Categorized | Featured, Opinion

Trump Doesn’t Have to be Conservative, Humble or Polite to Fix America

DonaldIn most elections I find myself gravitating to the most Conservative candidate. I have supported Conservatives for every level of office. Sometimes my pick wins, sometimes not.

Now I don’t fall for that “most Conservative that can win” claptrap. That is a dog whistle call for a RINO. They believe that chasing after the Democrats to remain “centrist” is the way to win and keep office. And they are now well past the point the entire Democratic Party was a couple of decades ago.

I think all of my Conservative friends today would gladly follow a leader who said “Ask not what your country can do for you…”. JFK, if he were alive today would no doubt be branded a far right Tea Party whack job by the Media and the Democrats. Today’s Democrats say “Ask what we can do for you we are not already doing”. And the RINO’s are reaching across the imperceptible aisle to be just like them. Only less.

But the biggest reason I work to elect Conservatives is that they are less likely to be completely compromised by big money. It is rare when even the most Conservative of politicians does not succumb to the enticing call of the US Chamber of Commerce and Wall Street with the long number of zeros on the checks they dangle in front of their eyes. A candidate that is Conservative will still be compromised, but not to the extent of, say, Eric Cantor. He became quite adroit in the art of illusion. And there are a lot more examples. $19 trillion worth to be exact.

Conservatives bend, lesser men break to the wiles and seduction of the Almighty Dollar, and the strings that come with it.

When I looked at the field of candidates running for President on the GOP side, I immediately cast off all of them but Cruz. Ben Carson never seemed to have what I was looking for and being a Computer and IT guy Carly Fiorina was someone I remember from HP. A definite no.

And I also wrote off Donald Trump. I even think I wrote a snarky blog post about him not being a serious candidate and expected him to flirt with the idea of running for attention.

But an unexpected thing happened in the midst of Trump’s successful flirtation with the prospect of running and announcing he was, indeed, running. Now I do not believe for one second Donald Trump ever expected he would be leading the GOP field by large margins for 9 months running. And I do not think Trump walked into his first rally, or which ever rally it was, with a prepared strategy. But something happened on the stage that day. Something happened to the crowd, but more importantly, something happened to Donald Trump.

He said we would build a wall. And the crowd exploded with applause and cheers. I think that was the defining moment when Trump found the pulse of an America that has been battered and abused by the government. By both parties. He realized that America was mad as hell and was looking for someone to lead them into not taking it anymore.

And that was the beginning of Trump’s strategy that coincided with the decline of Jeb Bush and dashed the hopes of RINO’s everywhere that had counted on the fact that it was theigen-stonewall-jackson-1ar turn to take over the screwing of America. To most people caught in the middle, the Republicans and the Democrats have been playing a tag team match and the American People were the victims.

I imagine that the day Stonewall Jackson earned his nickname was the same type of moment. “There stands General Jackson like a stone wall. Rally behind the Virginians!”

So a man who has perfected the New York persona – loud, narcissistic, pompous, arrogant – and more – stood head and shoulders above the politicians and poked the establishment in the eye. And the nose and eventually the gut. I imagine that as the platform moved from an accidental off the cuff “build the wall” statement to the current list of populist grievances, no one was more surprised at this than Trump. He found the pulse of a large swath of the formerly silent majority and they are angry with where America has gone. They are furious at the loss of freedom and they blame the Republicans who promised to fix it. And failed. Hell, they never even tried.

Trump is, I truly believe, the accidental candidate. The most unlikely front runner. And the man that scares the hell out of Republicans, Democrats and the Media. But is surrounded by masses of adoring fans. And the energy is real. And the anticipation is unlike anything I have ever seen in the political world. I had the opportunity to speak at a Trump rally in Manassas Va a few weeks ago and the crowd was alive. And when Donald Trump finally arrived, Elvis would have been impressed with the reaction.

And when you add in the fact that Donald Trump is self funding, and 100% immune to corrupt influences and slavery of big money, how could anyone who cares about America not support Donald Trump? Is it his New York Persona? His New York Values?

If you were to sit down and make a list of what you want the next President to accomplish, what would you write?

Well, here is my list:

• Stop nation building and constant wars. These countries are not ready nor are they compatible with Democracy. And America today is no shining example of Democracy anyway.
  • Our military has become a joke under Obama. We are weak and ill prepared.
  • Let’s have a foreign policy built on strength instead of leading from behind.
  • Terrorists belong in Gitmo. Not the US court system.
  • Stop the currency manipulation from China.
  • Treat OPEC like an organized crime mob. An oil cartel is no different than a drug cartel.
  • Secure the freaking border. Build a wall. And enforce the laws already on the books.
  • Repeal Obamacare and replace it with a well thought out plan and limit lawsuits.
  • Fix the out of control spending.
  • But take care of our people and keep the promises of Medicare and Social Security.
  • Reform welfare (again). The reforms from the Clinton Administration are gone and we have massively increased welfare.
  • Climate Change is a hoax. Kill it.
  • Common Core should be scrapped.
  • Stop funding abortionists
  • Leave my guns the hell alone.
  • Let states decide who can marry whom.
  • Stop refugees until we can properly vet them. Better yet, kill ISIS and send them all home.
  • Protect Christianity. Jews and Christians are being killed all over the world by Muslims. That MUST stop.
  • Make Political Correctness politically incorrect.
  • Jobs. We need jobs, jobs and jobs. Bring them back!

FixItThere are more, but this is enough to start on. This is what Trump plans to do. America has told him that we need these things fixed. Donald Trump has a long career of solving problems and making money. Under budget and ahead of schedule.

When Trump said most of these things, many in the GOP and the media said that he was done. He crossed the line. But his poll numbers rose with each line.

And the detractors are screaming from every corner. So, just for the record, I will set things straight.

• I don’t care if Trump gave money to Hillary, Harry Reid, Pelosi or whoever. He didn’t give them money to help them, he gave to help himself and his business. Purely selfish reasons. He buys politicians. That is good business. NOw I would take issue with his donations if I thought he wanted to help people like Pelosi and Hillary.
  • I don’t care if Trump is not very Conservative. I don’t need him to be conservative, just fix the things on my list. Big money is not going to own him.
  • I don’t care if Trump is not a good Christian. I’m not saying he is not, I wouldn’t make that judgement. But he understands that Christians and Jews are under siege and he plans to put a stop to it. His relationship with God is between him and Him.
  • I don’t care if Trump has New York Values. I don’t even know what that means. Just fix the stuff on my list.
  • I don’t care if Trump is rude, crude and socially unacceptable. Just fix the stuff on my list.
  • I don’t care if you call me or Trump a racist, nativist, xenophobe, homophobe, or jerk. Just fix the stuff on my list.
  • I don’t care if Trump is in favor of eminent domain. He believes the land owners should be well compensated. You can’t build the Keystone Pipeline without it. But it is not something a president would use. Just fix the stuff on my list.

So for all of the people who support some other candidate and can’t figure why us Trump supporters don’t give a rip about all those reasons you keep tossing out expecting us to run away from Trump, I don’t care. We don’t care.

The list. Remember?

And then there is that little issue of the Republicans lying to us again and again and again. The reason Trump, Carson and Fiorina polled so well was their status as outsiders. Even Cruz gets a bit of street cred as an outsider despite his couple of years in the Senate as a Republican.

President is a completely different animal than any other office. We need as many Conservatives as possible in the House and Senate to fend off the liberals. The more the merrier. But the sad truth is, even an A+ Conservative like Dave Brat who has not allowed the Big Money puppeteers to attach their strings to his votes, they are unable to change a lot of things because they are pushed away because they do not play the game. They have a hard time raising money and are ostracized and isolated by their big money controlled colleagues. They may be Republicans, but they face a tough fight every day.

And the intent of this post is not to bash Cruz, but he can expect the same treatment if he were president as Dave Brat and the rest of the Conservatives. A President Cruz would not have to fight the Democrats nearly as hard as he would have to fight the Republicans. He called McConnell a liar on the Senate floor. McConnell is a liar, but that is one bridge Cruz has burned. Obama has found a soulmate in McConnell, Boehner and now Ryan. Cruz will find it hard to accomplish anything at all with the present makeup of Congress.

Trump, on the other hand, has given money to a lot of politicians. Left and Right. And he is a master with the press. If he had to shut down the government to implement my list, the press would trump-hatbe powerless to blame the Republicans or Trump. He simply won’t let that happen.

So you can hate Trump if you want, make fun of his hair, his religion, his New York values or anything else you want. But no one else has promised to work on my list of objectives. No one else has the proven successful track record of Trump. And no one else is able to own the press and his detractors like Donald Trump.

Which is why I say Donald Trump doesn’t have to be Conservative, Humble or Polite to Fix America.

He just has to execute the repairs. Preferably under budget and ahead of schedule.

And I truly believe Donald Trump can and will Make America Great Again!

47 Responses to “Trump Doesn’t Have to be Conservative, Humble or Polite to Fix America”

1. LIBERTY!

While I still lean toward CRUZ I must admit I do like the image of Trump on the Stump w/ a giant sword in one hand & a giant business calculator in the other & a giant American flag draped over his back.

2. Mark Meed

The essence of the piece, and the essence of Trump\’s support. I don\’t care about [fill in the blanks], \”just fix the stuff on my list.\”

What eludes the author, and an alarming number of conservatives and evangelicals, is that all those things you don\’t care about now, you will care very much about when he gets to work on a list you don\’t like. Heck, it might even be something on your list that he \”fixes\” in ways that are so extreme and unconstitutional that it will give even you pause.

Replacing THEIR strongman with OUR strongman is a distinctly European way of doing things, and it never ends well.

• Tom White says:

Unfortunately, Mark, the only other alternative is one of the other candidates who will give us more of the same. Because they are all controlled by the same big money interests that control the Democrats. And given the death spiral we are in now, staying on the same course with one of the Wall Street backed candidates will make no difference. Trump is the only one that is even promising to change things. The rest are promising ineffective tweaks. So your fear of Trump breaking something that is already broken is not an issue.
      Tom White recently posted…Late Night Political Jokes – Equal Opportunity OffendersMy Profile

• Ruff Phelps says:

Do you know of any incident or issue where Trump was constrained by anything? I don’t and yet that is exactly what the office of the president needs; voluntarily constrained by the Constitution of the United States. I fear electing a tyrant just because I agree with most of his positions. That makes me no better than an Obama supporter. There is a viable alternative.

• Mark Meed

Tom:

Thanks for the response. Since it seems important to others on this thread let me stipulate at the outset that I am in fact a Cruz supporter. It wasn’t my intention to be coy about this in my initial post, I actually didn’t think it was relevant to the subject at hand. I could be totally uncommitted to any candidate and arrive at exactly the same conclusions.

I don’t accept your premise that there are no other alternatives to Trump, or that he is the only one promising to change things. If you consider Cruz’s immigration, tax, Obamacare proposals — or that of candidates like Rubio or Paul — to be tweaks then so be it, but in the main (and I am not 100% in agreement with any of them) they are markedly more specific and rational than anything Trump has come up with. While the idea of making Mexico pay for the wall is emotionally satisfying, it is nevertheless science fiction and Trump probably knows this best.

Of greater concern to me is the underlying assumption that things are so broken that the only solution is the equivalent of calling in a fire mission on our own position. If my reading of history is correct, things can get a lot more broken using this approach.

Just to correct an omission in my original post though, I thought this was an excellent piece and have no quarrel with the issues you outlined. Our lists more or less align. I just respectfully disagree on who should work it, and how.

• Shadi says:

Not Cruz! He has proven, time and again, that he will stand on principle, do the right thing no matter how unpopular. He is despised by politicians because there isn\’t a skeleton in his closet by which they can threaten him. Trump has bodies lying in plain site that make him easily swayed. He is the ultimate greedy politician, he just doesn\’t know it, yet!

• John Miller says:

Mark, you\’re making an assumption that is baseless. You are assuming that he will do things you don\’t like. But there\’s no guarantee that any candidate will keep their promises and stay on the \”path\” that is acceptable to you. You sound like a Cruz supporter, although you don\’t specifically say, but your mention of conservatives and evangelicals would tend to lead one to think you are. But if you are, aren\’t you concerned about Cruz\’s embracing of unbiblical theologies? I\’m basing that on the fact that his father teaches and endorses things like dominion theology and prosperity theology and the teachings of such false teachers as the Hinns and Larry Huch (or don\’t you remember that Huch teaches that Jesus wasn\’t the only begotten Son of God and Benny Hinn has said we can become gods?). Or the fact that Cruz responds to Trump\’s excellent suggestion to get the eligibility thing behind him now and not wait for the general election (when the Democrats will use it against him in court and in the media and hurt his chances of election) by attacking Trump with tactics no different that Saul Alinksy recommends to the left. Or the fact that only 47% of voters believe Cruz is eligible to run, which is deadly to his campaign. Or, getting away from Cruz, although there is a lot more that could be said there, no candidate running has anywhere near the experience or record of success of Trump.

It sounds like your fears are based more on the attacks set out by Trump haters than by logic and sound reasoning.

• Ray Titus says:

I think a big point that people don\’t understand is that for a rise of conservatism in America we must first have a rise of nationalism or better termed patriotism. America had become complacent and the rise in support for Trump is a rise of Americans of all stripes fighting to take their country back. Without a patriotic citizenry conservatism will never grow and gain hold. Trump represents that patriotism to many Americans and his success could easily be followed by growth in the conservative movement.

• Phyllis says:

It\’s time to stop thinking of safety and stomp out there in the wilderness with a rebel like Trump. I\’m sick of reading about \”playing it safe\”. There is no such thing here anymore. Time to fight fire with fire. As one of our founding fathers told us \”You have a Republic, if you can keep it!\”

3. traitor hater

Yep,Trump buys polititions,lets let him buy the presidentcy,makes sense to me!!

4. Jim Doolin says:

For 240 years politicians have promised more than they can deliver. Most of it lies, hype or naivete. Apathetic America has become a \”boiled frog,\” finding itself headed by a bloated bureaucracy whose CIC/CEO is a hard core leftist establishing policies to attract more and more government dependents…legal or illegal, all of whom will vote for more of he same…enter Hillary. Trump appears to be \”the answer\” to the downfall. He is also a \”bull in a china closet.\” He tell us what we want to hear. What he proclaims today is very different than what he said 2, 5 and 10 years ago. That\’s called pandering….loud, obnoxious pandering. He even admits buying influence…because it was good for HIS business. He has financially supported many of those he now rails against. He labels ALL of those who disagree with him as \”stupid,\” \”failures,\” or worse. America needs a Constitutional Adult to bring it back. Cruz\’s book, A TIME FOR TRUTH is a must read and a justification to support him to bring back our country…before it\’s too late.

5. Marina says:

Let say you in trouble – find yourself in burning building, or drowning in the fast river or something like that. You are desperate and alone and all of a sudden coming in a man trying to carry you out the fire or pull out of the water. But you recognize him as he is a fugitive you saw on TV. Will you tell a man:\”Go away, I won\’t accept help from a criminal\” or you let him to saving you? Well, Trump not even a criminal, but he wants to save us, so what the heck difference does it make if he conservative or not and etc. I bet people will vote for him even he will be a democrat if he will lead his campaign as he does.

6. steverio

You\’re right about Tump, but wrong about being an accident. Everything he says is calculated and
    intentional with an agenda to start with. He games the media, and they don\’t get it.

7. Vanzorge says:

what an excellent article!!
    you nailed it

8. Margaret says:

Good read! Trump 2016 🇺🇸

9. Morgen says:

As I read comments from Trump supporters on many different sites, I am picking up on a theme. Conservatives, Christians, etc. are sick of being bullied and have found another bully who they think will fight on their side. But what happens when sometime in the future Trump does something that Conservatives or Christians don\’t like? At the first sign of criticism he has turned on people and rips them apart. Megan Kelly and Fox are the ones in the news now, but the list is long. One minute he is heaping praise and the next calling a person a bimbo. What makes us think that after winning the primary and possibly the general election he won\’t turn on us calling Christians hypocrites and Conservatives losers? I think we are playing with fire.

10. Janet says:

Anyone who doesn\’t know what our Nuclear Triad is isn\’t qualified to be president. Trump is a blow hard. He never explains his plans. It is laughable that he thinks he can make Mexico build a wall and frightening that people believe that line. The really bad news is that the president can be hand cuffed by our other 2 branches of government and if Trump is abrasive and has one of his childish fits he will be in for a hard road. As a democrat I hope he gets the Republican nomination.

11. Dale Cole says:

OK, cause I\’m a \”liberal\” and my so called \”Conservative\” friends keep posting this, let me tell you exactly why this is bullshit.

\”Stop nation building and constant wars.\”

Great, lets get out of nations we have and stop acting like the global police. We\’re not, and we shouldn\’t be.

\”Our military has become a joke under Obama. We are weak and ill prepared.\”

Complete crap, all three military branches have asked for less simply cause we don\’t need upgrade or new equipment. What we need is upgrades to our current equipment and drop the lame duck that\’s the F-35.

\”Let’s have a foreign policy built on strength instead of leading from behind.\”

And you want Trump in office for this? Ask anyone outside the US and they think Trump is a complete joke and Americans can\’t be serious about voting him in office.

\”Terrorists belong in Gitmo. Not the US court system.\”

Gitmo needs to be closed.

\”Stop the currency manipulation from China.\”

You realize that China owns most of the debt the banks have on hand right? how about Auditing the fed and seeing where that money is going.

\”Treat OPEC like an organized crime mob. An oil cartel is no different than a drug cartel.\”

Awesome!

\”Secure the freaking border.\”

Which one? The Mexican that\’s pretty much a warzone or the Canadian where most of the terrorists attack the US come from?

\”Repeal Obamacare and replace it with a well thought out plan and limit lawsuits.\”

When it\’s working just fine? ummm… how about no.

\”Fix the out of control spending.\”

You mean the president that\’s spent less than everyone before him since 1880?

\”But take care of our people and keep the promises of Medicare and Social Security.\”

Social Security is fine if both parties quit double dipping into it.

\”Reform welfare (again). The reforms from the Clinton Administration are gone and we have massively increased welfare.\”

We have a massively increased welfare state because of the wall street crash, out of control market speculation, and jobs moving overseas. More on this later.

\”Climate Change is a hoax. Kill it.\”

Climate change is real, don\’t be dumb.

\”Common Core should be scrapped.\”

Agree whole-heartedly (I have two kids, 10 and 6, and it\’s a pain in the ass.)

\”Stop funding abortionists\”

You don\’t have a vagina, this is not your fight.

\”Leave my guns the hell alone.\”

Agree, but they aren\’t coming for them anyway.

\”Let states decide who can marry whom.\”

Again, whole heartily agree, as long as there\’s no discrimination between the to people who are going to marry.

\”Stop refugees until we can properly vet them. Better yet, kill ISIS and send them all home.\”

How about just stop taking refugees.

\”Protect Christianity. Jews and Christians are being killed all over the world by Muslims. That MUST stop.\”

Islam is incompatible with everything that isn\’t Sharia Law. That\’s the only reason I need to deport anyone who practices Islam to another country. Sharia Law aims to replace the standing government, which is treason according to our constitution.

\”Make Political Correctness politically incorrect.\”

Awesome!

\”Jobs. We need jobs, jobs and jobs. Bring them back!\”

Starting with the american roadway infrastructure!!! #1 reason we need a jobs program to fix our crumbling roads and collapsing bridges. Expand the interstate highways from 2 lanes to 4 since the traffic has more than doubled in the time they were made.

12. Bill Coleman says:

Simple choice: If you are happy with the direction the USA is going, vote Democrat or GOPe ….. if not, vote Donald Trump. A vote for Donald Trump is a vote for the continuation of our culture of freedom for generations to come without fighting a bloody war to get it back. If you do not understand this, you may be a useful (political) idiot ….. if you do, you may be a patriot.

13. John says:

The people of our nation are angry…I get it! They are angry about being lied to over and over again by those whom we trusted to do the will of the people. They have deceived us with their failed promises…. I understand…it makes me angry too. But I refuse to be blinded by my anger. That\’s what happen when Germany turned over the reigns of leadership to Hitler. It never ends well when we give leadership to an egomaniac like Donald Trump. If you think Obama is bad, just wait until you give the Trumpster the most powerful leadership position in the world. BE ANGRY, AND yet DO NOT SIN……….. (Eph 4:6).

14. Emily

He is a rude blubbering man child, full of lies, contradictory thoughts, on top of so so many other awful human characteristics.. I pray for America… At least research his valid controversy. He was born a super privileged multi-millionaire and at one point was BILLIONS of dollars in debt. The average American has nothing to gain from voting for him.

15. Melissa says:

I have to say that when I read this I felt as though you had been reading my mind! I have had these same thoughts and I believe alot of people are just sick and tired of the same old crappie we have been dealing with for years. Finally, there is someone who speaks his mind and doesn’t hold back. People want his honesty and they want things on the list done!

3. […] VA Right! – Trump Doesn’t Have to be Conservative, Humble or Polite to Fix America […]

4. […] VA Right! – Trump Doesn’t Have to be Conservative, Humble or Polite to Fix America […]

5. […] VA Right! – Trump Doesn’t Have to be Conservative, Humble or Polite to Fix America […]

6. […] VA Right! – Trump Doesn’t Have to be Conservative, Humble or Polite to Fix America […]

7. […] VA Right! – Trump Doesn’t Have to be Conservative, Humble or Polite to Fix America […]

8. […] VA Right! – Trump Doesn’t Have to be Conservative, Humble or Polite to Fix America […]

9. […] VA Right! – Trump Doesn’t Have to be Conservative, Humble or Polite to Fix America […]

10. […] VA Right! – Trump Doesn’t Have to be Conservative, Humble or Polite to Fix America […]

11. […] VA Right! – Trump Doesn’t Have to be Conservative, Humble or Polite to Fix America […]

12. […] READ HERE. It’s worth it whether you’re a Trump supporter or not. […]

13. […] Second place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – VA Right! – Trump Doesn’t Have to be Conservative, Humble or Polite to Fix America […]

14. […] Second place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – VA Right! – Trump Doesn’t Have to be Conservative, Humble or Polite to Fix America […]

15. […] Second place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – VA Right! – Trump Doesn’t Have to be Conservative, Humble or Polite to Fix America […]

16. […] friend Tom White, over at Virginia Right, has explained his support of Donald Trump. Tom White argues that he has listened to and […]

17. […] Second place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – VA Right! – Trump Doesn’t Have to be Conservative, Humble or Polite to Fix America […]

18. […] Second place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – VA Right! – Trump Doesn’t Have to be Conservative, Humble or Polite to Fix America […]

19. […] Second place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – VA Right! – Trump Doesn’t Have to be Conservative, Humble or Polite to Fix America […]

20. […] Second place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – VA Right! – Trump Doesn’t Have to be Conservative, Humble or Polite to Fix America […]

21. […] Second place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – VA Right! – Trump Doesn’t Have to be Conservative, Humble or Polite to Fix America […]

22. […] VA Right! – Trump Doesn’t Have to be Conservative, Humble or Polite to Fix America […]

23. […] Second place t with 1 2/3 votes – VA Right! – Trump Doesn’t Have to be Conservative, Humble or Polite to Fix America […]

24. […] White wrote an excellent article about why people like Trump. He called his article “Trump doesn’t have to be conservative, humble or polite to fix America.” Here’s part of what White […]