Finally the end of the Platform (other than some Maine-related articles I am not familiar with):
There is such a document. Here is a translation of it. There are those who conspire against the US and its interests.
- Seal the border and protect US citizens along the border and everywhere, as is the prime directive of the Federal Government.
Certainly the Federal Government should seal the border to protect citizens and control immigration.
To Promote the General Welfare:
- Return to the principles of Austrian Economics, and redirect the economy back to one of incentives to save and invest.
I do endorse Austrian economics (think von Mises and Friedrich von Hayek) and so does Ron Paul. Hayek won the Nobel in economics so his ideas are mainstream if libertarian.
- Cut spending, balance the budget, and institute a plan for paying down debt. Proclaim that generational debt shifting is immoral and unconscionable and will not be tolerated!
The debt is too high; nothing controversial here.
- Pass and implement Fed bill #1207 (Introduced by Ron Paul), to Audit the Federal Reserve, as the first step in Ending the Fed.
No institution should be above accountability. This ought to be a hallmark in a constitutional republic.
- Return to transparent and honest reporting of economic statistics free of gimmicks and distortions.
- Require the government and all its agencies adhere to the same GAAP accounting rules that businesses must follow.
This seems reasonable enough. Enough accounting gimmicks.
- Restore the provisions of welfare reform removed with the stimulus bill.
The Gingrich-Clinton welfare reform bill was a major accomplishment of that era.
- Defeat Cap and Trade, investigate collusion between government and industry in the global warming myth, and prosecute any illegal collusion.
That is exactly what OUR attorney general is doing – investigating allegations of scientific fraud. Although liberals and the acaqdemy don’t like it, its not a controversial idea.
- Freeze current stimulus funds, prohibit any further stimulus bills, and apply all unspent funds towards the debt they created.
Nothing unusual about this either.
- Promote energy independence aggressively by removing the obstacles created by government to allow private development of our resources; natural gas, oil, coal, and nuclear power.
Energy independence is a worthy goal.
- Institute Zero based budgeting on all programs.
This was a Carter era slogan. I would go further than that: Do real cuts where you can.
- Espouse and follow the principle: It is immoral to steal the property rightfully earned by one person, and give it to another who has no claim or right to its benefits.
Taxation certainly is the cost to pay for a civilized society. We must pay our taxes. But it can get out of hand. Too much of a welfare state can be something like theft.
- Clarify that healthcare is not a right. It is a service. As a compassionate society we will aid those in need. However, the government takeover of healthcare is not only unconstitutional, but detrimental to the entire healthcare system. Only market based solutions will solve the problems.
Health care is not a right but a service. We should encourage free market principles.
If you listened to the left, this is a radical document. It seems to be mostly common sense. May others examine freely the Maine GOP Platform and pursue its principles to save the Republic! God bless the United States!