. After listening to Jindal’s announcement speech I was amazed to find how near perfectly matched it was to my own model of what we need. I also freely admit to having a desire to elect a NON-POLITICIAN who will examine the entire panoply of federal political policies, structure and functions through an entirely “NEW LENSE”. It is obvious to me that NOTHING SO FAR OFFERED BY EITHER PARTY OR THEIR FACTOTUMS MAKES AN OUNCE OF SENSE ANYMORE! Besides, the career politicos running with the GOP brand burned into their holllow outer shells are either corrupt or without principles and honor worthy of our founders’ sacrifices.

4. Paul Blumstein says:

I think Jindal is great, but unfortunately he is not qualified to be President. Remember the “must be a natural born citizen” rule? That is defined under U.S. Law as meaning that both parents must be U.S. Citizens at time of birth. My understanding is that neither of his parents were U.S. citizens yet, having just arrived from India.

And, yes, that also disqualifies both Cruz & Rubio. But don’t expect the Dems to point this out because it would make people realize that Obama doesn’t qualify, either.

That something the Republican Party should have brought up before the 2008 elections, but then they’d lose their rep as the stupid party if they did.

• Thanks for coming by, Paul. Jindal was born in the United States and it says in the Fourteenth Amendment that “All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.” Jindal is clearly eligible to be and run for President. (So are Rubio [by birth] and Cruz [by mother being a citizen])

In fact President Obama is eligible to be President EVEN if he was born in Kenya (which is almost certainly was not) because his mother is a US citizen.

Sandy

• Dave B. says:

Actually, under the same law that made Senator Cruz a US citizen at birth, and that made the President’s three younger half-siblings US citizens at birth (former Sec. 301(a)(7) of the Immigration and Nationality Act), a fictional Kenyan-born Obama wouldn’t have been born a US citizen at all. It’s never been true that every child born to a US citizen parent, whether father or mother, will be born a US citizen.

• Dave B. says:

There’s no such definition “under U.S. law.” That’s under BIRTHER law. Not the same thing.

5. Paul Blumstein says:

Sandy,

The Constitution requires one to be a natural born citizen, not just a citizen.

Search for “Natural-born-citizen clause” in Wikipedia.

Than, do finds on that page for Cruz, Rubio & Jindal.

Paul

6. Paul Blumstein says:

Here is the legal research on this issue done for Congress:

Paul