Indian Summer, the dream time, neither totally here nor there…
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week….
- Liberty’s Spirit – Foreign Policy Clowns: Allowing Tyrants to Dictate Exceptionalism
- The Noisy Room – Obamas Middle Eastern Sleight of Hand
- Joshuapundit–Whoopsie…Gay Icon Matthew Shepard Was Actually Killed By Lover Over Meth
- The Political Commentator – Sports analogies for Obama Strategies!
- Simply Jews – Amnon Lord: Obama as a grand failure – or missing the great red herring.
- The Mellow Jihadi – Speaking in Japan to. . .
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Sinai Insurgency?
- The Razor – Memento Mori – The Art of Abandonment
- VA Right! – Putin is Right! America IS NOT Exceptional
- The Right Planet – Sun Tzu on Syria
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Moonbat gun control round-up
- Nice Deb – Grief Stricken Christian Woman in Syria Lashes Out: We Blame Obama! He Is Helping The Rebels
- The Glittering Eye –The Lack Of Moral Outrage
- Rhymes With Right – Black Actors Step, Fetch, For Racist Liberal Sarah Silverman
- Bookworm Room – Andrew Sullivans marvelously misguided theory about how Obama played Putin when it came to Syria
- Ask Marion – After a Year, Congressional Benghazi Report Finally Points Negatively To Senior State Department Officials
- Maggie’s Notebook – Palestinian Nidal Hasan’s Military Pay Went to Charity: Won’t Disclose What Charity or In What Countries
- Lee Smith/Weekly Standard – The Damage Done submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- Mark Steyn –American Ineffectualism submitted by The Noisy Room
- Roger L.Simon/PJ Media – Going to War with the Blind General of Benghazi (An Apology) submitted by Joshuapundit
- Middle East Forum –Beware Syrians bearing gifts submitted by The Political Commentator
- Richard Fernandez/PJ Media – A Gift Horse In The Mouth submitted by Simply Jews
- Castor Praetoria – Things Your SgtMaj Hates…”That’s not my job!” submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- AEI Ideas – Saving al-Assad submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Habitable Worlds –Emotive but Meaningless submitted by The Razor
- Heritage/The Foundry – Morning Bell: 5 Ways Obama Has Trampled the Constitution submitted by VA Right!
- Walid Shoebat – John Brennan has a New Benghazi Problem submitted by The Right Planet
- Douglas Ernst – Dianne Feinstein, NSA apologist, is more dangerous to America than men with rifles will ever be submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Roger Kimball/PJ Media –Fundamentally Transforming the United States of America submitted by Nice Deb
- James Joyner/Outside the Beltway – Obama Syria Speech Instant Reaction submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Allergic To Bull – “I Know They Went to Heaven” submitted by Rhymes with Right
- New Scientist–Why A Cyberwar won’t happen submitted by Bookworm Room
- Seraphic Secret – 12 Years After 9-11 submitted by The Watcher
- Barry Rubin – The Solution: How to Deal with Obama Middle East Policy submitted by The Watcher