Top Ron Paul Sites - Ranking the best Ron Paul related Freedom and Liberty
Websites

Tom Shields, Acorn, Under Age Prostitution and Bobby Scott

UPDATE – 9/21/2009
Many of the comments below are from the IP address range 141.
166.X.X which is the class B subnet assigned to University of Richmond back in the early 90′s. Has Tom Shields asked his students to make comments here? If you have been asked, please comment about it.

And be sure to read the latest post on the subject concerning Shield’s response.
Tom Shields called for Delegate O’Bannon to repudiate Bob McDonnell, and it seems he has some repudiating of his own he needs to do. What’s fair for the goose and all.

Democrat Tom Shields who is challenging Republican Delegate John O’Bannon for the 73rd District House seat has spent a great deal of time with radical Congressman Bobby Scott. In fact, Shields was Scott’s Legislative Assistant at one point.

Shields attempts to paint himself as a “New Generation of Independent Leadership”, but anyone that hangs around with Bobby Scott is not likely to be an independent anything.

As a left wing radical member of Congress, it was no surprise today when Bobby Scott voted to allow Acorn continued funding with taxpayer money.

Scott apparently was not bothered by the 5 tapes showing Acorn workers in 5 different cities helping undercover journalists with prostitution, tax fraud, child prostitution and smuggling illegal aliens.

So far, Tom Shields has been silent on the Acorn matter. Is Shields in favor of prostitution, especially child prostitution?

It is time for Tom Shields to come clean and let us know if he is still a radical, molded by Bobby Scott, or if he will repudiate Scott for such an outrageous vote in support of the exploitation of children.

We are waiting for an answer, Tom.

Tom is a US Navy Veteran, owns an Insurance Agency and is currently an IT Manager for a Virginia Distributor. He has been published in American Thinker, currently writes for the Richmond Examiner as well as Virginia Right! Blog. Tom lives in Hanover County, Va and is involved in politics at every level and is a Recovering Republican who has finally had enough of the War on Conservatives in progress with the Leadership of the GOP on a National Level.

50 Responses to “Tom Shields, Acorn, Under Age Prostitution and Bobby Scott”

1. matt says:

You have got to be kidding me. Next thing you are going to say is that O'Bannon supports illegal drug users because he has not denounced Rush Limbaugh. Where does O'Bannon stand on that? I'm waiting.

2. matt says:

Tom Shields opened up this question by demanding O'Bannon repudiate Bob McDonnell for his Thesis. That makes it a fair question based on Shields' own logic. Except that Shields spent far more time learning from Scott, and Scott voted in favor of funding Acorn.

5. ethan says:

What a disgrace. This logic is atrocious. Just because you might not see eye-to-eye with him politically doesn't give you a free pass for incendiary comments. Why don't you try debating the issues instead of engaging in slander?

6. ethan says:

Just using the same premise Shields uses to demand his opponent repudiate Bob McDonnell for his beliefs. Apparently, to Tom Shields you must repudiate any view he finds offensive from others in your party. Then he must be held to the same standard.

I am not accusing Shields of anything, just calling on him to let us know where he stands. This is a fair question to ask. And one he needs to answer.

Shields did not debate the issue with O'Bannon, why would he want to debate it with me?

He has the right to answer and as I have told him on issues in the past, I will be glad to add his views to the post, or he may leave a comment. He has my email address and phone number.

And in case you have not followed the race as closely as I have, Shields has distorted and issued false statements on Dr. O'Bannon's record. If there were any libel (slander is for the spoken word, usually), it is on Shields' part, however, this is politics.

9. Bill says:

Child prostitution? Really? You have gone way beyond political commentary into outright defamation.

10. Bill says:

11. John says:

You, sir, are pond scum. But thank you for helping me decide for whom to vote.

12. John says:

You, sir, are pond scum. But thank you for helping me decide for whom to vote.

And by way of disclosure, Ethan is a 2007 Graduate of U of R Leadership Studies, Shields' student, no doubt.

15. Marcie says:

Thanks so much for this posting! I am always appreciative of input that helps my decision making process. And you just did that successfully! (When will you all ever learn??) Your comments and O'Bannon's tacit support of them are beyond the pale.
    Go, Tom!!!

16. Marcie says:

Go, Tom!!!

Sorry, Bill. There are no accusations in the post, only questions. And fair questions that need to be asked and answered. I hope Tom Shields is on the phone with his mentor, Congressman Scott to ask him how he could support this group that is so corrupt and vile. And Shields should distance himself at once. Scott is in Richmond today, perhaps he could meet up with him.

O'Bannon has nothing to do with my posts. I don't work for him or anyone else. But it's interesting that someone in Midlothian would even be interested in the 73rd district, let alone be able to vote there.

20. Roland says:

So you think Bobby Scott is radical. I suppose you think Bob McDonnell is centrist. I suppose you think Bob McDonnell is honest. I suppose you think Bob McDonnell is reasonable. I don't think it is reasonable to attack a persons credibility and then lie to hide yours. I just can't imagine anyone can't remember whether or not they have ever gotten or given a blow job, Yet Bob doesn't recall. He would have answered the 'have you ever committed crimes against nature' question "No" if that had been the truth, but his evasive answer ' I don't recall' implies something much more sinister, a person with a 'Do as I say not as I do' philosophy. Virginia can do without out last century Bob McDonnell and out of touch John O'Bannon

21. Roland says:

Well, fine. Shields can give a "I don't recall" answer. But he needs to go on record one way or the other, and let voters decide if he is another Bobby Scott, or a New Generation of Independent Leadership as he says.

This issue has absolutely nothing to do with Bob McDonnell.

Do you not care where Scott's former Legislative Assistant stands on the issue? The REAL question is, is Shields Independent or a Scott Protege'?

It would seem Shields is the one that is out of touch.

23. Bob says:

Tom White, you're an idiot.

24. Bob says:

Tom White, you're an idiot.

And you are posting from the University of Richmond. IP address: 141.166.143.50 as have many of the comments. Obviously, Shields has given you a class assignment. Do you get a better grade? Is Shields campaigning in the class, too?

26. AmazingSpider1 says:

It's an interesting logic–or lack, thereof–you are using here.
    "On what planet do YOU spend most of your time?"

(Yes, I am writing you from UofR. NO, I have never taken Tom Shields' class nor plan on taking it in the future (as it is outside my major).)

27. AmazingSpider1 says:

It's an interesting logic–or lack, thereof–you are using here.
    "On what planet do YOU spend most of your time?"

It is the exact same logic Shields used when he demanded O'Bannon repudiate McDonnell for his views. http://www.shieldsfordelegate.com/press_release?k

Just curious if you could explain how Shields' request is a valid request, yet asking the same of him is somehow illogical.

Are you being intellectually dishonest, or just partisan?

29. Abby says:

Tom White- you have an awful lot of time on your hands. O'Bannon is not doing his job in the 73rd district. Try getting an appointment with him if you are a lower-middle class minority constituent. As for McDonnell's thesis…he has not changed the way he thinks..check out his voting record. Get with it people…

30. Abby says:

Abby, I would have to say, you are 100% wrong. Please tell me one person that has been unable to speak with Dr. O'Bannon. And to call him a racist? You are out of your mind.

As for Bob McDonnell, you are obviously too busy to actually look at things for yourself and depend on the lies and distortions of others.

I am QUITE familiar with McDonnell's record. And Deeds. And if you actually read the thesis, the premise of the thesis was that government should encourage the core family of a mother, father and children as it is the best possible environment to raise children. The thesis said the government should support this model and allow women to stay home and raise the children. It DOES NOT say women should not work, just that the option to do so should be encouraged by public policy. Stop listening to the 30 second sound bytes and take the time to research things for yourself.

32. JayZ says:

I understand campaigning can be a dirty game, and often times the truth is stretched, but this is ridiculous and actually quite offensive. To insinuate Dr. Shields supports child prostitution is completely over the top and truly sad that this race would stoop to such negative name-calling. This is equivalent to calling Dr. O’Bannon a supporter of adultery because he has not publically denounced Mark Sanford or that he supports sexual predators because he hasn’t denounced Mark Foley. Neither of which I believe is true, but this would be the same logic implemented here. I actually believe the O’Bannon Campaign should publically announce that they do not believe Dr. Shields to be a supporter of child prostitution and offer an apology.

33. JayZ says:

34. JayZ says:

Abby, I agree that O'Bannon doesn't care about the lower-middle class minority consituents. I have only lived in the district a little over a year, and I have written to Mr. O'Bannon on two occasions on issue of importance to me, and have not recieved any response. I suppose that since I don't hang around in his upper class circles or donate money to his campaigns that what I have to say doesn't really matter. I hope this district gets a change, because what we have isn't working.

You are a liar. Call his office. 804-592-5646. What are your issues. I will be glad to pass them on and get an answer. But you can do so yourself. However, if you have ever written to him, I promise you would have received a response. You did use a stamp, right?

Well, Shields "insinuated " that Dr. O'Bannon was against women because McDonnell wrote a thesis. Shields opened this door himself. If it is fair fr Shields to demand O'Bannon repudiate McDonnell for something he wrote 20 years ago, and assume because O'Bannon did not repudiate him, he must be against women. Using Tom's logic, and given that he actually worked for Acorn supporter Scott, it is every bit as fair a question as Shields put to O'Bannon. Why not leave Shields the same message? Shields drew first on this.

37. J-Z says:

I'm sure he would respond now, as he is trying to hold on to his seat, so he will do and say whatever he can. However when there was no threat to him, he sure did ignore what I sent him (which was actually via email, not USPS). I'm sure overall O'Bannon isn't a bad guy, and he is probably a middle of the road delegate, not bad, not great. However, having an "alright" delegate isn't satisfactory. A delegate who will stand up for the district and stand up against the status quo is what we need. Someone who does more than play it safe, which seems to be all O'Bannon is able to do. Mediocraty at it's best. This isn't acceptable to me, and I hope the other residents of the district see this as well.

I tell you what J-Z. Forward the email you sent Dr. O'Bannon to me at editor@varight.com and I will verify that you sent it and I will personally find out why it was not answered. I am an IT Manager by day with 35 years in the computer and networking field. In fact, I designed and implemented the network at University of Richmond in the early 90's and had a paper published on the effort in the 1992 edition of Campus Wide Information Systems.

Do this, look in your "sent" folder and forward the email to me at editor@varight.com. I will get to the bottom of this. Somehow, I doubt you will be able to do that because you never sent an email.

Dr. O'Bannon is the only Doctor in the House. He takes the lead on every complex medical bill that come through. We have a full time physician on retainer at all times. Shields can't live up to that.

This issue has absolutely nothing to do with Bob McDonnell.

It would seem Shields is the one that is out of touch.

Are you being intellectually dishonest, or just partisan?

44. JayZ says:

47. J-Z says:

1. [...] Vote To Fund By Tom White, on September 21st, 2009, at 11:51 am We asked Democrat Tom Shields to repudiate Congressman Bobby Scott’s vote to continue funding Acorn. Scott was one of the 75 Democrats that voted to continue funding [...]

2. [...] “Disgusting,” because O’Bannon’s campaign’s website featured a link to a blog that asked Tom Shields to take a stand on the ACORN [...]