Categorized | News, Opinion

VERY Important Open question for VA Right Editor on Delegate Peace HB-1147

Did you ever get an answer to the VERY important question you posed to our VA Representatives? Specifically from Delegate Chris Peace who wrote the bill for reasons that look VERY shady on the surface? The question regarding HB1147 that supposedly allowed us “to keep our Health Insurance plan if we like our Health Health Insurance Plan.”

I REALLY NEED A DEFINITIVE ANSWER B/C MY CURRENT PLAN WAS JUST CANCELLED!! I thought I heard President Obama also say “you can keep you Health Plan if you like your Health Plan” and now I’m being told that he either didn’t mean or lied or something went wrong. Please Help. The link I’m referencing is below. Thank You.

Answer – No. I did not. The legislation does nothing to help me keep my policy which will end this year, nor will it help you or any other Virginian in any way. And I was very disappointed in his response. He has, however, changed his mantra from “If you like your Health Plan, Virginia, you can keep it” to a statement filled with qualifiers like “if the federal government doesn’t …” and “as long as …”. In other words, after criticizing Obama for making a false statement about the Obamacare bill, he made the same false statement. And just like Obama, he has gone back and added qualifiers.

I would suggest that you contact Delegate Peace personally and ask him how his legislation will help you. In my opinion, this was worthless legislation that did nothing but pretended Peace was doing something.

One hint that a representative is not working for his district anymore is when they are appointed to Chairmanship positions. At that point, they work for the Speaker. And I think Chris Pease may have reached that point in his career.

Tom is a US Navy Veteran, owns an Insurance Agency and is currently an IT Manager for a Virginia Distributor. He has been published in American Thinker, currently writes for the Richmond Examiner as well as Virginia Right! Blog.Tom lives in Hanover County, Va and is involved in politics at every level and is a Recovering Republican who has finally had enough of the War on Conservatives in progress with the Leadership of the GOP on a National Level.

8 Responses to “VERY Important Open question for VA Right Editor on Delegate Peace HB-1147”

1. Mary says:

What a darn shame! Looks like another career politician in the making!

2. Nikki says:

Last time I checked, Delegate Chris Peace does not chair any Committees.

3. Stephen Lee

Nikki, That’s probably a good thing if he’s starting to play games like this, huh?

4. Nikki says:

The Chairmen of Subcommittees are chosen by the Committee Chair, not the Speaker of the House. Therefore, Mr. White, your original statement is misleading.

As to being Vice-Chair, that is not what you originally stated in your article. Interesting. To paraphrase your article, after criticizing Del Peace for making a false statement about being a Chairman, you have made a false statement and have gone back and added qualifiers.

• Tom White says:

Nikki, it would be helpful if you would identify your position at the Virginia House of Delegates when you make comments and attacks as you have.

It would also be helpful before you make a fool of yourself if you would check Chris Peace’s website before trying to deny he was appointed by the Speaker:

Delegate Christopher K. Peace (R-Hanover) received two significant appointments for the upcoming 2014 General Assembly Session. House Speaker William J. Howell named Delegate Peace as Vice-Chairman of the General Laws Committee. Additionally, Delegate S. Chris Jones, in-coming Chairman of the House Appropriations Committee, appointed Peace as Chairman of the House Appropriations Transportation Subcommittee.

And below is a screen shot in case the references to the speaker disappears.

In addition, I would like to know if you are commenting in an official capacity because, if so, your comments would make a great story.

What you should do is ask Chris if he intends to represent the 97th District going forward, or if he is going to be representing Speaker Howell and hope those who put him in office are asleep.

When I see a Delegate starting to go astray, I feel the need to speak up.

Now I hope you tell me that you made your comments completely on your own and without the knowledge or authority of Delegate Peace and his official staff. If they put you up to these comments, I will be even more disappointed.

And how about you ask Delegate Peace if I can get back my coverage from last year, or at least keep the policy that will be ending in December? Or at least help the other commenter with his policy. That is what I want to know. Chris Peace wrote “If you like your policy, Virginia, you can keep your policy”.

Only you really can’t.
      Tom White recently posted…Salt and Light Council UPDATE!My Profile

• Tom White says:

And by the way, Nikki. You made this comment from IP Address 198.246.136.35 according to my computer logs. That address is part of the state’s legislative network which makes the transmission official business only. Yet you are using your Yahoo email account.

So if this is personal using official state computers, that is a problem. And if you are doing this as official business, then I think the voters will take issue with that.. And using an email address that is not archived on behalf of a delegate.

I just want to know if I should put in a FOIA request for all of the personal business you are conducting on state computers and state internet access. Taxpayers have to pay for that you know.

Ask Chris if this is an issue. I believe it is.

And would you be available for a phone interview to discuss your use of government computers?
      Tom White recently posted…Salt and Light Council UPDATE!My Profile

5. W.S. Wright says:

It’s looking like “Nikki” may have been “Susan RiceD”?