My friend Doug Ross has a great post up. Barack Obama has discovered a new presidential power – making laws by presidential decree. Just like the Kings used to do, or Dictators still do today. Obama enacts amnesty, bypassing Congress, and the Democrats and the Mainstream Media go along with him.
Ok. So I guess Mitt Romney will be able to do the same now that Obama has set this precedent. We can’t wait!
Here are Doug’s top 10:
Where’s the uproar from old media? Are they letting Americans know that we have a true ”Imperial President”, who repeatedly defies the restrictions placed upon him by the Constitution? Of course not.
Because of their bizarre worldview, old media will now get to watch — and keep their pieholes shut about – the following Executive Orders that President Romney can and should write.
10. Eradicate all restrictions on oil drilling on federal lands - order the Department of the Interior to cease enforcement activity preventing oil and gas exploration and drilling on federal lands.
9. Restrict distribution of food stamps to only the bottom 3 percent of U.S. citizens ranked by income - order the Agriculture Department to reduce distribution of food stamps to only legal citizens whose tax returns indicate that they are in the bottom 3 percent of wage-earners in the country.
8. Strip all minimum fuel efficiency standards for automakers - order the Department of Transportation to cease enforcement of all CAFE standards.
7. Kill the Estate Tax - order the IRS to cease enforcement of penalties related to non-payment of Estate Taxes.
6. Not enforce ‘Financial Reform’ - instruct the Treasury Department and other regulators to cease all fines, levies, and regulations related to the controversial Dodd-Frank legislation.
5. Strip federal payments to teachers’ unions - order the Department of Education to cease any activities that provide funds that could help pay teachers’ salaries and, thus, union dues.