What Obama Wants From Your Kids on Tuesday

Oh, just a little pep talk. Wink. Wink.

Not really going to indoctrinate them. He just wants to teach your children to like him, and respect him, and when they are 18, vote for Democrats. And the Union Teachers will go along. Here is what will happen if Obama and Teachers are allowed to do this.

Tom is a US Navy Veteran, owns an Insurance Agency and is currently an IT Manager for a Virginia Distributor. He has been published in American Thinker, currently writes for the Richmond Examiner as well as Virginia Right! Blog. Tom lives in Hanover County, Va and is involved in politics at every level and is a Recovering Republican who has finally had enough of the War on Conservatives in progress with the Leadership of the GOP on a National Level.

20 Responses to “What Obama Wants From Your Kids on Tuesday”

1. Bigvinu says:

The Public School system in America today is not that good. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Take it from someone still in it, it needs reform. If a message to stay in school for the President of the United States can't get some people motivated, I don't know what will. I think the President has every right to energize the nations schools.

Note: I think the White House is pre-releasing the remarks on Monday for anyone parents to look at.

And I don't take sham in the fact that I respect the President of the United States. Same with George W. Bush. Same with Barack Obama. Same with the next guy. He's the President of our country.

2. Bigvinu says:

In some places it is very good, in others, poor. I graduated from High School in 1972. The schools in the 60's and 70's were far more disciplined. You couldn't get by with anything. I went to VCU and I doubt things have changed much, except the hair and clothes. I have a son that just graduated from Lee Davis and a daughter that started her last year at CNU and is off to Med School next year.
    I think the fear is that President Obama will push his agenda on the school children. It conjures up visions of the 30's and 40's. And even the not so distant past where Saddam Hussein forced the kids to almost worship him.
    It is no secret that President Obama has a very Socialist-like agenda. And many of us think the country has gone too far and we need to get it back in line with our Constitution.
    Admittedly, some of this may be unnecessary fear, but a people who trust the government without question are in deep trouble. Governments are liberty vacuums. Always on and the people must keep a balance, or the liberty will be gone.
    This was (rightly) questioned under Bush, and it is right to question it with Obama. We have never had a president that pulled the country so far one way or the other. The US is like a giant supertanker. (Being a Navy vet, I like Maritime analogies). Small course corrections don't cause problems, but when you pull the rudder all the way left or right, catastrophe ensues.
    Parents are right to be on guard, and I would probably request that my kids, if younger, not be subjected to such an unprecedented event without my full and complete advance knowledge.
    My sister has her 10 year old in Christian school and this is not going to happen there.
    Many have called the county, the school board and their supervisor with concerns. Obama has lost the trust of a lot of people, much like Bush did. We simply don't trust the he will not try to push his Health Care, Cap and Trade or Card Check, or any of the other unpopular and costly programs he is planning to push through.

He had a lot of trust in January. That has declined and is pretty much confined within the Democratic Party. And I say that is a direct result of his inexperience and lack of leadership skills.

5. Bigvinu says:

Well, I think the K-12 System is very lagging, especially in Virginia. But, the thing is, I don't see what people are worried is going to happen. Are we afraid that all of the children in Public School systems are too dumb and stupid to understand what happens in the world that the President is going to gain total control over them?

It's called indoctrination. And K-12 is when they are most impressionable. Conservatives are either going to keep their kids home, or the school will allow those that object to do their work elsewhere. Making posters and coming up with the 3 most important words in Obama's speech are suffested activities after the speech. Can you honestly not call this indoctrination? I mentioned my sister's kid that is in Christian school does not have to worry about it. She told me her friend asked her to pick up her child, who is bi-racial, same as Obama, because she does not want him to be indoctrinated.

Obama's partisanship has so divided the country that he is not trusted to avoid injecting his leftist, Socialist opinions into any discussion – especially with our kids.

8. Bigvinu says:

But, the White House is pre-releasing remarks on Monday to anyone that wants to look them over before their kids view it. Also, most kids in the K-12 system have already been brainwashed in liberalism/conservatism by their parents. The remaining either don't care, or care but don't have rigid ideology. One speech doesn't change those divisions.

I found this especially frustrating in Civics class. As an exercise in Political Campaigns, classes were broken into campaigns. One class being the Democratic Campaign, one the Republican. Goal: Get your candidate elected. Period. It was especially hard working with teh Democrats because there were already people that had "democrat" or "republican" engraved in their head so much by their parents that it meant all votes were practically decided by the first week.

But some states are working hard to beat parental values out of our kids.

It's great that Obama is releasing the text. But on Monday? If there is anything objectionable, the only option is to keep the kid home. That may be hard for some to do, with work and all. There will be no time to have a discussion with the school, school board, or local administrator to provide for kids to skip the video.

Now I don't have a problem with kids opting out of the non essential school stuff, like this, or saying the pledge, etc. Choice is a good thing, right?

10. pat says:

"When an opponent declares, "I will not come over to your side," I calmly say, "Your child belongs to us already… What are you? You will pass on. Your descendants, however, now stand in the new camp. In a short time they will know nothing else but this new community."
    – Adolph Hitler

11. pat says:

– Adolph Hitler

12. Bigvinu says:

So I guess Reagan, Bush Sr. and Obama are all cut from the same fascist cloth then?

13. pat says:

The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war.

— Bill St. Clair

14. pat says:

— Bill St. Clair

15. Pat says:

"How fortunate for leaders that men do not think."
    – Adolf Hitler

16. Pat says:

"How fortunate for leaders that men do not think."
    – Adolf Hitler