Categorized | Opinion, Satire and Humor

Coffee Party = Communist Obama Freeloading Friends Expanding Entitlements

So the liberals took the T.E.A. party idea, which stands for Taxed Enough Already and decided to co-opt the symbolism (in a way only a liberal can) and have a Coffee Party, which received generous amounts of coverage from the Lame Stream Media. Or, in the case of MSNBC, the Multimedia Tabloids.

Coffee must be an acronym for something, right? Why not call it what it really is?

Communist Obama Freeloading Friends Expanding Entitlements.

That is all they are doing, right?

Or perhaps they are just smoking something. Coffee pot perhaps?

Are these morons still in high school?

Tom is a US Navy Veteran, owns an Insurance Agency and is currently an IT Manager for a Virginia Distributor. He has been published in American Thinker, currently writes for the Richmond Examiner as well as Virginia Right! Blog.

Tom lives in Hanover County, Va and is involved in politics at every level and is a Recovering Republican who has finally had enough of the War on Conservatives in progress with the Leadership of the GOP on a National Level.

26 Responses to “Coffee Party = Communist Obama Freeloading Friends Expanding Entitlements”

1. Mike says:

Great name for the Coffee crew. You got me beat, big time.

2. Jay says:

Teabaggers, go fuck yourselves.

3. mark Reardon says:

Tom, Jay is simply a Teabagee. You gotta ecxpect them to need to spit something out.

4. AP says:

My initial impression of the coffee party is a movement towards voter ownership of their government and civil discussions about issues that face our country. Instead of angry ranting, the intent is to try mobilizing voters to enact change in the ineffective leadership.
    “Every country has the government it deserves.”
    I know this division that the pundits on boths sides cultivate makes them more relevent and popular, but it hurts our nation. Its time to stop fighting about differences and focus on what we can agree on.

• Tom White says:

Well, the “Coffee” party is not a “movement”. It was started by Annabel Park, an Obama Campaign worker and former employee of the New York Times. It is nothing more than a nod to the effectiveness of the TEA party movement, and a show of frustration at the mounting power of grassroots, a phenomenon the Progressives thought they owned.

The Coffee party is a group of people attempting to defend the indefensible. It is not a “grassroots” movement and will soon fizzle out. THIS is truly astro-turf.

5. AP says:

“Let us trust God, and our better judgment to set us right hereafter. United we stand, divided we fall. Let us not split into factions which must destroy that union upon which our existence hangs.”

Patrick Henry

• Tom White says:

FYI – the TEA party is trusting God and their own better judgment. When a rabid few insist on jumping over a cliff, our better judgment tells us it is time to split into factions to survive. In this case, our existence hangs on our ability to stop the destruction of the country by progressives.

Nearly 70% think the Health Care bills should be scrapped and we should start over. Exactly who do you see as the ones splintering the Union? The majority, or the 30% that have lost their minds?

You should take Henry’s advice.

• AP says:

Could you please specify to which poll you are referring?
        Also, I am taking the advice of Henry. You plainly stated we should split into factions which is contrary to this quote’s intent.
        Time will tell if the coffe party movement will take hold or not. It is no secret that a divided nation is weaker that a united one. Standing toe to toe yelling at each other won’t accomplish anything. This cultivation of fear and division is shameful.
        There is always a minority group who feels unrepresented in this 2 party system. The majority of Americans voted for the representation we have in Washington now. Let’s talk about how to fix it.
        -Term limits- #1 in my opinion
        -Campaign finance reform
        -Line item veto
        -Transparency
        Any commonalities here?

• Tom White says:

A number of polls came in around 70% for Start Over + Do Nothing when given the options Pass Obama Care, Start over, or do nothing. Google it yourself so you can pick one you trust.

“The majority of Americans voted for the representation we have in Washington now.”

-Term limits- #1 in my opinion
          There is also the down side of term limits. Right now, the only thing that Republicans have to hold over the Democrats’ heads IS a loss at the polls. That is the only reason the Blue Dogs didn’t vote for Health Care. It is a 2 way street. Lame duck presidents do some stupid things because they are no longer accountable.

-Campaign finance reform
          Not needed. What happens when Corporations take officials on expensive junkets? Ask Charlie Rangel. Right now, businesses and corporations are so upset with Obama they are willing to pay Republicans all kinds of money to get rid of him. Another 2 way street. And this will help bring jobs back.
          -Line item veto
          Already ruled unconstitutional. And for a good reason. When Congress makes deals to get legislation passed, it usually involves compromise. Although the blatant bribes going on are the exception, but if a Republican president were to line item veto all of the things put in to get Democrat’s to support it, that could get ugly.
          -Transparency
          Agreed on this one.
          Any commonalities here?

As to the Coffee “about us”, that is a load of crap. You simply cannot create a group and declare it grassroots. What Obama HAD in 2008 was true grassroots. People banded together because they did not like the way things were going with Bush. Grassroots develops to change a situation. The “Coffee” support group exists to support Obama and the Progressive viewpoint.

And their statement on “diversity” is a sure sign, what with “diversity” being the opposite of unity.

These same people were all Bush bashers, and still are. They did not support the majority opinion until they became a majority. And the support will go away when they are once again a minority.

As to diversity, they are all Democrats. Progressives at that. You believe more government fixes everything.

You are willing to take Obama at his word that this Health Care bill will reduce the deficit and don’t even stop to question the fact that his math taxes for 10 years for 6 years worth of benefits. He does not say how $500 billion will be saved from Medicare – which is already broke.

Coffee is a feeble minded attempt to put together an astro-turf movement and pretend the people are serious about anything but pushing a progressive agenda.

And if you truly believe this is something real, I would suggest that you go talk to Cindy Sheehan. She, too, believed the Democrats. She thought they were actually telling her the truth.

It is all about power and money with the progressives. There is no compromise. There is no possible working with these people who are in it for themselves. But don’t think they don’t appreciate the useful idiots they use on their adventure. They are VERY grateful right up until they no longer need you. Then you are thrown under the bus.

Good luck with all that. But it is a lie and a waste of time.

• AP says:

Any poll using those keywords reveal their source. When I Google health care reform bill polls, the number is in the mid fifties.

“Excuse me? The majority of Americans were told Obama would end the wars, create jobs, fix health care, fix the economy, bring bipartisanship to Washington, drain the “swamp” of corruption, balance the budget and be open and honest about it. That is what people voted for, and that is NOT what we got.”
            End wars: withdrawing from Iraq. I know, it was made possible by the surge. No arguements from me. The same strategy is being used in Afghanistan. You should approve, no?
            Creat jobs: been in office 1 year. After inheriting an economy that just suffered a massive, global collapse, is that enough time to turn it around?
            Fix health care: at least an attempt is being made. I never heard of anyone accomplishing anything without trying.
            Fix the economy: please refer to job response.
            Bipartisanship: not with career polititions we have in Washington now.
            Swamp drainage: ditto
            Balanced budget and honesty: ditto
            What WE voted for: really? we? I struggle to imagine you voted with the majority in the last national election.

Term Limits: I can only hope that once re-election is no longer the foremost thought on our representatives’ minds, the benefit of the nation will become the top priority. Any “incentives” by special interests won’t have a re-election fund to pour into so they would have to be a bit more direct and there are consequences for accepting those. Career politions are THE problem.

Your comment on diversity being the opposite of unity is lame (and revealing) If we all have to be the same to be unified then we are truly screwed.

Cindy Sheehan: She is adamately anti-war and she has certainly earned her right to say so. Obama never promised to immediately withdraw troops wholesale from conflict. He did promise to dedicate the resources required in Afghanistan to achieve the mission. I don’t see the betrayal.

It’s common knowledge that money and power mean nothing to the Right. Come on man. Calling concerned citizens who want to improve their country idiots is shameful (and a violation of your #4 liberal arguing tactic). The same language is being used against Tea Party membership and I doubt you approve. We need to think before we speak lest we be seen as fools (and hypocrites). We need to see each other as fellow citizens and not the enemy.

6. AP says:

Thought I’d cut and paste the coffee party’s explanation of itself:

About Us
    Tue, 2010-02-23 17:43 — pcoughlin
    We are diverse — ethnically, geographically, politically, in age and in experience.

We are 100% grassroots. No lobbyists here. No pundits. And no hyper-partisan strategists calling the shots in this movement. We are a spontaneous and collective expression of our desire to forge a culture of civic engagement that is solution-oriented, not blame-oriented.

We demand a government that responds to the needs of the majority of its citizens as expressed by our votes and by our voices; NOT corporate interests as expressed by misleading advertisements and campaign contributions.

We want a society in which democracy is treated as sacrosanct and ordinary citizens participate out of a sense of civic duty, civic pride, and a desire to contribute to society. The Coffee Party is a call to action. Our Founding Fathers and Mothers gave us an enduring gift — Democracy — and we must use it to meet the challenges that we face as a nation.

7. AP says:

End wars: withdrawing from Iraq. I know, it was made possible by the surge. No arguments from me. The same strategy is being used in Afghanistan. You should approve, no?
    Create jobs: been in office 1 year. After inheriting an economy that just suffered a massive, global collapse, is that enough time to turn it around?
    Fix the economy: please refer to job response.
    Bipartisanship: not with career politicians we have in Washington now.
    Swamp drainage: ditto
    Balanced budget and honesty: ditto

Term Limits: I can only hope that once re-election is no longer the foremost thought on our representatives’ minds, the benefit of the nation will become the top priority. Any “incentives” by special interests won’t have a re-election fund to pour into so they would have to be a bit more direct and there are consequences for accepting those. Career positions are THE problem.

Your comment on diversity being the opposite of unity is lame (and revealing). If we all have to be the same to be unified then we are truly screwed.

Cindy Sheehan: She is adamantly anti-war and she has certainly earned her right to say so. Obama never promised to immediately withdraw troops wholesale from conflict. He did promise to dedicate the resources required in Afghanistan to achieve the mission. I don’t see the betrayal.

• Tom White says:

Here is one http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/020510_health_care_web.pdf Start over plus do nothing = 70%. Pass Obamacare – 23%

You missed my point. You said a majority voted for these policies. My point is, agree or disagree with the policies, Obama has not done what he was elected to do. How can you say a majority won when he has failed to keep every promise? They were duped.

The economy suffered a collapse for one reason. Too much debt. Bush and the Democrats spent more than the economy could absorb and increased the debt. Obama has compounded the problem. Bush inherited a recession and had 9/11 on top of the recession. We pulled out and recovered in short order. We are still hemorrhaging jobs at this point and it will not recover in Obama’s term.

Cindy Sheehan was told by the Democrats that if they gain control – the wars will end. Then they laughed at her, as I do. Another useful idiot spit out by the Democratic lie machine.

Term limits are a two edged sword. When a politician is worried about reelection, he is more likely to do what the majority of the people want him to do. When he is term limited, the lame duck year he need only look out for himself.

My comment on diversity is only intended to highlight your obsession with it. I really don’t care where people are from or what color they are. In my mind, unity transcends diversity. But there are limits to what reasonable people can unify around. Our difference is that I support smaller FEDERAL government, with the State and Local governments taking a larger role. You seem to prefer a massive government that is allowed to control our lives because they know better.

When we have a basic philosophical difference in what IS an improvement in our country, there is no common ground. For instance, we both consider quality Health Care a basic human right. Where we seem to differ is the I don’t believe the taxpayers or the government should pay for my Health Care. And neither should the wealthy, unless I happen to work for them and it is part of my compensation.

And as far as Insurance, I own an Insurance Agency, so I do have a modicum of expertise in the field. And I can tell you, what Obama and the Democrats are attempting is single payer with incremental implementation. And they are playing with the numbers and telling lies about the impact of this.

I heard today that the “average” family pays $1100 per year in additional premium for people that receive medical care without insurance. I have no way of knowing if that is true or not, but if I accept it as a fact, please tell me how expanding medicare and medicaid to include these “uninsured” is going to save me money. They still pay little or nothing, and my insurance go up because the losses are passed on to me. The only difference is, instead of the uninsured using the medical facilities for major things, they now are entitled to go to an emergency room for the sniffles, and I must now wait longer to see a doctor for more serious issues. And what happens when providers refuse Medicare patients? Do we then pass a law forcing them to accept them at a loss?

This “do something even if it is wrong” mentality coupled with a belief that others must pay for your health care is totally wrong. These people are freeloaders, plain and simple. I have no problem helping the down and out, but I have no interest in making that a lifestyle, which is where we are. And headed for more.

I inherited a great country. As a baby-boomer, I was taught the values of the “greatest generation”. This was a country where ANYONE could make it. All it took was hard work. We now have the progressives that believe they know better than anyone else. That they are smarter and we are all idiots. And I see the future of government dependency they wish to thrust upon the country. And it will not stand. I simply cannot go gentle into that good night. Mine is not the rage Dylan Thomas speaks of, but rather the determination to leave the light he speaks of for my children and grandchildren.

A fundamental and radical change is being sought by Obama and the Progressives that will forever change what it means to be an American. The death of the American Spirit is at hand.

What you seek is personal comfort today at the expense of your own children and grandchildren. You are willing to allow future generations to pay for your “right” to visit a doctor for your sniffles, or even a more serious ailment. This is as selfish as anything I have ever seen. Did you ever stop to think that what you call “making the country better” is simply deferring your debt to future generations?

I cannot live with the possibility of doing that. I see the financial insolvency of Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and pretty much every government social program in existence. Even the Post office! You are willing to believe that “this time it will be different”. And we take money from these already broken programs.

I am sorry. I say the government is full of it. This will be another massive entitlement that will pile up debt until we can pile up no more. Then the taxes come. I may not be around for that, but I am not willing to allow the pain I am sure will come – to happen.

So, go ahead. Convince yourself that the government will REALLY save us money this time. Believe that 10 years of taxes to support 6 years of benefits is sustainable. Convince yourself that it is really a good thing to provide insurance coverage for people that do not want it, or are unwilling to work for it, and allowing your children and grandchildren to pick up the tab.

If you are 100% convinced that, despite the abysmal financial history of government programs, this one will cover more people, save us money and reduce the debt, and pay doctors adequate compensation for the decade or more of schooling it takes, and allow medical advances to continue at the present rate, then go ahead and support it.

But you will have to pardon my characterization of people that believe in this as idiots. But I am not name calling for name calling’s sake. I am simply stating a fact.

8. AP says:

Sorry for double post. Had problems submitting.

A Fox News Poll? I guess I should refer to a MSNBC poll and expect you to give it credibility.

You say Bush and the Democrats, but weren’t Republicans in control of both houses from 2000-2006? I don’t argue that spending is an addiction both sides share, but don’t misrepresent the facts. It’s an across the board issue. Balanced Budget Amendment anyone?

With term limits the hope is to attract representatives interested in civic duty and not a long wallow in American royalty. Have we come to a point where we assume our leaders will be corrupt if given the chance? Isn’t that an opinion we reserve for places like Haiti or Sudan?

I am not obsessed with diversity. I do recognize that it is a matter of fact that, by it’s nature, this country is diverse and any solution must accept that.

If you are going to throw around figures like that $1100.00, you need to state your sources.
    I hear a lot of things, but I like to verify lest I seem the fool. There is a wealth of information at this link: http://www.kff.org/uninsured/upload/The-Cost-of-Care-for-the-Uninsured-What-Do-We-Spend-Who-Pays-and-What-Would-Full-Coverage-Add-to-Medical-Spending.pdf. Browse the site.

Using your figure, universal coverage would lower an average family’s premium by $1100.00 a year minus whatever cost comes from reform. I almost wish it were accurate.

You mock health care reform yet we pay 17.6% of our GDP on these expenses (2009) with jaw dropping increases that never end. The next closest nation is at 11% (with the horrifying socialized variety). The per capita expenditure on health care has gone from $2566 (11% GDP) in 1990 to $8160 (17.6%) in 2009. Project that graph off a couple more decades. Let’s just go to 2018: $13,100 (20.3%). Health insurance premiums have increased 119% since 1990. That’s quadruple the inflation rate (29%) and over triple wage growth (34%). It takes consumer spending to revive the economy, but there is less to go around every year. When a family pays as much for health insurance as they do for their mortgage ($13,375.00 = $185,000 30 yr mortgage at 6%), how much is left to drive the economy?

All of these uninsured free-loaders you complain about don’t typically hit the system until they have no choice. This makes their treatment expensive and large-scale. Had they had access to routine health care, many would never need the expensive care to treat avoidable conditions. The emergency rooms would be a lot less crowded for sure.

You keep saying “free-loader” and “others paying”. You assume I’m impoverished? I haven’t seen any proposal that would provide me free health care.

I never said I wanted anyone to pay my way. Being self-employed I have experienced the abuse we hear about in testimonials. I had a $1000.00 deductible which I used up on a shoulder injury and my premium doubled the next month. I didn’t spend a penny of Golden Rule’s coverage, but the mere possibility of it doubled my bill. My idea of reform is much more radical. I think all healthy Americans who are tired of being victimized should boycott the system and leave it with only the sick and injured. It wouldn’t take long for change then. There wouldn’t be a demand for reform if so many ticks hadn’t sucked so much blood from the health care dollar. I would gladly pay a fair price for a good product. I won’t pay a ridiculous price for an inferior product. That is my right as a consumer and how free markets are supposed to work.

I’m no fan of big government. When there is no recourse for citizens to protect themselves, they are left with no other choice. Maximum profit is the purpose of business. When you mix that formula with health care and then throw in a huge pool of cash (health insurance), what do you expect? You get what we got. It may be better to do nothing and let the whole thing collapse.

Health care figures from Kaiser Family Foundatiion. http://www.kff.org/insurance/upload/7692_02.pdf

• Tom White says:

See rule #7, which is why I told you to google it yourself. There are others.

Balanced Budget Amendment I support 100%. And when I said Bush, my implications included the Republicans. Especially 2005 and 2006 when Republicans were in control.

Your insurance story is interesting and, I think, either bogus or you omitted some facts. Your premiums cannot “jump” unless the policy renewed. It is a contract. Usually 1 year. They cannot change the contract until it renews. I think it more likely that your policy renewed and the price increase was due to that.

If you are saying that you had a claim and the insurance company hiked your rates mid term, then you need to contact the State Insurance Commission for your state. They cannot do that.

And just so you know, most insurers pay out more in claims than they collect in premiums. Let me say that again: most insurers pay out more in claims than they collect in premiums. It is called an underwriting loss.

They make their money by investing the premiums in safe investments. States require a certain level of liquidity to pay claims and they are watched closely.

How does the government do Medicare? They take in premiums and taxes, pull out a large cut for administrative costs and pay claims with the remainder. Never making a dime in interest or investing any of it.

With insurance companies, the money in is multiplied. Not so with the government.

We are attacking the symptom – not the disease. Health Care premiums are high because medical costs are high. We need to focus on the high costs.

Ironically, you focus on how much you pay per month. Do you have any idea why insurance companies have “pre existing” clauses? Because people don’t want to pay for a bunch of already ill individuals taking money out of their pool.

I usually receive an advisory pulling my binding authority prior to a hurricane or major storm for Auto policies. And I get dozens of calls from people that want to start a policy when a weather event is imminent. They could take the new people, but claims will rise substantially. And most of these people will cancel their policies after the storm, leaving the long time customers to pay the bill.

I also have to check for pre-existing damage before covering a vehicle. And I have had people try to buy insurance after an accident.

I also have people complain that their insurance went up on renewal and they only had one accident. I don’t know about you, but when I see that this guy paid $3,000 over 2 years, and the company paid out $100,000 – a $10 monthly increase on renewal is not bad.

There is a lot we can do to reduce medical costs, but Obama only wants to go after insurance companies. Because he sees them as the enemy of single payer.

I believe that $1100 was quoted by Evan Bayh on one of the Sunday morning talk shows – the one with Lindsay Graham. Face the Nation? This is also figure Obama has used. But the actual number was not the point. Those of us with insurance pay something to cover the uninsured, no doubt. But adding more people to Medicare will not make the uninsured less expensive, they now have insurance and even though they pay little or nothing, we still pick up the slack.

I don’t need figures to tell me Health Care is broken. But defensive medicine, unnecessary tests that are often ordered for patients with insurance to help subsidize money losing payments from Medicare and Medicaid are a huge issue. In these instances we pay a very high price for government intervention and court rulings.

For instance, heart burn or heart attack? If doctors had a set of guidelines that call for an EKG and a blood enzyme test to diagnose the problem and afford them protection from lawsuits, there will be no need for a battery of tests done solely to defend against a potential lawsuit.

But the trial lawyers don’t want that.

We need to control the cost at the service level, not the payment level.

And I didn’t mean to say you were a freeloader. But there are many out there that want and expect free, or cheap insurance and want someone else to pay.

They are freeloaders.

It only takes time to recover when Democrats get in the way.

The coffee party is a lie. Plain and simple. The gig is up on that.

Have a look at this video. These are nothing but left wing hate mongers looking for a handout.

10. AP says:

They definitely lack organization, but I don’t see anything damning there. Shall I find a vid of a Tea Party meeting that reflects them in a bad light? Do you think there are some of those out there? When centrists get together it’s always a bit chaotic because their values are so diverse. That has always been the weakness of the middle. These are groups from all over the country. You might find one that is to the left and another to the right in the same town. If they fail, that will be the cause. The common ground is a desire to be constructive, civil, and involved.

Can’t help but notice: yet another post on an irrelavent movement.

11. Howard says:

I wish there were more sites like this. Very informative and enjoyable.

12. AP says:

Your continued attention to the Coffee Party Movement contradicts your claims of it’s irrelevence. It betrays your true concern that people will gravitate away from your hateful brand of discussion to a more productive option.
    P.S.
    Unemployment at end of 2009: 10%
    Unemployment rate at end of 1980: 7.2%
    Unemployment at end of 1982: 10.8%
    Source: United States Dept. of Labor
    Who was the President that made claims about job creation during his election run in 1980?
    Was he a liar?

Not sure what historical polls have to do with anything. We are concentrating on the problem at hand.

“Your continued attention to the Coffee Party Movement contradicts your claims of it’s irrelevence.”

Quite the opposite. It exposes the fraud from you Obama supporters. And I might ask, if the “Coffee” movement was so relevant, why would you care what I publish.

14. AP says:

I know history is irrelevant unless it supports your views. You claim this President is a failure on jobs even though a conservative hero had a worse record a year deeper into his first term and that’s hypocrisy. It demonstrate that it takes time for a damaged economy to recover.

I care when disinformation is disguised as fact.
    I care when someone propagates division.
    I care when the only thing you produce is fear and negativity.
    I’m not even active in the Coffee Party yet. I appreciate the ideals they claim to embrace. You want to throw out the Obama campaign connection to the founder, but you dismiss the intentions of those attracted by the message. If I go to a meeting and its a leftist free-for-all, I’m gone.
    I find it illuminating that the far right mouthpieces are making such an effort to define this group before people find out for themselves.

15. AP says:

P.S. Those figures aren’t polls. They are historical data.
    Facts.

1. […] over the place.Next thing you know, W will come out with “De Cider” party.Update II: VA Right has a good one. var addthis_pub='smitty1e';var addthis_language='en';var addthis_options='twitter, […]

2. […] Total Failure By Tom White, on March 14th, 2010, at 11:37 am As I noted in my post from 3/3/2010 (The Coffee Party = Communist Obama Freeloading Friends Expanding Entitlements), the “Coffee Party” is a totally contrived Party of sour grapes liberals who see the […]