Republican Attorney General candidate Ken Cuccinelli has challenged Democratic challenger Steve Shannon to a series of 12 debates in order to help voters make up their minds about who they will vote for in November. Shannon initially was agreeable to debates until Cuccinelli actually put out the challenge.
We decided to document the reasons:
Top 10 Reasons Shannon Is Avoiding Debates With Cuccinelli
10. Shannon does not believe it is possible to reach 12 different areas of Virginia due to the Kaine Administration’s road maintenance policies.
9. Shannon is afraid he may be asked about the whereabouts of Govornor Tim Kaine.
8. Shannon is afraid he may be asked to explain Joe Biden.
7. Shannon does not like his chances on the road with the recent release of Drunk Drivers due to his failure to support a special session to help out law enforcement.
6. Cuccinelli is insisting Shannon’s microphone actually be turned on.
5. Cuccinelli is unwilling to allow Shannon to “phone a friend”.
4. Shannon heard some of the 12 debates would be in NoVa and didn’t want to debate in a Chevrolet.
3. Steve Shannon’s teleprompter has advised against a debate on the issues with Ken Cuccinelli.
2. While Shannon promised to debate Cuccinelli, he never said he would do it in the same place at the same time.
And the Number 1 Reason Shannon Is Avoiding Debates:
1. Shannon is demanding all questions be multiple choice.