Tom Shields Resorts To Schoolyard Taunting

ShieldsAcorn
Democrat Tom Shields is desperate. His internal polls show a big loss for him next week.

Laughably, he is trying to challenge Dr. O’Bannon in O’Bannon’s own field: medicine. His attack over the weekend (see this post) met with a polite correction from O’Bannon. In his response, Obannon said:

As delegate, he (O’Bannon) has sponsored major biotech legislation promoting stem cell research and supported a budget amendment providing $100,000 for the Richmond Biotech Park. And just last year, Dr. O’Bannon was the recipient of the Alzheimer’s Advocate Award from the Alzheimer’s Association of Greater Richmond for his extensive work on behalf of those who suffer from this disease.

This prompted Shields to respond:

UNABLE TO DEFEND VOTES AGAINST LIFE-SAVING STEM CELL RESEARCH, O’BANNON LASHES OUT AGAINST OPPONENT

This response drives home the old saying “Those who can, do. Those who can’t teach”.

Or, to put it another way:

Shields: “You want to kill old people”
O’Bannon: “Actually, I have won awards for helping them”.
Shields: No you didn’t!

And I think O’Bannon has far too much class to respond to taunting such as this.

I think someone needs to let Ben over at Not Larry Sabato know about Shields desperation. He has compiled a list of desperate Democrats that have resorted to outrageous lies to attempt to make a race of it when their own polls tell them it is helpless. Read Ben’s post here.

You see, Shields only platform has been to say “yes” to every project his potential voters asked for, which looks like it would add $1 billion to an already out of balance budget, and all problems can be solved by tossing more money into Education.

Shields’ answer for unemployment? More money for Education.

Shields’ answer for crime? More money for Education.

Shields’ answer for Education? More money for Education. (Ok, this one has some merit, but pouring more money into Education and seeing diminishing returns demands other solutions.)

Shields’ answer for pollution? More money for Education.

And the one that really blew me away was Shields’ solution for the Transportation crisis. Are you ready for this? More money for Education. I suppose if we are educated enough, we can simply transport ourselves from place to place using only our minds.

Doesn’t it seem odd that Shields wants to blame a Neurologist for not curing Alzheimer’s instead of calling for more money (that we don’t have) for Education?

Now, don’t get me wrong. Education is important, but it really looks like Shields wants to make sure his paychecks keep coming more than he wants to solve Virginia’s problems.

And he wants to help his family, too. He has said many times his Mother is a Teacher, His Father is a Teacher, His Brother is a Teacher, His Goldfish are Teachers. Ok, maybe not the Goldfish, but the rest are true.

Seems Tom Shields comes from a long line of those who can’t do, so they teach.

If you were to show both candidates a picture of a stem cell and a picture of a skin cell, who do you think could tell the difference?

Tommy boy, you are out of your league challenging a Neurologist on medical research in his own field, just as you are out of your league challenging Dr. O’Bannon for Delegate. You are simply clueless.

Here’s a thought. If you really cared about Alzheimer’s patients, don’t you think the $121,000.00 you spent on false mailers in two months throwing mud at Dr. O’Bannon could have been used to find a cure for Alzheimer’s instead?

We see how you waste money belonging to your party and your campaign. Why would anyone let you NEAR the state coffers?

Tom is a US Navy Veteran, owns an Insurance Agency and is currently an IT Manager for a Virginia Distributor. He has been published in American Thinker, currently writes for the Richmond Examiner as well as Virginia Right! Blog. Tom lives in Hanover County, Va and is involved in politics at every level and is a Recovering Republican who has finally had enough of the War on Conservatives in progress with the Leadership of the GOP on a National Level.

13 Responses to “Tom Shields Resorts To Schoolyard Taunting”

1. Ann Jones says:

“Those who can, do. Those who can’t teach.”

Did you really just post this?

Seems to me that fat sucks like yourself seem to have nothing to do but blog.

I sure as hell hope that you don’t have children and if you do, keep them home because their teachers will hate you.

You have a nice, hot spot waiting for you in hell.

2. Ann Jones says:

“Those who can, do. Those who can’t teach.”

Did you really just post this?

Seems to me that fat sucks like yourself seem to have nothing to do but blog.

You have a nice, hot spot waiting for you in hell.

I am guessing that you are Tom Shields’ sister. I believe her name was Ann Jones. And from the venom spewing from your keyboard I can see you are as unstable as old Tommy Boy.

And I did overhear your comment to Dr. O’Bannon before the debate at U of R. Shame on you. Naughty girl.

My “Those that can, do” comment was obviously aimed at your brother. Not all teachers. Specifically, a leadership “professor” that sends out lies. He is not a leader and should not be near kids.

Just look at the comments on Rateyourprofessor.

U of R has really got to look closely at his continued employment. This is one radical dude. But you know that, right?

Just look at the comments on Rateyourprofessor.

5. Ann Jones says:

Try again Tom. I am unrelated to the candidate and I don’t live in the 73rd. I didn’t even read the post beyond your disrespectful the quote. But, no one knows venom better than you. Actually, looks like everyone can learn about hatred and venom just by reading your blog. Shame on you.

6. Ann Jones says:

I know who you are now, “Ann”.

You used to be a Catholic. Now you don’t like them very much.

On another note, how do you like Verizon’s FIOS?

Tell Tom I said hello.

I know who you are now, “Ann”.

You used to be a Catholic. Now you don’t like them very much.

On another note, how do you like Verizon’s FIOS?

Tell Tom I said hello.

9. Jonathan Scott says:

Whats the accusation here exactly regarding Ann? And are you implying that you have somehow accessed her IP address or verizon account? Thats not good. If this is the Ann Jones from UR she is not related to Tom Shields and in fact could very well be accessing your site via computers at UR. We get this all the time when people access the net via libraries, schools etc. Most are centrally routed. LOL. If it is Ann from UR I wonder how the get the vote out at UR is going?

10. Jonathan Scott says:

11. peter says:

View the change in Virginia Unemployment Trends over the last six months using Heat Maps:
    Virginia Unemployment this month (BLS data):
    versus Virginia Unemployment levels six months ago:

12. peter says:

Virginia Unemployment this month (BLS data):
    versus Virginia Unemployment levels six months ago:

1. […] Ann Jones showed up again this week commenting on one of my posts seen here. Ann Jones October 29th, 2009 at 1:45 pm · […]